homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tone test #837298 (Redwirez, Spinal Puppet, s2.0, help)

Guess who's back with a brand new r..

Uh, yeah. So I got the Redwirez IRs and I made these short clips to test them out. I made a standard tone test project where I just reamp guitars I recorded. Along with (shitty-pitch-shifted-all-....ed-up) bass guitar.

I got both Mesa and Orange cabs. SM57 placed at 1" from the cap.

Please comment! This no ninja town!

SM57:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=944762&songID=9584102

RE20:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=944762&content=songinfo&songID= 9584101

Any problems concerning the mix are welcomed as well...

Thanks.

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
derka derka!!

durangokid is a jewel in the rough
hmmm, both sound really good, but the mesa sounds better, less fizz, you should try using both, if you're double tracking, pan the mesa to one side and the orange to the other, it will sound good, i bet, but you already know that, the bass sounds ok in the mix, but the drums are a little annoying, there's too much chymbals on it, the high end side of the drums are very loud on the mix, they are even fading the click of the double bass, and the snare could use a little bit more of crack.
durangokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
SS Contributor

techjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
On the "Orange" sample, I would do a 12.8db cut on the 100hz and 6kHz frequencies (via the pod EQ). You will notice a major difference where fizz is concerned. I agree with the fact that you should use both at the same time (panned full left and right) for your tone. I am utilizing my PODX3 dual tone feature for my current tone, and I'm loving it. Try out what I suggested and let me know how it works out for you.
techjsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 04:42 AM   #4
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techjsteele View Post
On the "Orange" sample, I would do a 12.8db cut on the 100hz and 6kHz frequencies (via the pod EQ). You will notice a major difference where fizz is concerned. I agree with the fact that you should use both at the same time (panned full left and right) for your tone. I am utilizing my PODX3 dual tone feature for my current tone, and I'm loving it. Try out what I suggested and let me know how it works out for you.
I shall double track it with the mesa cab then. I'll apply these cuts on the pod EQ. As soon as I get home from college. Thanks for your time!

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
Unread 08-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
Stay Negative™

So I made all the fixes. About the drums, I had the wrong patch selected, no wonder it sounded like shit.

I applied the pre-EQ on the guitar, orange side.

We have now 2 tracks panned hard L and hard R. One mesa and one orange.

One file has the SM57 as the microphone, the other has the RE20.

What do you guys think?

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
Unread 08-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
derka derka!!

durangokid is a jewel in the rough
yeah, way better on the drums situation, and your tone is way ticker and fuller with both cabs being used, and yeah, the RE20 is the best, it gives a less djenty sound, and it's good to hear something different from the usual around here!
durangokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #7
Only plays 1 string

Valserp is a glorious beacon of lightValserp is a glorious beacon of lightValserp is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I did check those out earlier, mate
Killer tone - can't get my guitars to sound that clean for the life of me Any tips?
Valserp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #8
SS Contributor

techjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
The clips sound great. Good job!

The RE20 clip was my favorite.
techjsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 10:34 AM   #9
play me some metal!!

Cyanide Assassin is a glorious beacon of lightCyanide Assassin is a glorious beacon of lightCyanide Assassin is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
so yeah here are the two clips. on has voclas the other doesnt. thanks for letting me do this man.

SoundClick artist: Narthexian Blasphemy - page with MP3 music downloads no vocals and the bass drop is too long.

SoundClick artist: Narthexian Blasphemy - page with MP3 music downloads with vocals and shorter bass drop.

Cyanide Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
Stay Negative™

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide540 View Post
so yeah here are the two clips. on has voclas the other doesnt. thanks for letting me do this man.

SoundClick artist: Narthexian Blasphemy - page with MP3 music downloads no vocals and the bass drop is too long.

SoundClick artist: Narthexian Blasphemy - page with MP3 music downloads with vocals and shorter bass drop.
Holy shit man that was nice! That bass drop kinda clipped a bit at the end, but it's a nice add!

Also, I dig the vocals! But only for small sections, too much of that kind kinda annoys me after a while. You should mix it with low screams/gutturals or normal voice singing.

I appreciate your initiative dawg!

EDIT: Oh yeah, can I ask you what did you do exactly with the mix? I think it sounds better now! It kinda lost it's cloudiness/muddyness.. I noticed a small volume add.

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
Unread 08-31-2010, 06:28 PM   #11
play me some metal!!

Cyanide Assassin is a glorious beacon of lightCyanide Assassin is a glorious beacon of lightCyanide Assassin is a glorious beacon of light
right more I'm at work but when I get home I can take some screen shots for you of the re I used and effects I used for the beginning. Thanks for letting me mix it.i actually didn't add any volume just a little more mis and some highs.i have about three eq's on the main track.I'll try and add some gutters when I get home as well.

Unread 08-31-2010, 11:17 PM   #12
play me some metal!!

like i promised here are the screen shots of the eq's i added to the main track and the effect i used on the 3rd and fourth track(beginning)