homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #1

-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Snippet of a new Red Seas Fire track (ambient groove/S2.0 NY2 content)

Hey dudes

This is a snippet of a new Red Seas Fire idea that Pete and I have been working on over the last day or so.
Alot of the inspiration for this came from messing with the drum sounds in the New York Vol.2 expansion for Superior 2.0, I'm loving that room sound!

Check it out:

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fnolly %2Flucid"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fnolly %2Flucid" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href="http://soundcloud.com/nolly/lucid">Lucid</a> by <a href="http://soundcloud.com/nolly">NollyRSF</a></span>
-Nolly- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Luguta Tapping Pro~

Cynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to all
Very nice, Mr. Nolly. Everything sounds great!
Cynic is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

alex103188 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
How do you go about getting that roomy sound? Reverb and such?
alex103188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I am now sexually aroused.
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
Big Bear

PeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex103188 View Post
How do you go about getting that roomy sound? Reverb and such?
Edit:There's no additional reverb on the drums, what you hear there is the sound of the ambient room microphones recording the room sound, as well as the overhead mics capturing drum kit sound as a whole.
PeteyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #6

-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.
Yeah, the New York Vol.2 samples were recorded in incredible sounding live rooms, so the ambient mic tracks give you that roomy natural sound. It really didn't take much work to get those sounds going
Unread 05-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
ಠ_ಠ

Marv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to all
"This track is currently not available"
Marv Attaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv Attaxx View Post
"This track is currently not available"
Hmm, not sure why that's happening, but if you click the link words beneath it, you should be taken to the page with the clip
Unread 05-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
ಠ_ಠ

Marv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to all
Got it
Beautiful song!!
When I close my eyes it kinda makes me think that I'm on the beach, the wind's blowing through my hair and I'm watching the sunset
I'm feeling pretty relaxed now lol
Marv Attaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
ss.org Regular

Bananalyze is a jewel in the rough
When I heard the first snare hit I expected some gnarly prog-ness to start.

It's pretty. I like it!
Bananalyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
OOOAAARWWWRR

Wookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
drums sound greattt!

Randall V2 / Titan + RS412XLT100
Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen, OLP MM5 bass

http://www.soundcloud.com/wookieslayer
My Youtube channel - Gear demos and stuff
Wookieslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #12
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Loved that, great stuff boss
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 03:49 AM   #13

Cheers dudes! This opens up into a pretty heavy sequence, so it's a bit of everything I suppose
Unread 05-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #14
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Love it guys, as usual. Can't wait to see what it leads into

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #15

Thanks Alex, it gets rather heavy