homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #26
ss.org regular

controversyking is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bulb Presets in S2.0

Hello,

I'm a huge noob with superior drummer and am still learning the basics of the program.

I recently downloaded the Bulb S2.0 presets from Toontrack (*cough strictly to support Misha and the band... *cough ), and simply cannot find out how to load them up..

I installed them, and the installer even noted how it scans to put them in the correct directory.. booted S2.0 up through my DAW and in Toontrack Solo separate times and could not find out how to use them.... All of the places I saw for "presets" just had all of the stock ones (i think), but nothing indicative of 'bulb' presets.

Any help from people more experienced than I is appreciated

EDIT

Thanks to whoever moved this post here. I used the search function before posting but kind of failed at it I guess. Sorry to clutter the forum
controversyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #27
SS.org Regular

manana is a jewel in the rough
Did you update to 2.2.3?

Check out my music!
Soundcloud.com/manana-1
manana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #28
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've got Evil Drums SDX but I can't figure out how to blend it with Avatar? I've searched all over for an answer.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #29
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
X-Drum, me thinks.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #30
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Armada View Post
X-Drum, me thinks.
Could you elaborate at all?

What I mean is I want to have the full kit from Avatar, but select samples from the Evil Drums library.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Unread 03-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #31

-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
X-Drum tutorial video
btnation likes this.
-Nolly- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #32
Ex Whiny Bitch

Cheers

Can't believe that I didn't even think to try 'New'...

Unread 03-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #33
ss.org Regular

juliangallows is on a distinguished road
Any one mix and match kits with SD. For example I find myself using a full kit, (example) lets just say the Bully kit from the metal section. I use the whole kit, then I will open a second track, and use (example) the indie kit, from the SD presets, but i will mute the cymbals metal kit, then blend the snares, toms, and bass drum from both kits. I have had the best experience with this. It sound amazing by itself. My only concern is once I add bass, guitar, etc, could I be losing any area for mixing, more so do I stand a chance of mudding up my entire mix?
juliangallows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:33 AM   #34
tune low play slow

buddha is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by btnation View Post
Couple things.......
Superior Presets only work with there designated library. exp: Bulb=avatar, sneap=MF, allen morgen=music city

2nd;you must update your Superior drummer to 2.2.3 which is available in your toontrack account under your products, Superior Drummer 2.0

Remember presets dont just show up when you load the kit. You have to make sure you click the load/save tab and select combined presets.

If you continue to have problems or have new one's please feel free to PM me or for a faster result email support@toontrack.com
my cousin shared his superior drummer with me and i didnt pay for it.. so does this mean i have to pay for the upgrade or can i just use my orginal 2.0 and find another way to load the presets in. what steps should i take?
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #35
I'm Danny.

Cookiedude777 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m1ke View Post
Ut oh - looks like Dream Theater is going to be using Superior with Misha's presets on the next album
Really? Didnt hear this news yet. Is there a link for this interview or something that you can send me?
The Grief Hole likes this.

PROGRESSIVE METAL | ART ROCK | EXPERIMENTAL
Cookiedude777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #36
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
for all us canadians, if you are eyeing getting superior drummer and or the metal foundry expansion pack, all toon track stuff is on sale at long and mcquade

superior drummer regular $300 is on sale for $200 right now

just scooped up 2.0 and metal foundry for the price of cheaper than 2.0 at full price. woot

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #37
ss.org Regular

Stiman is on a distinguished road
300 regular price? It's 350$ on the website. I'm confused....
Stiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #38
SS.org Regular

getaway_fromme is a jewel in the rough
So I also downloaded the bulb presets....can't find them at all in combined presets. I'm running a fully updated version of SD 2.0. Anyone out there fix this same issue? Anything I'm overlooking? I installed the preset properly....
getaway_fromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #39

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Can you use Drum Superior in Logic 9 by plugging in 8th notes, 16th notes, and etc with the snares, bass drum, toms, and etc?

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #40
Just another SunBro

niffnoff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphos68 View Post
Can you use Drum Superior in Logic 9 by plugging in 8th notes, 16th notes, and etc with the snares, bass drum, toms, and etc?
Sense make no?

To answer this yeah you can pretty much write in midi notes to trigger each sample. And 100% sure you can do this in Logic

I used to be an arrow like you
But then I took a rock to the knee
Soundcloud was arrow to the knee
Facebook Music Page
niffnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #41

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niffnoff View Post
Sense make no?

To answer this yeah you can pretty much write in midi notes to trigger each sample. And 100% sure you can do this in Logic
Yes that's what I meant.

I'm sorry I can't explain it thoroughly, but is there no way to do the same thing in garageband as well?

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Unread 08-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #42
Just another SunBro

niffnoff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphos68 View Post
Yes that's what I meant.

I'm sorry I can't explain it thoroughly, but is there no way to do the same thing in garageband as well?
Asif you didn't baffle me before haha

With garageband I have little to no idea mate. Why bother though Logic is better?

