homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
Nic
ss.org Regular

Nic has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
All by ourselves

My band did this whole album on our own. We're very proud of it but would really like some outside opinions. I'm posting it on this forum because you all seem to have well thought out and appropriate/constructive responses. Thanks in advance for the input.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=597169
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
Vince is X!!!

Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I listened to a few of your songs there, and I'll give you an honest critique. I think the band sounds great. The triggered/drum machine drums sound absolutely amazing and the guitar tone is wonderful. You have every reason to be proud of this music.

The only constructive critique I have for you has to do with your singer. I like his tone a lot, and he has passion, but what he doesn't have is key. I'd recommend, if you still have a chance to before you release the album, go back and use some autotune on his vocals. Not too much, because you don't want a robotic sound, but just enough to pull him back in key at points.

His passion is there, his takes are there, he just seems to go in and out of key a bit. That's pretty common with singers, that's why they invented things like Autotune

You guy's would probably kick ass live
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #3
Vince is X!!!

Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
come on, someone else post some thoughts for the poor guy, his music is pretty good!
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.
I've listened to "Going Nowhere" and "All That's Left Say", and I've gotta say that this is some good stuff. The singer is out of key at times, but otherwise he sounds good, and he isn't that much off key. The songs are really catchy and have a nice sound.
Makelele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
First off, I'm not a fan of this genre, but I put that aside when reviewing music.

I agree with everything Vince said. Good production, great guitar tone, and everything blends in really well. You guys have a knack for writing catchy hooks. I don't have the best of speakers at work, but it sounds like there is a lack of low end thump. Could someone with better speakers confirm if the bass is low or if I'm just not hearing it?

Your singer needs some work. I get what he's going for, but he hits some notes that make me flinch. Throw him through some good pitch correction software, because he's not that far off. It's just that he's so far out front that when he's off, you can really tell.

Maybe you guys can see about getting him some vocal lessons. He sounds like he has the natural ability, and some hard work with the right coach will really make him shine. I can't under estimate how much good vocal instruction has done for our vocalist. Not a slam, just a suggestion.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2006, 10:17 AM   #6
Nic
ss.org Regular

Nic has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the insights. =)
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote