homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Chunk of ice breaks off in Antarctica

Huge Antarctic ice chunk collapses - CNN.com

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
Ze..

oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Eat Shit. Billions of flies can't be wrong.
oompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #3
Um, yeah.....

YYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That sucks....
YYZ2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
More ice for beer!

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:49 AM   #5
Stay negative!

Korbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to all
"i should have listened!!!!"

Thats a pretty big chunk of ice to go down. I don't really know what too say, i don't believe its global warming. Could it be that the world in general has been slightly warmer than it has been in a while? Yes. But random weather cycles have been happening for like, ever lol. Just say, in 10 years, 50 years, or even 100 years, the world will probably be slightly colder all round, will it bring back a chunk of ice that big again, who knows.

I just hate the whole, Its GLOBAL WARMING!!! I am sure chunks of the antarctic have been collapsing like that every now and then since the world began (or whatever we all believe lol), just now, we have technology to see it happening when it does. Theres a whole lot to this world, and universe in general we don't know about and will likely never know, so i am not gonna jump on the global warming band wagon just yet.

Thanks for the link, still stunned at the size of the ice that collapsed.

http://soundcloud.com/korbaink7 New song on the way, added a new one a few weeks ago
Korbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #6
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korbain View Post
"Just say, in 10 years, 50 years, or even 100 years, the world will probably be slightly colder all round, will it bring back a chunk of ice that big again, who knows.
Ever seen the photos from throughout the past century on some mountains, and how muchthe snow has been disappearing? To quote Disco Stu, "If these Trends continue..."
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 03:52 AM   #7
Triad Hitman

Azyiu is a name known to allAzyiu is a name known to allAzyiu is a name known to allAzyiu is a name known to all
Quote:
Thats a pretty big chunk of ice to go down. I don't really know what too say, i don't believe its global warming. Could it be that the world in general has been slightly warmer than it has been in a while? Yes. But random weather cycles have been happening for like, ever lol. Just say, in 10 years, 50 years, or even 100 years, the world will probably be slightly colder all round, will it bring back a chunk of ice that big again, who knows.
Whether you believe in Global Warming or not, the fact is global climate has been very unstable, especially in the past 10 years. We kind of know why that happened, but sadly we have no quick fix for that... even if it is just a random cycle like you said, I think this current cycle is unusually longer than acceptable...

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Azyiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:26 AM   #8
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
*sigh*

Global climate change is a natural fact of living on planet Earth. Yes.

But at issue is the RATE of change. Which, if the scientific consensus is to be believed (Yeah, those scientists don't know shit. Just eat donuts all day, right? ), is according to past data, greatly accelerating compared to past rates of change. (In this case, specifically global temperature rise.)

http://www.wolf.org
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:03 AM   #9
you fail me

forelander is just really niceforelander is just really nice
Korbain, on what are you basing your reservations? Just out of curiosity, since you're so skeptical I assume you have fairly significant reasons for thinking a ....ing massive chunk of ice falling off the antarctic isn't a sign of global warming. There are also ways to gain insight to how the world was through various periods, and everything (grain of salt) says what's happening currently is abnormal.

Jetzt liegst du hier, ganz regungslos, in meiner hand und meinem schoß, du bist so kalt...
forelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf View Post
*sigh*

Global climate change is a natural fact of living on planet Earth. Yes.

But at issue is the RATE of change. Which, if the scientific consensus is to be believed (Yeah, those scientists don't know shit. Just eat donuts all day, right? ), is according to past data, greatly accelerating compared to past rates of change. (In this case, specifically global temperature rise.)
i had a donut this morning

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
Stay negative!

Korbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by forelander View Post
Korbain, on what are you basing your reservations? Just out of curiosity, since you're so skeptical I assume you have fairly significant reasons for thinking a ....ing massive chunk of ice falling off the antarctic isn't a sign of global warming. There are also ways to gain insight to how the world was through various periods, and everything (grain of salt) says what's happening currently is abnormal.
Oh i believe the weather at the moment is abnormal. Don't get me wrong. I just can't agree with the conclusion its global warming. I just believe heat patterns shift, as do cold ones. Theres just so much shit unkown out there about how stuff works, including the weather, i just can't fully agree with global warming at the moment. I ain't really out to argue or disprove global warming, just, from what i know, i don't think its really affecting the Earth at this moment, and if it is, its not as much as its being made out to be.

For the past few years, where i live its been some of the coldest summers in about 50 years. But then occassionally, we've had hot days, some of the equally hottest in 50 odd years, would i say thats global warming? Or just a random weather cycle. In the end, man is destroying the atmosphere, no doubt. If this world is still around in another 100 years, we may see the effects of global warming a bit more, so i'd think, or we may not.

In the end, there is no REAL, solid proof, global warming is happening. Just little theories, a chunk off ice falling into the ocean in the Antarctic, just doesn't convince me its global warming. Anyways, i've said enough lol. Thats my opinion on it. With the way things are going, will this world even be around long enough for global warming to really .... us up? lol thats my question!

http://soundcloud.com/korbaink7 New song on the way, added a new one a few weeks ago
Unread 03-27-2008, 02:30 AM   #12
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Are you practicing for a job as an oil or coal industry spokesman, or are you really that stupid? A whole lot of scientists a lot smarter than you have concluded that all the hydrocarbon emissions we are pouring into our atmosphere is taking its toll. They have plenty of evidence to back up this fact, and I'd argue that it is a whole lot more convincing than your hunches. It is unfortunate that our planet is filled with people who think the way you do: the Earth is the center of the universe because the Bible says so, no one will ever need more than 640K of RAM, silly Wright brothers, man will never fly, kill off all those buffalo won't have a negative effect, and if we don't stop communism in Vietnam, it will take over the whole ....ing world!

"Just from what I know" is the same as "I'm going to make a wild guess, based upon my extremely limited and inextensive experience", "I just believe that" is the same as "I cannot be bothered with facts that don't support my preconceived notion of things", and "there is no real, solid proof" is just another ....ing line from Faux News. You don't know enough, science is based upon observations and NOT beliefs, and all the proof you require is one Google search away, if you'd but educate yourself a bit before posting.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #13
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
global warming is just a theory, sure. just like the theory of gravity

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #14
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Global Warming is real. It's been denied for years by people who, quite frankly, get a lot of money from purveyors of carbon based fuels (coal, oil). Increases in air travel and budget airlines haven't helped. Everyone needing to own a car doesn't help, flying produce in from different countries just so you can have strawberries all year round doesn't help. You name it.

Fact is, we are putting a load of gasses into a limited amount of airspace that is planet earth's atmosphere, and these WILL have an effect on the chemical make up, how much heat i9s retained by the earth (basically how much the earth can act as a greenhouse would, basically, adding in certain gasses will increase the efficiency)

And, us burning the shit out of resources, basically means we are accelerating any natural change.

Result? Bye bye major cities near sea level, parts of countries, more extreme weather cycles, you name it.

Ands science does not base conclusions on beliefs or hunches. Nor on opinions.

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:59 AM   #15
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
And having a hunch it's not real, or not believing it, is basically a syndrome of refusing to acknowledge that a large worldwide disaster is looming, but yet, as humans and different countries, we will bicker about the solution trying to gain an advantage over each other, and then suddenly realise that the solution we bickered about has come too late.

I wonder how much good all that oil money is going to be when you can't spend it...

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #16
Stay negative!

lol oh here we go the neg rep. Thanks noodles. Sorry i disagree with you and believe global warming is being very over exaggerated at the moment, when really we won't even begin to see the effects any time in the near future, or distant lol. Its sad everyone here can debate the topic with me maturely, yet you decide to call me stupid and tell me i need to educate myself? By a post a make you can judge me. Dude, your a cool bloke (from what i gather knowing you online), but get over yourself a bit ay. I didn't come here to put shit on anyone, i was putting my opinion out, sorry. I'll leave it that.

