homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
Banned

Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
McCain promises 'change' in speech to RNC

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - McCain promises ‘change’ in speech to RNC « - Blogs from CNN.com

Quote:
ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) — John McCain promises "change" in his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention Thursday, according to excerpts of the speech released by the party.

"Let me offer an advance warning to the old, big-spending, do-nothing, me-first, country second Washington crowd: Change is coming," the Republican presidential candidate says.

Republicans have been trying to lay claim during their convention to the theme of "change," a key part of Democrat Barack Obama's message, and one which appears to be resonating with voters.

"I’m very proud to have introduced our next Vice President to the country. But I can’t wait until I introduce her to Washington. And let me offer an advance warning to the old, big spending, do nothing, me first, country second Washington crowd: change is coming."

"The constant partisan rancor that stops us from solving these problems isn’t a cause, it’s a symptom. It’s what happens when people go to Washington to work for themselves and not you. Again and again, I’ve worked with members of both parties to fix problems that need to be fixed. That’s how I will govern as President. I will reach out my hand to anyone to help me get this country moving again. I have that record and the scars to prove it. Senator Obama does not."

"I fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else’s. I loved it not just for the many comforts of life here. I loved it for its decency; for its faith in the wisdom, justice and goodness of its people. I loved it because it was not just a place, but an idea, a cause worth fighting for. I was never the same again. I wasn’t my own man anymore. I was my country’s.”
does mccain have no original ideas? from bush's policies to Obama's "change" rhetoric, are you for real mccain? every election one party cries "change", and every election it never comes. now its both parties claiming "change", great. i love mccain's "change", its the same thing republicans always seem to promise, smaller government, no earmarks, control spending, until they get in office and spend their asses off. if both campaigns completely dropped the word "change" from their rhetoric, and just talked issues, i'd have more respect for both of them.

and honestly, i'm an Obama supporter, and i believe in a lot of his positions, but the change rhetoric does nothing for me. but i guess when elections are geared for the average uninformed vote, thats why we get such rhetoric.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Maybe his "change" will be to pick another VP candidate?
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Change: for when there's no nicer way to say you have an expiration date within the next four years and there will be a new nametag on the President's desk by 2012.

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
deus ex machina

atimoc is a name known to allatimoc is a name known to allatimoc is a name known to allatimoc is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hahaha, I just saw this on BBC World as well, congrats for becoming the global laughing stock:

"These songs are long and there are fast parts, so that automatically means that they're good!"
atimoc is offline   Reply With Quote