homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
"8 String Groove" Reborn (Axe FX Ultra, Metal Foundry)

Finally got around to finishing up this song. Completely new mix and I think i like it a lot more, it's still pummeling but way more "musical". I feel like all the elements are more audibile especially the drums.

Drums are the "bleed" preset on the Superior 2.2.2 update with additional heavy mixing in Logic.

Guitars are my new Axe FX Ultra. Fryette D60M model boosted with TS-808 OD, into 4x12 V30 cabinet with the SM57 mic. I just got the Axe FX so i'm still learning but i think this tone is pretty damn good for a start.

Anyways, enjoy!

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/alexwade'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=10003863&scid=100038 63&q=hi&ext=1" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>
AlexWadeWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Well, that didn't take long.

I'll listen to it after work.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Luguta Tapping Pro~

Cynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mix is kind of ear-fatiguing.
Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
Mix is kind of ear-fatiguing.
elaborate? I'm always up for constructive criticism!
Unread 12-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
Luguta Tapping Pro~

Cynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The sound of of the bass and guitars are basically tiring out my ears.
Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
can't bend....

Necrophagist777 is just really niceNecrophagist777 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sounds sick. Try using the R121 mic, never been a fan of the 57 on the axe fx, the r121 is less fizzy and much fuller sounding imo.
Necrophagist777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist777 View Post
Sounds sick. Try using the R121 mic, never been a fan of the 57 on the axe fx, the r121 is less fizzy and much fuller sounding imo.
That's my only complaint is i feel like the guitars are a tad fizzy, i did a lowpass but still some there. I'll try a different mic next time, thanks!
Unread 12-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #8
\m/

vhmetalx is a glorious beacon of lightvhmetalx is a glorious beacon of lightvhmetalx is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I like it. The riff at 2:08 or whever it comes in is epic as hell.
Very nice!

"DUDE YOU ARE F*CKING DEAF"
"No i'm not.. I'm a musician"
vhmetalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #9
Leonardo DiShuggah

habicore_5150 is a glorious beacon of lighthabicore_5150 is a glorious beacon of lighthabicore_5150 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sick song man

i know the feeling in trying to get a good sound out of a new piece of gear after messing around with it for a minute or 2 (processors or amps)
sounds great even though you just now started using it

Chickens are Decent People - George Carlin
Someone should have gotten a screen of wen Alex raped the cat. . .chat* - Kane_Wolf

I'm offensive and I find this very offensive - Sean1242
Self-Proclaimed Metalheaded Gaming Otaku
habicore_5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Sounds groovy as .... man, much better than the last mix. I want an Axe FX
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #11
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
I also think the 57 is a bit fizzy, I tend to use the R121 for everything. That thing slays I also think the Recto and German cabs sound a bit more natural than the V30 cabs.

This sounds pretty awesome regardless though! I'll have to fool around with the Fryette a bit, I've never really used it.

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial
JohnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #12
ಠ_ಠ

Marv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to all
Sounds awesome dude
Marv Attaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

Gitte is just really niceGitte is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
I want an Axe FX
me too....

great song!!
Gitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Thanks guys!
Unread 12-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #15
ss.org Regular

I AM THE OCEAN is on a distinguished road
Awesome stuff bro, keep up the good work. Lovin' the djenty tone.
I AM THE OCEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #16
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Awesome mix man, the bass feels a bit overpowering, and the guitars don't seem to be as clear as they were in the last mix, but it definitely sounds better and amazing! Love the new stuff you got it this!

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #17
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
the drums sound really hard and overly cracking. the snare sounds gets tiring after a while because of this, and the kick drum kinda does that too. less compression over, or mix the compressed drum track with the uncompressed one (click the little drop-down menu at the bottom of the compressor plugin in logic, and you should see a mix slider. that is, if you use that compressor. if not just bus the drum out and sompress the bussed signal only.

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
the drums sound really hard and overly cracking. the snare sounds gets tiring after a while because of this, and the kick drum kinda does that too. less compression over, or mix the compressed drum track with the uncompressed one (click the little drop-down menu at the bottom of the compressor plugin in logic, and you should see a mix slider. that is, if you use that compressor. if not just bus the drum out and sompress the bussed signal only.
Thanks dude I have the overall drum comp on its own channel so I'll bring that down some, thanks!
Unread 12-16-2010, 12:40 AM   #19
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Yeah the snare feels a bit over compressed.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 04:05 AM   #20
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think Soundclick is down...

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Chickenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #21
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Complex View Post
I think Soundclick is down...
soundclick AND soundcloud has been down lately. maybe they denied songs about Julian Assange, and got DDOS attacked

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #22
can't bend....

Necrophagist777 is just really niceNecrophagist777 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Also Alex mess around with the damp setting. It really brings the life out of the amp model and makes everything sound better. I usually have mine set around 9 on all my hi gain patches. Experiment with it.
Necrophagist777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #23
LOLKATYPERRYGUY

DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Definitely take some of that high pop out of the snare, it's hurtin mah ears
DrewsifStalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #24
Pro Thread Killer

TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
yeah, not enjoying that snare, AT ALL.

the guitars sound HUGE. but may be just a bit TOO forward in the mix, the kick sounds tiny, and the snare just sounds like someone hitting a wall with a leather belt. cymbals are really washy/sizzly.

musically, it's good shit. i wanna do vocals on it.
TreWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 06:02 AM   #25
Is Encircle

AlucardXIX is just really niceAlucardXIX is just really nice
I have to agree with Drew and Tre. The snare is a bit bright, lacks body a bit. I don't know shit about the Axe FX, but the tone you have is pretty beastly right now, maybe a tiny bit fizzy like people said, but that's easily fixable.

Sick stuff dude, I say you do a solo album in the future!

It's not the end of the world...But you can see it from here.
Download my full album "Watch The Sky Fall" for free! http://encircle.bandcamp.com/
www.youtube.com/alucardxix
www.soundclick.com/alucardxix
www.soundcloud.com/alucardxix
AlucardXIX is offline   Reply With Quote