homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-25-2006, 11:32 PM   #1

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Heavy+Groovy Bulb/Periphery Clip! (Podxt, Dfhs, Ebmm Jp7)

Hey guys,

I got a new clip im workin on, this one is groovy cuz its a new section of the groovy Juggernaut song im working on. (for those who dont know, juggernaut is my juggernaut of a song for the second album and in its current incarnaition will be around 20-25 minutes long whee)
Dont worry though, this is just a 3 minute clip haha!

Its called "icarus lives!"
And you should check it out here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bulb

or directly at:

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/0...songID=4593197

The drums are Drumkit From Hell Superior
Guitars are EBMM JP7 thru podxt
Bass is a Schecter 5 string thru podxt

enjoy!
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-25-2006, 11:42 PM   #2
???

Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Umm...Jesus that's amazing.

I've always been impressed with your skills at arranging these little riffs you put up on your page, and this is another awesome clip. I'd kill for your recording setup too.
Blexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2006, 11:44 PM   #3
Nik
Arrogant asshole

Nik will become famous soon enough

Seriously dude, when are you gonna release a CD with all this stuff?

I love it--it's like DT mixed with all my favorite things about Meshuggah. The classicy-sounding intro was great too, and the strings.... You are, hands-down, my favorite rhythm guitarist

Were the guitars also recorded through the PodXT?

Also, I hate to hijack this thread, but did you record the bass with a guitar PodXT? And if so, could you share that patch? I've been trying to record my bassist through my Pod, but I haven't been able to get a good tone....

----------------------
Visit my band, 'Emulsifier.' Unless you suck. You don't suck... do you?
http://www.myspace.com/demx
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 01:09 AM   #4

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
aww thanks man thats quite a compliment haha!

the guitars and bass were both recorded with a guitar podxt and i can try and upload the patch when im on my recording computer again!
Unread 10-26-2006, 01:16 AM   #5
Banned

DSS3 is just really niceDSS3 is just really nice
Damn... amazing as usual!

Any chance on patches for the clean-ish stuff? That's my favorite part of it!

I assume you based the drums off Thordendal's settings?
DSS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 01:22 AM   #6

thanks man, yeah i can upload the cleans too when i get back on my recording comp, the drums are based off his settings but massively tweaked cuz i only partially agree with his mixing style hahahah!
Unread 10-26-2006, 01:56 AM   #7
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Typical, you ....er.

It sounds bad-ass!

Nice work, Bulb. Your shit is really great. Getting some fans up on here.
Char2000 likes this.
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 02:03 AM   #8
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Sweet stuff. I usually like my guitar tones a bit less digital, but it really works on this track
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 04:03 AM   #9
Hylian Metal Master

Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That was frickin great M33sh! Your mixing ear is incredible. Do you have a DS7 in that JP7? While youre at it, PM me all your recording secrets plzkthxbye!
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 04:07 AM   #10

aww fanks Ry4n, nah stock jp7 pups, basically the only time i thought the stock pups in a guitar totally kicked my ass, i love em!
Recording secrets? Dude if you hit ctrl+alt+del like 38 times in a row in the middle of recording, something magical happens!!1
Char2000 likes this.
Unread 10-26-2006, 04:45 AM   #11
Hylian Metal Master

Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
lol im so gonna sneak into your crib and switch out your xt with mine while you cradle it in your snoozeness.
Char2000 likes this.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 05:02 AM   #12
tacos?

Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
wow man, awesome stuff again this song is pretty ....ing good man cant wait to hear the whole 25 min incarnation

Knights that say
Mr. S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 07:15 AM   #13
TACTUS A

JoryGriffin is just really niceJoryGriffin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That is an amazingly totally stunning sound if you dont mind me saying so

With that Meshuggah *Twang* too... love it.

Just makes me want a PodXT even more

Official Gildenlow Fanboy
JoryGriffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #14
Carvin Zealot

keithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of light
Damn dude.....

I have to ask, how long does it take you to go from a blank slate to something like that? I mean, are you mixing and EQing for days, or have your god-like powers increased to the point where you just think of a riff in your sleep and it appears on soundclick when you wake up?
keithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 11:20 AM   #15
Nik
Arrogant asshole

Nik will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb
aww thanks man thats quite a compliment haha!

the guitars and bass were both recorded with a guitar podxt and i can try and upload the patch when im on my recording computer again!
Awesome man, that would be much, much appreciated

----------------------
Visit my band, 'Emulsifier.' Unless you suck. You don't suck... do you?
http://www.myspace.com/demx
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 11:32 AM   #16
SS Contributor

kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Damn that sounded pretty kick ass!
I suck at recording with a computer.
I envie you guys that have got it figured out.
kmanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 11:36 AM   #17
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Mother of god, how the .... do you get that tone out of a PodXT? I'm about to say .... the JM150 and just get one if you can share that patch.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #18
ss.org Regular

Chris Feener is a glorious beacon of lightChris Feener is a glorious beacon of lightChris Feener is a glorious beacon of light
My balls groove better than this. Horrible tone, and who programmed those excuse for drums? Sounds like an 80's glam tune with a little too much heroin involved.

I mean, where's the bag pipe solo? Come on..

....er..

P.S: Probebly your best one yet.
Chris Feener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 11:43 AM   #19
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feener and bulb need to start a band together. They can call it "Better than you".

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 11:47 AM   #20
I poop in shoes.

nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.
Damn that is TIGHT!!! That's the tone I've been hunting on my XT Live....you suck for finding it

Awsome recording though

I am the mask you wear.
nitelightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #21

haha wow! thanks a lot guys!

I will form a band with feener when he stops grabbing my ass everytime i look away (and when i acquire some god-like chops too).

As for the recording process, these days it has to happen pretty damn quickly because i dont really have the time. I usually spend a couple hours writing/recording the riffs (had the idea for the first riff in my head and when i recorded it the rest just sorta came out), then the next day i spent just as much time arranging it and mixing it, and then some final touches last night before posting. I really just wish i had more time so i could make more riffs haha!

Oh and i will try and upload the patch tonite, if i dont have time then i will definitely do it when i get back from boston on monday!
Unread 10-26-2006, 12:59 PM   #22
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I think what ppl need to realise 99% of his killer tone comes from post editing the tone not the pod xt per se. Right misha?

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 01:00 PM   #23
wake up dead

7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Feener and bulb need to start a band together. They can call it "Better than you".

ROFL that would be a 2-some that could seriously
7slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by .jason.
I think what ppl need to realise 99% of his killer tone comes from post editing the tone not the pod xt per se. Right misha?
well not 99 percent haha, but defiitely post processing and just the way the mix itself sounds plays a big part in making the patch fit in and sound good!
Unread 10-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #25
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb
well not 99 percent haha, but defiitely post processing and just the way the mix itself sounds plays a big part in making the patch fit in and sound good!

yeah 99% is on the high side..but what do you do for post processing? eq, multiband compressors?

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote