homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #26
Gear Whore

Pedrojoca is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
love the idea!!! i'd participate for sure...

btw... i have kind of an idea. the theme is something really subjective, and, as people have already said, you can release something you've been working on for a month and say you did it in 1 hour. I think that a good way of making sure people don't cheat was to set a strict rule. Per example: everyone must use a certain tempo.... or even it must start with a clean riff. And that only rule would always change, that way, we could make sure nobody cheats

....just sayin'
Pedrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #27
The Minotaur

Meatbucket is just really niceMeatbucket is just really nice
DAW'LL DO IRT!

Sounds pretty epix.

[Infinity Complex] 12:39 am: i hate you, meat.
---------------------------------------------
[Razzy] 11:50 am: I'd so suck her penis.
[Razzy] 11:51 am: I typed that without thinking. I apologize.
---------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/TheMinotaurMeatbucket
Meatbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #28
ss.org Regular

sarkophagus is on a distinguished road
id love to give this a go! do the songs have to have guitar in them or can you just make electronic tracks?
sarkophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #29
SS.org Regular

MatthewK is just really niceMatthewK is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I think it's a very cool idea.
MatthewK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #30
SS.org Regular

in-pursuit is just really nicein-pursuit is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I really hope if this happens that the time difference between me and the majority of ss.org users doesnt put me out of the frame for this because I'm really very keen to do this. Maybe it could be a weekly thing?
in-pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #31
Aaron Branches

Hourglass1117 is a glorious beacon of lightHourglass1117 is a glorious beacon of lightHourglass1117 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Count me in.

I might even try and do this on my own time to kick my ass into gear about writing music!

Follow me on Soundcloud:
www.soundcloud.com/aaronbranches

EBMM JPX-7
EBMM JPX Emerald Green
AxeFX Ultra
Hourglass1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #32
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrojoca View Post
love the idea!!! i'd participate for sure...

btw... i have kind of an idea. the theme is something really subjective, and, as people have already said, you can release something you've been working on for a month and say you did it in 1 hour. I think that a good way of making sure people don't cheat was to set a strict rule. Per example: everyone must use a certain tempo.... or even it must start with a clean riff. And that only rule would always change, that way, we could make sure nobody cheats

....just sayin'
Well, anyone who did that would be a douche. And they'd be missing the point: What can you do in an hour? Sure, if you win, you get internet ego stroked, but if you come up with something you're proud of in just an hour, then you've improved your composition ability. Which is something to actually be happy about.
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 02:15 AM   #33
Gear Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlordmugfug View Post
Well, anyone who did that would be a douche. And they'd be missing the point: What can you do in an hour? Sure, if you win, you get internet ego stroked, but if you come up with something you're proud of in just an hour, then you've improved your composition ability. Which is something to actually be happy about.
totally agree man !
Unread 04-09-2011, 04:00 AM   #34
Tnarg

grantcooper2 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
great idea! I am in!

Rig: 5150 III 50W | Boss GT-100 | Port City 2x12OS | Mills 412b
Guitars: PRS Custom 24 Artist | Carvin DC800 | Fender Spalted Tele | Ibanez RGD7421 | PRS SE Angelus | G&L Tribute L-2000

http://www.noknovum.com
grantcooper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 04:18 AM   #35
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What's a good time to do it, Sunday evening UK time?

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 04:24 AM   #36
Gear Whore

hmmm evening might be too risky, other countries may not be able to participate.
Unread 04-09-2011, 04:47 AM   #37
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrojoca View Post
hmmm evening might be too risky, other countries may not be able to participate.
Why?

UK evening time is USA morning time and late evening in Australia, seems to be the most logical time to me.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Unread 04-09-2011, 05:14 AM   #38
SS.org Regular

in-pursuit is just really nicein-pursuit is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
Why?

UK evening time is USA morning time and late evening in Australia, seems to be the most logical time to me.
i agree, this time works for me
in-pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #39
Beaver Sack #2

Yaris is a jewel in the rough
I can do this! Hopefully it's a weekend cause I have school in the mornings

I should be sponsored by Ibanez.
Listen/Download my EP Here (or don't): http://jordankw.bandcamp.com/album/words-with-foes-ep
Bandcamp \ Soundclick \ Soundcloud
Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #40
SS.org Regular

Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Glad to see the idea taking off, but I'm probably not the best person to organize it due to my erratic work schedule and long hours.
Clydefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #41
Gear Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
Why?

i thought you didn't check, nice one sir!
Unread 04-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #42
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydefrog View Post
Glad to see the idea taking off, but I'm probably not the best person to organize it due to my erratic work schedule and long hours.
Here's a rubric I guess we can all pretty much agree on:

On Sunday evening, by Greenwich time, or wherever that prime meridian thing is, we'll meet up in the chatroom and a theme will be chosen.

I will come up with the theme, so that I can match it to something I've already written. Maybe this needs to be a quick vote type of deal?

After we get the theme down, we get five minutes to talk it out, then the hour begins.

Hour ends, as I'm sitting pretty on my master composition.

Ten minutes to mix, master, and upload, and then we share links and vote on the winner!

I win.Lots of green bars await me in my future

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #43
Frets? What frets?

Varcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud of
I'm interested. It'll be a good way to get feedback on my mixes and practice recording/mixing under pressure.

Bit of a bitch to organise with three time zones though, and Scar Symmetry's got his timezones wrong: It's currently 4:45PM Saturday where I am, but it's 1:45AM Sunday in Brisbane and 11:45AM Saturday in New York. Evening Europe time is early afternoon American time, but "....ing early tomorrow morning" Aussie time.

SchecterWhore: "Development, phase four. Beethoven
takes you for a ride through space in his Pontiac Trans Am."
Varcolac is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #44
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varcolac View Post
I'm interested. It'll be a good way to get feedback on my mixes and practice recording/mixing under pressure.

Bit of a bitch to organise with three time zones though, and Scar Symmetry's got his timezones wrong: It's currently 4:45PM Saturday where I am, but it's 1:45AM Sunday in Brisbane and 11:45AM Saturday in New York. Evening Europe time is early afternoon American time, but "....ing early tomorrow morning" Aussie time.
Ugh, this would work if only we could get rid of the Australians.
So what I'm gathering is that there is no single time that would be ideal for anyone?
I don't see a reason why we couldn't have two contests a day. The Aussies and whoever else might be up as well could start it off, and then another one for Europe and the US and whatever night-owl Aussies want to join?

I hope this isn't coming off as discriminatory

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #45
ss.org Regular

Unto The Sky is on a distinguished road
I'd definitely be up for it
Unto The Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #46
progressive insanity

IAMLORDVADER is a glorious beacon of lightIAMLORDVADER is a glorious beacon of lightIAMLORDVADER is a glorious beacon of light
Im up for it
IAMLORDVADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #47
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.
I'm not necessarily into it for the contest aspect, but I love the idea of hearing of the theme and parameters and working within the framework, just to do it. I hadn't realized that you all were talking about trying to do this at structured times.

Being cutthroat about something which is meant to expand one's creativity = dick move, incidentally.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #48
Ex Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
I'm not necessarily into it for the contest aspect, but I love the idea of hearing of the theme and parameters and working within the framework, just to do it. I hadn't realized that you all were talking about trying to do this at structured times.

Being cutthroat about something which is meant to expand one's creativity = dick move, incidentally.
Fair =/= cut throat.

The idea was born elsewhere as a competition and if you take that aspect out of it, the incentive is lost. A race is fair if you all start at the same line, that's how competition works. I don't see why you see competition as such a bad thing anyway, as has been said it's just for fun, so if it's fair then great but it's not necessarily essential.

Unread 04-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #49
SS.org Regular

Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.Clydefrog is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Clarification.

The competition aspect is a big part of it, but on the site where the idea was born, there are lots of people who take part in it just to make people laugh (joke songs) etc. And they usually turn out fantastic. It's not an entirely straight-laced affair. Sometimes the themes are funny, so that gives birth to a funny song.
Scar Symmetry and Pedrojoca like this.
Clydefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #50
Recording Studio Nub

Iheartmidgetbooty is a jewel in the rough
What if we organized it by continental timezones? Like one person who is willing (and who will organize the whole thing) sits in on these chatrooms or something and then he posts the winners after the whole thing is over on this thread??

i probably sound crazy lmao

I love teh midget booties. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, goooood.
Iheartmidgetbooty is offline   Reply With Quote