homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
Wasteman Scumbag

Jaaaaamie is just really niceJaaaaamie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Emo and Goth music banned in Russia

Emo And Goth Music Be To Banned In Russia - The Daily Rock

I wonder what they will consider to be Emo and Goth music, I'm sure you've all had your own genre battles...

Papa Burgundy would knock Chuck Norris the f.u.c.k. out
Jaaaaamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
Et tu, Brute?

Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Wow, that's bullshit. I'd love to know who decides who gets banned. I bet a good number of metal bands will be banned.
Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
in love with Judas

E Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
NOW THOSE RUSSIANS HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA! \m/
E Lucevan Le Stelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I love russia! That being said, what a horrible breach of rights...
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Lucevan Le Stelle View Post
NOW THOSE RUSSIANS HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA! \m/
No, they don't. It's an utterly deplorable idea.

I'm not a fan of the music, or the 'lifestlye', but I don't believe for one second believe it should be banned.

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
E♭M7(♭5)

TheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to all
Quote:
“The point of the bill is so that by 2020, Moscow will have someone to rule its government,” said Alexander Grishunin, an adviser to Public Chamber member Yevgeny Yuryev, one of the bill’s three coordinators. “This is the first step in the public discourse.”
Sometimes it takes something like this to remind me why I'm still greatful to live in the US.

...does anyone else think this should go in P&CE?

"Food to help some wolf that eats your ass generate enough sperm to impregnate their mate. Right there.... boom. Your energy was literally used to create a baby wolf...so in some way you are apart of the wolf.
Non of this 'ima come back as a mighty shark and rule the sea or some shit' just death as we know it. You and all your youness totally gone. But your death is totally required for the rest of existence to thrive."
-BadStarWanderer on reincarnation

Last edited by TheHandOfStone; 08-09-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Just Asking A "?" ...
TheHandOfStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 03:07 AM   #7
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
hmmm...
this will no doubt make the russian emo community very sad and angry, which in turn will make them happy, which will make them very sad and angry.

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Thrashmanzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 03:23 AM   #8
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This is bullshit

They have no right to say what someone can or can't listen to.
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 03:27 AM   #9
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
^ yeah i agree
i dont like the music, but you can't govern peoples opinions and tastes

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

budda
Unread 08-10-2008, 03:29 AM   #10
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
I like Goth stuff, I can't stand Emo, but I like the girls!
Unread 08-10-2008, 03:34 AM   #11
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp88 View Post
This is bullshit

They have no right to say what someone can or can't listen to.

I love goth and I like old emo (a lot of mid-90s emo), but even if it was country which is the only genre of music that I hate with a passion, I would be against banning it.

They have no right to do this. What is their reasoning for banning emo and goth and not other styles of music? And considering that the government oftentimes considers hip hop and rap to be "rock music," they could include any music they don't approve of into the emo or goth genres.

So, they really haven't changed at all since the days of the USSR. Now they just pretend not to be totalitarians.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 03:41 AM   #12
Arktanian Diplomat

I guess they have a problem with people dressing in black, staring at the floor, and smoking cloves
Unread 08-10-2008, 04:42 AM   #13
in love with Judas

E Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Haha, I know it's a horrible totalitarian step and all... I guess people didn't get my joke about emo sucking
E Lucevan Le Stelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #14
SS.org Regular

ogisha007 is a jewel in the rough
Honestly, emos and goths generally have a negative view on life, so I can see their intention.
However, this is definitely not the way to go. Banning it will make the whole scene deem itself more tr00 and 'underground', and more and more people will start listening to it just 'cause it's forbidden, taking more enjoyment from that single fact than the music itself, which is, let's face it, usually very repetitive and mediocre. Kudos to the few good ones.

... All that said, somehow I don't think they're gonna pass the law anyways.
ogisha007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 07:41 AM   #15
plays in 69/42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogisha007 View Post
Honestly, emos and goths generally have a negative view on life:
honestly, thats a pretty big generalisation.
thats like saying all people that listen to metal are angry

-Desecrated

budda
Unread 08-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #16
SS.org Regular

Well, I was mainly referring to the emo population. Most of the emo people I met and saw fit into the profile. Metal is a very broad genre, whereas emo is smaller. And I'm pretty sure I didn't hear much happy and uplifting emo songs, they're mainly angry/depressive/sad. That's why I tend to throw emo into the negative category.

I didn't have much contact with goths, so I wouldn't know a lot about them. Some I've seen seem fairly stuck up, though.