Unread 03-27-2008, 09:45 AM   #17
Icnomptenent

arktan is a glorious beacon of lightarktan is a glorious beacon of lightarktan is a glorious beacon of light
Well, that global warming thing can also be brought down on the lack of pirates. Yes, pirates. Since the 1800s we have decreased the number of them and we got continously growing temperatures.....

Just statistics! Or better, statistics are just lies. They never show the truth, only approximations in the best of cases...

I personally think that the whole global warming thing is not exagerated but i still know that there is a good probability that i'm wrong. Dammit, in the middle ages we burned women because everyone thought that they were witches! Were we right? You have to be cautious when jumping on a full train...

NEVER believe the shit they give
who are they?
well you know, it's them. They are they....
and?
They killed Kenny!
Bastards!

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.” - Plato
arktan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #18
ss.org Regular

Blackrg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
no doubt something very bad is going on with the climate

I used to think it was the carbon thing, caused by humans

Then I saw this documentary

Now Im less sure

Yes, this doco has been criticised

However, when you think about it, the whole carbon credits global warming thing works greatly in the favour of:

the nuclear industry, who get green light for massive new powerstations (UK)

banks - who get to trade some new (carbon) futures (EU)

the military/high tech sector, who get state handouts for research (USA)

scientists, who get funding for any research as long as it includes the word 'carbon'

local politicians who need excuses to increase taxes (LONDON)

radical greens, who have no agenda unless the planet is on the brink of disaster (All Over)

I think Peak oil is much much more of a worry in terms of effects on society

Interesting story here - is loss of sea ice in antarctic because of volcanic activity>? Antarctic’s PIG Threatening Sea Levels at ‘Somerset’ Bob’s Place
Blackrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #19
President / RHLC ©

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Imho, wether the climate changes are because of us humans or not, one thing remains : we absolutely need to change our living habits. We ARE using the planet as a garbage can, it's a fact. If a climate change theory (true or not) helps to bring awareness to the world, then let's use it as a way to change the way people think. Unfortunately, apocalyptic scenarios are the only way to wake some people up.

Become one of us or die, ....ers. / Rick

RIP Garcia3441
playstopause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #20
look at each other..

Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
lol oh here we go the neg rep. Thanks noodles. Sorry i disagree with you and believe global warming is being very over exaggerated at the moment, when really we won't even begin to see the effects any time in the near future, or distant lol. Its sad everyone here can debate the topic with me maturely, yet you decide to call me stupid and tell me i need to educate myself? By a post a make you can judge me. Dude, your a cool bloke (from what i gather knowing you online), but get over yourself a bit ay. I didn't come here to put shit on anyone, i was putting my opinion out, sorry. I'll leave it that.
The thing is his post wasn't opinionated, it was factual Even if you are right and we won't see the effects of global warming for a lilttle while, why wait t'ill something really bad happens before trying to fix it? Fix it now to prevent any sort of disaster.

Unknown Doodl3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #21
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Dude, you're coming into this thread and just casually laughing off global warming as a myth. You want something you can't prove? Read the Bible. I'm just sick of watching the planet, that I just happen to live on, slowly made more and more uninhabitable by people, like you, who thinks nothing is going wrong. You're not using anything more than your feelings and beliefs to back up your argument, and this view of "over exaggeration" and "no effects in the near future" is extremely shortsighted. That attitude is tantamount to saying, "I don't give a .... what kind of world I leave behind my grandchildren and their grandchildren."

