homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #1

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Looking for opinions on some PODxt tones.

Hey, just testing out some XT patches, wanted to see which other people thought was better. Playing is just random, not really thinking about any structure or anything here, just trying out the tones.

There are 3 different tones here.

Audio:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...B6F47E415CA7BD

Still unsure about this thing.. Ever since I got my amp I've been spoiled rotten.

Any comments appreciated.
Toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
Vince is X!!!

Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The last one

It's just very clear & tight.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I liked the third one best. The other 2 sounded too mid-rangey and almost wah-like. But 3 was crisp and heavy. It had that tone we both like. 1 and 2 may be better for a lead, though, with some delay or reverb, possibly.

EDIT - looks like Vin and I agree.
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #4

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Well this is becoming an easy decision. Funny though, that tone is a variation of a patch(the SymX one) that got like 80-something downloads in the old patch library. heh

Models in the clip are:
Purge
JCM800
Uber

Though, I guess I added too many mids to the Purge patch, thought I was doing a good thing bumping them up.
Unread 10-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Last one is the darkest..all have too much gain. THe last one has the most potenial

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #6
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Too much gain?

Is there such a thing?
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2006, 11:11 AM   #7
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf
Too much gain?

Is there such a thing?
yea

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by .jason.
Last one is the darkest..all have too much gain. THe last one has the most potenial

I. Like. Gain.

If I was quadruple-tracking, or something, I'd ditch the chorus and drop the gain a hair, but otherwise: I like gain. Besides, I don't play ACDC.
Unread 10-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #9
zombie

irg7620 is a jewel in the rough
i love gain. the more the ....ing better. that's what metal is all about. you do whatever your heart likes and .... the rest. your playing will be better if you like the tone. i like the 2nd and 3rd. the 3rd sounds more nasally, which i don't prefer, but that's just an opinion. 2nd has some good bass response but i feel it doesn't have as much gain as the 3rd. rock with whatever your heart, mind and soul tell you.

We all need to be adopting green energy sources: solar, wind, alternative fuels. we only have one planet to live on.

www.sefdtufftruck.com
irg7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2006, 02:13 AM   #10
Cancer:The Crucifuct

Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You know would be cool, if you double track the rhythms, using Tone 2 for one side , and Tone 3 for the other. Together they would sound fan-....ing-tastic.
Cancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyphre
You know would be cool, if you double track the rhythms, using Tone 2 for one side , and Tone 3 for the other. Together they would sound fan-....ing-tastic.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Course, I'm just looking for a tone to record ideas with that won't make me cringe later, and I won't feel bad about posting.