I used to be an arrow like you
But then I took a rock to the knee
Soundcloud was arrow to the knee
Facebook Music Page
niffnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffnoff View Post
Asif you didn't baffle me before haha

With garageband I have little to no idea mate. Why bother though Logic is better?
Money.

Unread 08-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #44
What's a Panini?

eventhetrees is just really niceeventhetrees is just really nice
How can I make new mics for cymbals on Superior?

I'm trying to separate the cymbals in Superior. I'm using the Avatar Kit with X-Drums from Metal Foundry as Cymbals...anyway I can create new mics to assign to each cymbal so I can pan them as I'd like to?

If you have a minute please check out my most recent EP - TANUKI here:

http://www.eventhetrees.bandcamp.com

Any form of support is welcomed and appreciated

eventhetrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #45
What's a Panini?

Mixing Cymbals/Create New Microphones in Superior??

How can I make new mics for cymbals on Superior?

I'm trying to separate the cymbals in Superior. I'm using the Avatar Kit with X-Drums from Metal Foundry as Cymbals...anyway I can create new mics to assign to each cymbal so I can pan them as I'd like to?

Unread 08-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #46
Recording Studio Nub

Iheartmidgetbooty is a jewel in the rough
Right click on your separate X-Drum and On the right it should say "x-edit" or something like that. It should have a silver bar called "microphone assignment". Go into that and click in an empty space to create a new mic. You can take that mic wherever you want it, but you will have to create your x-drum mics seperately to have those new mics interact with them. You can then go into your mixer and configure channel settings (add comp,EQ,filter and so on...) , you can also separate them in the mixer by panning wherever you like. Hope that helps! I did that to add my splashes to my avatar kit and it worked for me that way.

I love teh midget booties. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, goooood.
Iheartmidgetbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #47
What's a Panini?

Hmm I'm gonna try that, cause I see the new button but it did nothing haha, I can drag things down and it didn't do anything...let's see if this works.

edit: I can only make a new "mic" if I drag something down, but then it doesn't really work at all :s

Unread 08-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #48
Recording Studio Nub

Iheartmidgetbooty is a jewel in the rough
What I mean is that you can create a mic for your x-drum and then go to mic assignment and mess with it there so that it can be placed in your mixer section. From there you can ultimately change your settings to suit your liking. You want those extra mics because you can bus them to each other and then side chain your effects to your proper ambient channel. This makes for a realistic cymbal that has tons of room and it's own room, at that. I can show you more in-depth with screenies when I get home. It's complicated but it kinda makes sense. If you importing cymbals from another set, it's going to have a tiny bit of difference in OH. You can create your own overhead by creating your X-Drums' own bus channel, that you route all your x-drums into. The trick is getting your own x-drums' mics setup, because the avatar already has tons of mics - it doesnt default them automatically in the mixer. (which sucks)

If you still need help in understanding just be specific and I'll get you around that. It's pretty tricky - took me a few hours to overcome the concept. Lol

I love teh midget booties. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, goooood.
Iheartmidgetbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #49
What's a Panini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartmidgetbooty View Post
What I mean is that you can create a mic for your x-drum and then go to mic assignment and mess with it there so that it can be placed in your mixer section. From there you can ultimately change your settings to suit your liking. You want those extra mics because you can bus them to each other and then side chain your effects to your proper ambient channel. This makes for a realistic cymbal that has tons of room and it's own room, at that. I can show you more in-depth with screenies when I get home. It's complicated but it kinda makes sense. If you importing cymbals from another set, it's going to have a tiny bit of difference in OH. You can create your own overhead by creating your X-Drums' own bus channel, that you route all your x-drums into. The trick is getting your own x-drums' mics setup, because the avatar already has tons of mics - it doesnt default them automatically in the mixer. (which sucks)

If you still need help in understanding just be specific and I'll get you around that. It's pretty tricky - took me a few hours to overcome the concept. Lol
Hmm I'm kinda getting it. Screen Shots would help, I'm using all X-Drum cymbals except for hi hats.

Unread 09-13-2011, 03:24 AM   #50
hack riffer

Chuggriffage is on a distinguished road
I'm still a noob at DAW programming, but i did discover a trick for SD2 in FL Studio. You right click a channel in the mixer on SD2 and select multi track. Then you click the gear icon in the VST window in FL Studio, click the processing tab, and then click automap outputs. That will give each channel in the SD2's mixer a corresponding channel in FL Studio. Then its all about linking all those channels into one volume channel so you have a volume control before it reaches the master channel. The other cool thing is the fact that you can link to an FX channel and drop a reverb control over said volume channel. It really makes a difference to be able to control the volume of each instrument in the kit TWICE and even provide effects before reaching the master channel.

This is my stuff. It sucks because I can't figure out how to capture sound.
http://snd.sc/oMzWUs
Chuggriffage is offline   Reply With Quote