homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!

theunforgiven246 is just really nicetheunforgiven246 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Randall iso cab

ok i have a few questions about this cab. first how does it sound? is it actually quiet enough to use in an apartment? if it is still too loud could i wrap it up with blankets or something to make it quieter? is it possible to hook it up to my 5150 combo and just use it as the only speaker so its quiet as possible? i'm asking this cause i dont think i could part with it. i just love the sound i get out of it and want to keep it and still be able to use it in an apartment.

my girlfriend says i'm totally METAL!
balls.
theunforgiven246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
I like beer

aldog1330 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I haven't heard anything real good about the Randall ISO cabs. There is one new brand that has been talked alot about on the Harmony Central forums, but the name escapes me at this point. Lemme see if I can find it.
aldog1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
Dis ....in' guy...

JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Is this what you're talking about? aldog

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/pro...tion/index.asp
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
NUDE MAN!

LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldog1330
I haven't heard anything real good about the Randall ISO cabs. There is one new brand that has been talked alot about on the Harmony Central forums, but the name escapes me at this point. Lemme see if I can find it.
http://www.axetrak.com/

I've heard some AMAZING recordings done with this. I've also been told that with an amp cranked this is at whisper volumes.

www.bodenhamer-electronics.com

the official gain merchant of sevenstring.org.
LordOVchaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
I like beer

aldog1330 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOVchaoS

I've heard some AMAZING recordings done with this. I've also been told that with an amp cranked this is at whisper volumes.
That is the one...the clips I've heard are gonna make me buy one for my new apartment. Amazing, and even when cranked the amp is not even at conversation volumes.
aldog1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
Dis ....in' guy...

JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOVchaoS

Interesting.
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2006, 05:11 PM   #7
Total Rondo Addict!

Christopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've got one of the Randall ones. I don't use it much anymore because my Vetta doesn't need too much volume to sound good. I liked it a lot for tube amps though.

It does a pretty good job of quieting things down. It's not like a whisper quiet thing though. I could turn my 50 watt power amp to about 75% without it being to loud outside it. I did use it to record a lot and it was cool for late night jamming when the kids were in bed. I put it into a closet in the studio in the basement and it kept it super quiet.

The recorded tones sounded pretty good, there is a slight mid rangey hump in it but it could be dialed out pretty easy.

I might sell mine if you're interested. I just don't use mine that much anymore.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #8
BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!

theunforgiven246 is just really nicetheunforgiven246 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the axetrak sounds boxy to me and i dont like that sound. i was wondering if there were any recordings that used the randall. i know dime used it on the damage plan cd but my copy got stolen.

my girlfriend says i'm totally METAL!
balls.
theunforgiven246 is offline   Reply With Quote