homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
Hylian Metal Master

Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Dimarzio X2N7 Clip

Here's a clip of my new 7620 with a X2N7 in the bridge.
I used the PODxt and a Tubescreamer with a Boss NS-2 in front of all that.
I also added a little more midrange than usual cause im experimenting for more notey tones (this clip not being notey or anything.)

Clip

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-24-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
EDIT:

That clip sounds remarkable, I cant believe thats just a PODxt and a Tube Screamer.
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
Fatal Havoc

Mykie is just really niceMykie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice man, I was thinking about getting that pickup in my rg1527 and my s7420. How do you like the feel of that pup?

6-string guitarist to a 7-string guitarist
Mykie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
....ing nice.
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:24 PM   #5
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf
....ing nice.
+1

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #6
Hylian Metal Master

Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth
Everything sounds the same to me with a Pod I'd love to hear a clip with an analog amp just once.
I would try to mic my amp but my micing skillz are teh raunchy. It would sound like piss. If someone want to help me out on that science i will definitely mic something for ya. :/

O yah, and a lot of people were wondering what the X2N7 sounded like clean.. So i smooshed a little clean diddy at the end for them.. Thats the X2N7 split with a stock New7 Neck.
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #7
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I would try to mic my amp but my micing skillz are teh raunchy. It would sound like piss. If someone want to help me out on that science i will definitely mic something for ya. :/
sure what do you have at your disposal?

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:31 PM   #8
Hylian Metal Master

I have a 4x12, birch construction, and v30s - closed back
and a samson studio condenser
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:33 PM   #9
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Quote:
I have a 4x12, birch construction, and v30s - closed back
and a samson studio condenser
ok what about a interface? Like got anything to plug the mic into?

Gallagher
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #10
Hylian Metal Master

Mic

No interface on a USB... cept the Samson Pre, which is nothing but a digital gain slider i think, and a phase button.
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:35 PM   #11
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

ok what do you plug the mic into?

Gallagher
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:39 PM   #12
Hylian Metal Master

Straight into the computer d00d.
Its a USB mic.. Im confused lol
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #13
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Quote:
Straight into the computer d00d.
Its a USB mic.. Im confused lol
a drr got ya dude sorry. Ok what about software?

Gallagher
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:45 PM   #14
Hylian Metal Master

I use the Samson Pre, and then into Sonar 5 PE, and then into Adobe Audition for post editing

Whenever i mic, it sounds either way too fizzy (and i know to cut back gain and treble)
or like its in a toilet bowl.
When i try to position the mic, moving it makes like a EQ shift and i cant get it to where it should be to sound like the true voice of the rig.
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:47 PM   #15
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Quote:
I use the Samson Pre, and then into Sonar 5 PE, and then into Adobe Audition for post editing
alright. set the mic just up against the cab cloth. right in front of the speaker cone. Adjust the eq as neccesary.

Gallagher
Unread 09-25-2006, 01:16 AM   #16
Lord Super Awesome

Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Damn, that sounds tight! Thank you!
I think I found my next pickup.

What amp model are you using? That sounds crunchy!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 05:20 AM   #17
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Brutal! Sounds nice clean at the end too. I may have to look into getting one at some point.
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 06:18 AM   #18
Stay negative!

Korbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to all
my lord that sounds great. the distortion is great! but!! that clean tone is unreal! i am so getting it just for that clean!

http://soundcloud.com/korbaink7 New song on the way, added a new one a few weeks ago
Korbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 07:53 AM   #19
NUDE MAN!

LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth
Everything sounds the same to me with a Pod I'd love to hear a clip with an analog amp just once.
Soon Daniel San. Must make clips of my new amp after it arrives Wednesday

www.bodenhamer-electronics.com

the official gain merchant of sevenstring.org.
LordOVchaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 07:58 AM   #20
AVH
avhguitarrepair.com

AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Shit Ryan, that sounds really good. Mind pm'ing what your TubeS & XT settings are?
AVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 08:02 AM   #21
maybe this year

rummy is a glorious beacon of lightrummy is a glorious beacon of lightrummy is a glorious beacon of light
I'm really surprised with the clean tone. Very usable.
rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 10:04 AM   #22
Banned

Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
that sounds so brutal man, good clip, really captures the x2n7 pretty well imo. tight, crisp, concise, brutal, great pinch harmonics
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 11:11 AM   #23
Hylian Metal Master

Yah, im totally happy with it. Funny thing, when i pulled the PU out of the box, the first thing i noticed is the X2N7 has some serious weight behind it. Its the most physically heavy pickup ive seen..

I'll PM ya Al
Unread 09-25-2006, 11:17 AM   #24
Banned

Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
try sticking it to the fridge it makes a great fridge magnet
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 11:34 AM   #25
Mah Kitteh doez Coke

LilithXShred is just really niceLilithXShred is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rummy
I'm really surprised with the clean tone.
+1 I've been told that the output is too extreme for such a neat clean tone. But it really sounds cool.
LilithXShred is offline   Reply With Quote