homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #26
Banned

PlagueX1 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
No no I'm not saying that, I'm simply saying we need to resolve things with Korea, hopefully purely in a political way, without going to war. However, as this thread proves, they are less than inclined to listen. Hopefully it never comes to war, but Korea are a loose cannon.
Yeah, they are both stubborn in my opinion to open up to either side, the only way things would likely change is a governmental change from the North. Personally I think Korea would be a cool place to visit, if it wasn't so hostile that is.
PlagueX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #27
in love with Judas

E Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
I don't quite understand how it's unacceptable for them to do whatever the hell they want - that is exactly what the USA has been doing for 60+ years.

We are the ONLY country who was actually used nuclear weapons as an act of war - if anything we have shown that we should not be allowed to have such weapons.
"Whatever the hell they want" includes horrific human rights abuses including the use of Nazi/Stalinist-style concentration camps, where people are tortured and killed on a massive scale (Human rights in North Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), as well as subjecting their people to famine and starvation due to their forced isolation while all the wealth goes to the army and leadership - so no they shouldn't be put up with, but political measures should be used first. Another Iraq isn't the solution when the war would cause far more suffering even than that particular regime does.

As for nuclear weapons, they're a blight on the world and we came FAR too close to destroying ourselves with the damn things. Nobody should be allowed to have such weapons - but sadly they exist, and as such efforts must be taken in order to decrease their numbers and minimise the chance of their use.
E Lucevan Le Stelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #28
Parker über alles

yingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
I don't quite understand how it's unacceptable for them to do whatever the hell they want - that is exactly what the USA has been doing for 60+ years.

We are the ONLY country who was actually used nuclear weapons as an act of war - if anything we have shown that we should not be allowed to have such weapons.
Do you not realize what an absurd argument that is? We're the only nation that's used nuclear weapons as an act of war (as has already been stated, they're WEAPONS, after all) because we invented them. It's precisely because of this that we understand and respect their destructive power and seek to prevent others from using them. Back when we were the only nation with nuclear weapons, we used them twice to stop a war that had enveloped the entire world, and not since. They were not used lightly, and in all likelihood, wouldn't have been used again even if we'd remained the sole nuclear power in the world.

I'll never understand the way a lot of people view America. If we were really as terrible and barbaric and genocidal as a lot of people seem to think, we would have just dropped the bomb on the Soviet Union and called it good. If nobody else had the atomic bomb, we wouldn't use it. If somebody like North Korea were the only country with atomic bombs, do you think they'd hesitate to use them to get their ends?
yingmin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #29
in love with Judas

E Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Oh North Korea, why do you .... us about so?

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | North Korea conducts nuclear test

....s.

I killed a girl and I liked it, the taste of blood on my hatchet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJgWhW4AyT8
E Lucevan Le Stelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #30
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
6 Reasons North Korea is the Funniest Evil Dictatorship Ever | Cracked.com

Sorry, couldn't help it.
Bloody_Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #31
Sir Roger Moore, KBE

Bungle is a glorious beacon of lightBungle is a glorious beacon of lightBungle is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, I shelled out for a proper Seamaster, and I've gotta say, this knockoff looks damn close to the real deal. The only noticable differences I can see here is the glow in the dark dot on the bezel is too big and the Omega logo on the face is painted, whereas mine is stainless steel.

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #32
Captain tying knots

Andii is a glorious beacon of lightAndii is a glorious beacon of lightAndii is a glorious beacon of light
I don't take any of this seriously because they know if they shoot anything at us they will be a dust cloud within minutes.

EDIT:^^^^

How did that happen? Did he get hacked?
Andii is offline   Reply With Quote