homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

TimTomTum is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LePoulin LeCto Beta!

Hey guys,

look here: Guitar Amp Modeling • View topic - Public beta testing of LeCto

Just tested it and i ve to say that i like it!

Here is a quick sample, whatever:
http://soundcloud.com/tim-17-2/lecto
(constructive criticism would be very cool)

Discuss!

regards,
tim
TimTomTum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Sir Groove-A-Lot

Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Been waiting for LePou to release this for EVAR!! Link not working

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just a ....ing lunatic" - Stephen Fry

Recording. Mixing. Mastering. ReAmping. Editing
Mattayus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

TimTomTum is a jewel in the rough
Changed from private to puplic. Should workin now!
Ya, ive been waiting long, too!
TimTomTum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
Sir Groove-A-Lot

Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.
I just heard a clip over on the Sneap boards too. That's so recto-like it's unreal haha. Best Recto sim I've ever heard, hands down

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just a ....ing lunatic" - Stephen Fry

Unread 09-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
Oh God Damnit!

Antenna is just really niceAntenna is just really nice
It sounds like dreams!
Antenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
SS.org Regular

revclay is a jewel in the rough
This plug-in sounds incredible. LePou is quite the programmer. Now that he has purchased a Mac, I am excited to start seeing some of these plug-ins for Apple products.

VIRGA
Full-length album, Fragments of Us All, out now! http://virga.bandcamp.com/
www.facebook.com/virgaband
www.youtube.com/virgaband
revclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 05:43 AM   #7
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by revclay View Post
This plug-in sounds incredible. LePou is quite the programmer. Now that he has purchased a Mac, I am excited to start seeing some of these plug-ins for Apple products.
goddammit, YES!

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 07:01 AM   #8
Is Encircle

AlucardXIX is just really niceAlucardXIX is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by revclay View Post
Good God I agree...

It's not the end of the world...But you can see it from here.
Download my full album "Watch The Sky Fall" for free! http://encircle.bandcamp.com/
www.youtube.com/alucardxix
www.soundclick.com/alucardxix
www.soundcloud.com/alucardxix
AlucardXIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #9
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Holy Baby Roger Linn! ....!!!

It's shit like this that's got me so close to .... Axe-Fx, I'm getting a D.I. and RME Fireface 400 and going all in box.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #10
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variant View Post

It's shit like this that's got me so close to .... Axe-Fx, I'm getting a D.I. and RME Fireface 400 and going all in box.
fuuuuuck!

that sounds like someone smashing glass with sledgehammers while drenched in fuel and set on fire, in a pool filled with glowing embers, in a post-apocalyptic world filled with smoke!

in other words, huge and fat and awesome sounding shit!

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #11
djent n00b

tr0n is just really nicetr0n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Woah, that has gotta be the best modelled tone I've ever heard. :O This can't come to the Mac soon enough!

All your djent are belong to me.
tr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #12
Crazy Robot Guy

Prime is a jewel in the rough
Sweet!!!
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

manana is a jewel in the rough
Heres a pretty djenty tone i cooked up in a few minutes using lecto and recabinet.
Manana - FmyF Lecto beta- Thanks Lepou! - SoundCloud
thanks lepou!

Check out my music!
Soundcloud.com/manana-1
manana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I need Mago's toanz NAO

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

who is mago?

Check out my music!
Soundcloud.com/manana-1
Unread 09-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #16
The Prog Metal Whore

feeleuphoria is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by manana View Post
who is mago?
A user on ultimate guitar who got a great tone out of the lecto lol. Thats about it as far as i know :P

www.myspace.com/cchugga - latest metal songs
www.myspace.com/youpeoplemusic - Rap side project
www.soundclick.com/mattdempsey - older recordings
feeleuphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #17
BMU
SS.org Regular

BMU has a spectacular aura about
I've been messing with the Lecto beta and Recabinet all weekend and I'm amazed at the metric f*ktonne of post-processing it takes to get useful tones out of it. Lecto -> Recabinet Mesa 4x12 is just flabby bass, nasal mids and screechy highs. TS in front tightens up the bass but that leaves the nasal an' the scratchy - the amount of EQ scalpel cutting required is just ridiculous.

So: Am I doing something way wrong, or is that how it is??

(Btw I'm not criticizing the Lecto plugin, I'm sure hooking up a real Mesa DR head straight to a computer would be pretty ugly too in its raw state. I'm actually tempted to try that with my Mesa .22 Caliber combo...but that's a different story.)