Do you have a degree in climatology? How about chemistry? Do you happen to be studying global weather systems or the long terms effects of hydrocarbon emissions on atmospheric temperatures? I am sorry if you think I'm coming down on you too hard, but when someone starts discounting the mountains of scientific data, and a whole community of scientists who have been working on this for decades, then I get pretty pissed off. Do you go around questioning the aerospace engineers that make airplanes fly? I bet you would if airplanes flying was incredibly inconvenient.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #22
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Interesting article on this same event:

Global warming cleared on ice shelf collapse rap | The Register

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #23
Ze..

oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.
^ well clearly he is an idiot for saying its not global warming. also, can you prove it wasn't global warming? no you can't so it still is!..

im not convinced about global warming is being caused by humans either, but i dont disagree with it either. im not against the idea, or for it. its another unproven theory to me. comparing it to gravity is rediculous, gravity can be proved by anyone smart enough to understand what gravity is or simply by taking a dump, that is not even remotely true with human caused gw.

what creeps me out is that many people who are convinced of a human caused global warming are so ignorant to any opposing idea that behave more like brainwashed sect members than regular thinking people, not caring to give it any doubt at all. an iceshelf breaking. if that british dude never wrote that article, that iceshelf would be enough to convert another million people into being perfectly 100% ....ing sure, bet their head on it. seriously, isn't that creepy?

i wish i could prove this in any way, but i am rediculously sure that almost everyone in here who read that article simply thought -human caused global warming.- and then didnt give another milisecond of their time considering what made the iceshelf break loose, and keept reading. pretty creepy. as if hc global warming was the only reason iceshelves break off? if you think rationally? NO for gods sake. start thinking again

what i am getting at is that while in fact that british dude's survey source could actually be wrong, admit to yourselves that your mind assured you it was hc global warming in a second and that's that regarding how it happened.

as i wrote, i am not against the theory of hcgw, i am just creeped out over how regular critical thinking is suddenly stupid. people who argue that "either way it is better to take action" - i couldn't agree more. i'm really for any idea's to reduce co2, i'm an environmentalist in mind and action, and support every single idea to take care of our planet. but it has nothing to do with humans causing global warming or not, cus even if it only has benefits to me, everyone i know and this planet as a whole, its still not convincing enough for me to believe in it - yet.

also, what playstoppause said is

Unread 03-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #24
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
The global warming scientific model has predicted temperatures and their consequences. We have already seen that the model has been accurate for some years now.

Ask what the cause is of this phenomenon, and 5 people will give 6 answers. Is it heat pollution from factories, CO2 pollution from use of hydrocarbons, is it microwaves from cell phones, is it sunspot activity?

Well, there is a physical science called "thermodynamics" that has lead us to the development of the steam engine, gasoline engine, solar power, etc. Using the laws of this science, which have withstood the test of time, we can narrow down the causes to a list of very good possibilities, all of which are due to the activity of humans.

If you wish to discount this theory, please be my guest, but don't go saying you have discounted it without backing yourself up with at least one hard fact, or else you won't convince anyone.

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #25
Ze..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostjan View Post
The global warming scientific model has predicted temperatures and their consequences. We have already seen that the model has been accurate for some years now.

Ask what the cause is of this phenomenon, and 5 people will give 6 answers. Is it heat pollution from factories, CO2 pollution from use of hydrocarbons, is it microwaves from cell phones, is it sunspot activity?

Well, there is a physical science called "thermodynamics" that has lead us to the development of the steam engine, gasoline engine, solar power, etc. Using the laws of this science, which have withstood the test of time, we can narrow down the causes to a list of very good possibilities, all of which are due to the activity of humans.

If you wish to discount this theory, please be my guest, but don't go saying you have discounted it without backing yourself up with at least one hard fact, or else you won't convince anyone.
im not trying to convince anyone with anything, since i dont have any opinion i just want people to stop and think again for a second, and if they are really convinced, it wont be any problem for them either.

and you see, you throw thermodynamics at me, i know very well how thermodynamics work. i read about it in school like everyone else. it's the "they say", "a list of", "we can", "good possiblities", to make it solid that i want to bring out for a second.

again, you can be right, nothing says you're not. if you are ruling out that you can be wrong, it is scary. i dont discount that theory, its a very interresting one, i think it is likely that it is because of that, and you're far from the first to present it to me i dont disagree, and i am not here to argue against your arguments, i just want you to give a quick thought to how much you argue against your arguments.