I guess it all depends, but once people are in a certain type of company, most of them tend to meld in.
Unread 08-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #17
Wasteman Scumbag

Jaaaaamie is just really niceJaaaaamie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashmanzac View Post
honestly, thats a pretty big generalisation.
thats like saying all people that listen to metal are angry
But we are angry

Papa Burgundy would knock Chuck Norris the f.u.c.k. out
Jaaaaamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #18
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Well, I was mainly referring to the emo population. Most of the emo people I met and saw fit into the profile. Metal is a very broad genre, whereas emo is smaller. And I'm pretty sure I didn't hear much happy and uplifting emo songs, they're mainly angry/depressive/sad. That's why I tend to throw emo into the negative category.

I didn't have much contact with goths, so I wouldn't know a lot about them. Some I've seen seem fairly stuck up, though.

I guess it all depends, but once people are in a certain type of company, most of them tend to meld in.
how is emo smaller? emo is way more marketable, and has a more mainstream fanbase from what i've seen. hence seeing all the kids in the mall in skintight jeans and band hoodies/tees.

i've heard happyish emo songs, and i've heard downright depressing metal songs.

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by budda View Post
how is emo smaller? emo is way more marketable, and has a more mainstream fanbase from what i've seen. hence seeing all the kids in the mall in skintight jeans and band hoodies/tees.
Still, I wouldn't consider it the leading genre in rock/metal. I think it depends on the territory, emo is still pretty small in my area, but it's growing rapidly, where as it seems to be huge in the USA for quite a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budda View Post
i've heard happyish emo songs, and i've heard downright depressing metal songs.
I don't know about you, but emo in general makes me more depressed than a lot of metal.
Unread 08-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #20
Et tu, Brute?

Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
^Listen to My Dying Bride
Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #21
Maximum Volumizer

nocturnous will become famous soon enough
I can't disagree more with Russia on things. I don't like either style of music, but it's not even being banned on musical merit, it's being banned for essentially religious views. I can't stand that. Crap like this is why I am pro immigration to America. Too many people around the world are being forced to obey very stupid laws and have less rights in some cases no rights because of Superstitious worldviews and Ancient mythological texts, and people who's eyes are open and want to lead a more progressive life style can come this way.

"The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition"-Carl Sagan
nocturnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

I agree with you on the religious thing. If you can't like or understand something, at least respect it and keep away from it, don't hate it and sanction it.
I respect religious people although I don't share my views with them, why can't it be vice versa? No, but metal serves the devil, we are evil, and so on...
Unread 08-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #23
Maximum Volumizer

nocturnous will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I agree with you on the religious thing. If you can't like or understand something, at least respect it and keep away from it, don't hate it and sanction it.
I respect religious people although I don't share my views with them, why can't it be vice versa? No, but metal serves the devil, we are evil, and so on...

Because essentially although some modern apologists will turn older views into more abstract ideas, or attempt to merge them. A scientific or logical standpoint does not support beliefs of any kind. Basically the typical religious person not only believes in whatever it is, but they also believe that this is the most logical standpoint and also that because science can not disprove the bigger obscure and observationally illusive claims and metaphysical experiences. That science can't know other things, because we don't know everything.

It's an absolute misunderstanding of the typical atheist viewpoint and philosophy of science , which is essentially I don't have to believe in anything. If something becomes scientifically proven then I'll accept it as a fact.

The philosophy of science is there are no absolutes, every law we have is basically the best tested and most probably prediction. Which is as good as you can ever get.

Like I have this coin in my hand every time I throw it up I know it's probably going to fall, but in order to know it and have it an absolute , science would demand me to flip it for all eternity until the end of the universe.

The whole clash and name calling comes from misunderstandings, I often get called arrogant by religious fundamentalists because I argue only the logic used. When my view point essentially is that we can't know everything and maybe god does exist but right now there is no scientific evidence to suggest the idea , and the same thing with all paranormal views.

That doesn't disprove or make anything wrong, but the ability to not prove it scientifically,certainly doesn't make it more real either.

"The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition"-Carl Sagan
nocturnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #24
ss.org Regular

Gotmer is on a distinguished road
You may call me a "paid troll", but I don't know anything about it ) This music still sounds on a music channels

База клипов : Клипы : A-ONE - Первый Альтернативный Музыкальный Телеканал

many videos of that genres, that you can order and watch on a channel

I think, this is misinformation that has to put you against Russia (damned press war!). If you don't believe me, ask some Russian people (if you want, some emo)) in ICQ
------------------------------------
Found some information about this s**t in Russian. Don't think that law will be passed. When USSR banned blues and rock, many people still listened it and played it. When punk was banned in 80-s, it didn't prevent somуbody to play and listen this music )

Last edited by Gotmer; 08-10-2008 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Gotmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #25
SS.org Regular

guitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
im sure they will still be able to sneak black metal in from Finland. That said its not the first time they tried to do these sorts of things (remember jeans, Beatles, etc from USSR era?)

anyway...

I support Russia's right to throw political prisoners who listen to Yellowcard right into jail
guitarplayerone is offline   Reply With Quote