THRAEΘL
Sci-Fi prog metal from Space.
BMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMU View Post
I've been messing with the Lecto beta and Recabinet all weekend and I'm amazed at the metric f*ktonne of post-processing it takes to get useful tones out of it. Lecto -> Recabinet Mesa 4x12 is just flabby bass, nasal mids and screechy highs. TS in front tightens up the bass but that leaves the nasal an' the scratchy - the amount of EQ scalpel cutting required is just ridiculous.

(Btw I'm not criticizing the Lecto plugin, I'm sure hooking up a real Mesa DR head straight to a computer would be pretty ugly too in its raw state. I'm actually tempted to try that with my Mesa .22 Caliber combo...but that's a different story.)
with any amp sim you would need some tuning. If you go a few posts up, i posted a clip using lecto. For that i put the bass almost at 0, and the resonance is really important beacuase it takes away the flabby bass. Put that at the minimum before you lose all bass. Then i have my mids at max and high and presence at 60% about. I used recabinet ghandi with a 121 or 421 mic. Then eq out the top end using a low pass at about 7K and lower the high mids around 1.5K with a q of 2.

Check out my music!
Soundcloud.com/manana-1
Unread 09-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #19
is a nerd.

TheSilentWater is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
fuuuuuck!

that sounds like someone smashing glass with sledgehammers while drenched in fuel and set on fire, in a pool filled with glowing embers, in a post-apocalyptic world filled with smoke!

in other words, huge and fat and awesome sounding shit!
I second this post.
Just messing around with it myself right now, some great tones going on.
TheSilentWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

IconW is just really niceIconW is just really nice
Damn it seems that I can't get any good tones out from these new ampsims.
I guess I stick with my Le456.

IconW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #21
Is Encircle

AlucardXIX is just really niceAlucardXIX is just really nice
Quote:

Jesus Christ how did he do that...

It's not the end of the world...But you can see it from here.
Download my full album "Watch The Sky Fall" for free! http://encircle.bandcamp.com/
www.youtube.com/alucardxix
www.soundclick.com/alucardxix
www.soundcloud.com/alucardxix
AlucardXIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

Alexdeliverance will become famous soon enough
read mago's post cause I got really close to mago's tone, ill be posting an example pretty soon, left = one orange vintage + one red vintage (3/4 gain lotsof mids, tss in front of it, slight 2000 hz boost with the impulse link he posted, and right = orange modern + red modern with (3/4 gain lotsof mids, tss in front of it, slight 2000 hz boost and s-pres high, multiband compress the 4 tracks to get a good glue out of the 4 tracks, a bit of tube saturation and you're set! pan to your taste, but i had one left 100 % + left 50 % and right 50 % and right 100 %

its the best mesa sim i've heard yet but you have to eq it decently to get the right amount of bass so the palm mutes dont sound too muddy or edgy
Alexdeliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #23
TMM
UUDDLRLRBAStart

TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
Seems like everyone is pretty excited about this. How do you go about using the file? Just download it, then tell your DAW where to find it? Or do you need another plugin to make it work? I'm using Reaper, if that makes your explanation easier.
TMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 05:02 AM   #24
BMU
SS.org Regular

BMU has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM View Post
Seems like everyone is pretty excited about this. How do you go about using the file? Just download it, then tell your DAW where to find it? Or do you need another plugin to make it work? I'm using Reaper, if that makes your explanation easier.
Just download and treat like any VST plugin. Put the .dll in your plugins folder etc... the usual. It doesn't need anything more to work, not like impulses do for instance.

THRAEΘL
Sci-Fi prog metal from Space.
BMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 06:16 AM   #25
Sir Groove-A-Lot

I'm gonna do a quick test with this later, fo sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMU View Post

Recto's are quite notoriously difficult to engineer anyway, so a sim would yield the same attributes.

Compared to more 'saturated' amps like a 5150 or a JCM Marshall it's incredibly dry, has a really nasal (as you also noticed) low mid spike, and is generally perceived to be incredibly gritty. However, these are all things that make a recto, a recto!

Mesa's in general are quite bassy amps, and to get a tight percussive tone out of them for metal you have to run the bass really quite low. Even Petrucci runs his Mark IV (or V, or whatever the .... he has now ) on like 1, I think. So start by rolling that off a .... ton.

The flub comes from the low mids which Rectos are notorious for. Grab a multiband comp like Waves C4 and just run a narrow band from around 80hz to 250hz, just to get some control on the palm mutes.

Presence also makes a difference to the mids, not just the highs, so dial that around to get some of the upper mids and attack out. Then you should be able to get a half decent tone out of it!