homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
Seven String Slinger

SevenatoR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Iranian man sentenced to hang for drinking alcohol...

Hooray for Islamic sharia law....

Iranian faces execution for drinking alcohol -- report - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos
SevenatoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
....ing dumbass country...
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Now that's one hangover there's NO cure for!

<-- going to hell
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
Aye.

Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^

POOF!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
Now that's one hangover there's NO cure for!

<-- going to hell
Nah, you just won't get your 72 virgins. This is pretty dumb, but you have to think, if enough people didn't want to live under tyranny like this, there would be a revolution
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
The usual punishment for a single drinking offence is 80 lashes, according to Iran's penal code which is based in Islamic sharia law.
What a completely ....ed up country and religion.

Quote:
Only recognized Christian minorities in Iran, such as the Armenians, are allowed to produce and consume alcohol, discreetly and behind closed doors in order not to offend Islamic sensibilities.
What you meant to say was, "so as to not demonstrate to everyone in the country how stupid your religion is".

I don't get Arab Muslim countries. Are they frustrated that they missed out on the European middle ages? Why don't they just have an inquisition and get it over with?

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #7
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
but you have to think, if enough people didn't want to live under tyranny like this, there would be a revolution

But then again, they could also be scared...

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
I'm sure people are terrified of the government in any country where revolutions happen, that's kind of the point. I feel bad for the dude, going to die because he likes to get his drink on, I was just thinking out loud. And even when you factor in the religious aspect, the church usually supported the ruling person in the old days, so I don't even know if it's the whole "Allah will .... me up if we ditch these assholes" mentality causing it. Maybe if we leave them alone long enough they WILL revolt, who knows.
Unread 02-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #9
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
I'm sure people are terrified of the government in any country where revolutions happen, that's kind of the point. I feel bad for the dude, going to die because he likes to get his drink on, I was just thinking out loud. And even when you factor in the religious aspect, the church usually supported the ruling person in the old days, so I don't even know if it's the whole "Allah will .... me up if we ditch these assholes" mentality causing it. Maybe if we leave them alone long enough they WILL revolt, who knows.
Time will tell, but they have had a few thousand years to think about it, maybe it's well overdue. I think it's symbolic, as if rebelling was in insult to god, because it's sort of a disobedience. They are living by their "holy book" afterall.

Not that it makes it right, but to them, that's how they are.

...And it's ....in' stupid

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #10
Not so local lefty

Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't understand why 72 virgins would be a good thing, lots of pain, awkward sex and tears.

I R LEFTY!

Left-handers come visit!
http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #11
Pantysniffing zombie

It's a lot better when they're crying.
Unread 02-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
ss.org Regular

Summers45 will become famous soon enough
Exactly... 72 extremely experienced housewives would do the trick nicely and possibly justify blowing yourself up. Virgins? Naaaaah....

Heavenly Virgin: Put the what in the where now?
Suicide bomber: ......... This blows (I swear to god people, pun NOT intended)

I pity people living in Iran. Something needs to be done about that shithole.
Summers45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #13
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summers45 View Post
I pity people living in Iran. Something needs to be done about that shithole.
Me too, but look what happened last time another country's ruler tried to come in show them the love of jesus. It'd be like trying to make Ohio an islamic state. it just wouldn't fly AT ALL.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #14
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
too bad all the iranians dont drink booze, then we could wipe out the country in one fell swoop
I actually think that for the most part, the iranians seem like a decent people, its just their representatives and leaders that make the country come off as a bunch of crack pots(that they didnt even get to elect i dont think)

Confront and Destroy!
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #15
Ze..

oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Strings of Hate View Post
I actually think that for the most part, the iranians seem like a decent people, its just their representatives and leaders that make the country come off as a bunch of crack pots
hmm.. familiar

*oompa does not think americans are crack pots, but their represenatives and leaders has a history full of fail*

Eat Shit. Billions of flies can't be wrong.
oompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #16
ss.org Regular

999dead666 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
What a completely ....ed up country and religion.

What you meant to say was, "so as to not demonstrate to everyone in the country how stupid your religion is".

I don't get Arab Muslim countries. Are they frustrated that they missed out on the European middle ages? Why don't they just have an inquisition and get it over with?
you know, iranians are persians not arabs, and they follow the shia not sunni which most of arabs follows, its like protestant and catholics. and by the way no death sentance for drinking alcohol in islam, i dont know from where the .... they brought this shit. any way im tipsy right now and playing exodus
999dead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #17
Djavli te ponesli

El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
George Bush needs to liberate them.

/sarcasm

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
El Caco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #18
ss.org Regular

999dead666 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7eve View Post
George Bush needs to liberate them.

/sarcasm

they should liberate them selfs by them selfs
999dead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #19
Djavli te ponesli

El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
El Caco is offline   Reply With Quote