homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-21-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

Chris Feener is a glorious beacon of lightChris Feener is a glorious beacon of lightChris Feener is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New p0rg m3tal (Very 7 String Oriented) Tune Here!

Haven't written anything in a while, so I decided to revamp an old idea I had. It's 100% done with the exception of part two of the guitar solo. Buuuut I'm at work and I'm bored so I figured I'd post it anyway for your enjoyment.

http://www.myspace.com/chrisfeener

It automatically plays, but if it doesn't it's called "Primal Possessions Clip".

P.S: I'm considering vocals so anything could change with regards to the structure.
Chris Feener is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-21-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
G'day mate D:

jarrydn is a jewel in the rough
Dude, that was awesome.

Great tone, awesome playing, ridiculously catchy

God damn you can shred
jarrydn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Very cool. This is one of those songs that sounds perfectly fine without vocals. If you did add vocals, you might want put the vocals in the parts with power chords/that don't have very much distinctive lead guitar. By the way, I love the lead from around 1:30 to 2:00. The lead starting around 3:00 is just breathtaking. You've got a lot of talent.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #4
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
Nice, I agree with Naren.

Maybe put vocals in those parts he mentioned, but it definately dosn't need them.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 12:12 PM   #5
Total Rondo Addict!

Christopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Very tasty and melodic. What's your rig on the track?

By the way, I'm adding you on Myspace, my user is Christopher.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
ss.org Regular

Chris Feener is a glorious beacon of lightChris Feener is a glorious beacon of lightChris Feener is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks guys, and I'm probebly not gonna add vocals, but I'm getting a new band happening soon (With a vocalist) so I might steal some riffs from this for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher
Very tasty and melodic. What's your rig on the track?

By the way, I'm adding you on Myspace, my user is Christopher.
Rig? PODXT!! wooo.. haha
Unread 10-21-2006, 01:36 PM   #7
TACTUS A

JoryGriffin is just really niceJoryGriffin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Feener
Thanks guys, and I'm probebly not gonna add vocals, but I'm getting a new band happening soon (With a vocalist) so I might steal some riffs from this for that!

Rig? PODXT!! wooo.. haha

p...o...d...x...t.....

That sounds incredible for a podxt... but you are an pretty good guitarist too i suppose

Thumbs Up

Official Gildenlow Fanboy
JoryGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #8
Carvin Zealot

keithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice - loved the tones especially.
You've got to share those patches
keithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 02:49 PM   #9
Total Rondo Addict!

Christopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Feener

Rig? PODXT!! wooo.. haha
Nice! As a Vetta owner and abuser I'm not actually surprised by that.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #10

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
u suck hard
your tone is digital crap and you just sound like another korn/limp bizkit ripoff

love,

bulb

edit:podxts are teh suck, real men use fenders for high gain tones

ok fine i lie i love chris's peener!
go look at new pics of my 8 chris and know that my lack of technique will be made up for in cool-top-on-your-8-stringness!!!

Last edited by bulb; 10-21-2006 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #11
tacos?

Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
good stuff man , cant bloody wait till i get my PodXT now... c'mon pay day

Knights that say
Mr. S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #12
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Damn, that's awesome.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #13
ss.org Regular

OK, the song is done! It's up under the same name on my MySpace. Finished off the solos, fixed up the mix, and made some small adjustments.

www.myspace.com/chrisfeener
Unread 10-21-2006, 09:36 PM   #14
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Very cool tune! You can really shred!

I added you too.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #15
ss.org Regular

Thanks alot guys!
Unread 10-22-2006, 09:34 AM   #16
Not so local lefty

Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I deem this song w1n.

I R LEFTY!

Left-handers come visit!
http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 09:12 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly-bobs
I deem this song w1n.
Wow a w1n? I'm honored!

Btw, you're avater is a w1n in my books for freakiest shit ever.
Unread 10-23-2006, 12:13 AM   #18
SS Contributor

Black Watch is just really niceBlack Watch is just really nice
That's very good work! For the benefit of others, allow me to suggest that you post some more info on this track, such as what you recorded it with, how you mixed it and what trade offs you made when you mixed. That's some real talent there. Keep it up.
Black Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 05:44 AM   #19
Not so local lefty

Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Ok I zoomed out a bit on scary girl, so you can see more of her pleasant face.

I R LEFTY!

Left-handers come visit!
http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 08:15 AM   #20
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Watch
That's very good work! For the benefit of others, allow me to suggest that you post some more info on this track, such as what you recorded it with, how you mixed it and what trade offs you made when you mixed. That's some real talent there. Keep it up.
First off, thanks dude!

As I mentioned before, all of the guitar tracks were done with a PODxt, connected to my PC via USB. The mixing was done in Nuendo 3.0, with everything I played being double tracked with the exception of solos (without harmonies) and bass guitar. I used little to no post-eq, I think I added a pretty slight but wide treble boost on rhythm guitars to brighten them up a little. And as for the bass, I used Maxbass (a plugin which came with Waves Diamond Bundle) to help with the low end because my bass sucks balls. On the overall mix I applied a light compression to tighten things up with regards to volume and frequencies.

With regards to the drums, I think it all comes down to what outputs you choose to route each drum mic to, and in EZDrummer, that's made alot.. easier! So not alot of messing around was required, besides the given snare compression/EQ, bass drum compression/EQ, and other small things such as panning, adjusting levels of room noise, and adjusting levels of ambience in each mic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly-bobs
Ok I zoomed out a bit on scary girl, so you can see more of her pleasant face.
Bastard!

Unread 10-23-2006, 08:59 AM   #21
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb
u suck hard
your tone is digital crap and you just sound like another korn/limp bizkit ripoff

love,

bulb

edit:podxts are teh suck, real men use fenders for high gain tones

ok fine i lie i love chris's peener!
go look at new pics of my 8 chris and know that my lack of technique will be made up for in cool-top-on-your-8-stringness!!!

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 09:01 AM   #22
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Brilliant as usual dude.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #23
ouh...

Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.
Dude, the song kicks some serious ass! very very awesome.

Check out my Myspace for some fusion and prog! www.myspace.com/ianeiderbo
Seedawakener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #24
Closed Eye Visuals

Skeksis will become famous soon enough
Pretty awesome man!

Care to share your patches?
Skeksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 04:06 PM   #25
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeksis
Pretty awesome man!

Care to share your patches?
Blah I never have my stuff availible when people ask.

I can tell you it's a P-Ball with an EQ stomp, mic on axis, Green 25's cab. Everything else is just a matter of EQ and amp settings which you would probebly have to adjust anyway after loading my exact tone using a different guitar :P Just take it easy on the presence!