homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Katrina victim sues U.S. for $3 quadrillion

Katrina victim sues U.S. for $3 quadrillion - U.S. business - MSNBC.com

Well at least they're being reasonable.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
SS Contributor

Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't think the world GDP is anywhere near 3 quadrillion. If anybody had 3 quadrillion, it'd destabilize the economy with massive inflation, that's such a huge number.

Whether it's laughable or irrational, this is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our own hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!
Who the hell do you think we are?
Jongpil Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
wow impossible
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #4
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
LOL I didn't know many people knew that was actually a number

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #5
ugly

furyinternal is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
"That's the mother of all high numbers"
No shit.
furyinternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-EJ915 View Post
LOL I didn't know many people knew that was actually a number
They probably didn't, but their lawyers sure did!
HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #7
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Hey dude, can I borrow $5?

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #8
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate

It's actually ricockulous, since a lot of those people have legitimate grounds for at least legal discussion.

But $3 Quadrillion?

http://www.wolf.org
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
that's like suing someone for breathing your air

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #10
mermaidunicornnymph

Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.
LMAO
Sounds like something I would do, because everyone knows that you have to sue for more than you want, becuase you normally end up with less than what you originally sue for , lol, so, he prolly thought "shit I'll just ask for all the money in the world, and maybe I'll get a few million".....quite logical thinking really....

"Dahling, you are made of Win!"-ZeroSignal

"Wonderfull, I just misspelled 2 different languages in the same sentnce, that has to be a record."-Desecrated

"...then a giraffe hid behind the cabbage and the car fermented itself into a polar bear and now I don't know where my keys are."-Desecrated

"True my son, follow the teachings of the white goat and the holy land will come to you."-Desecrated
Nerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #11
I SS.org Salute You!

BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.
What?! You think it's too much?!
BigM555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
"I'm suing you for 10^96 dollars." "Why don't you just ask for a google of dollars?" "Yeah." "Jane, don't stop there. I believe you have a good enough case that you could get a googleplex of dollars." "I was originally thinking of just asking for 3 quadrillion dollars, but I believe you're right."

This just sounds like something a kid would say. "Oh yeah!? Well, I'm suing you for four quaxtwillbion dollars!!"
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #13
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren View Post
you could get a googleplex of dollars.
Now that's a number I didn't think many people knew existed, though I think it's actually spelled googolplex. I never have the opportunity to use that word, though. Heh.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #14
mermaidunicornnymph

Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.
^i heard google was named after that, like ie it has like a HUGE amount of data......prolly wrong lol

"Dahling, you are made of Win!"-ZeroSignal

"Wonderfull, I just misspelled 2 different languages in the same sentnce, that has to be a record."-Desecrated

"...then a giraffe hid behind the cabbage and the car fermented itself into a polar bear and now I don't know where my keys are."-Desecrated

"True my son, follow the teachings of the white goat and the holy land will come to you."-Desecrated
Nerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #15
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerina View Post
^i heard google was named after that, like ie it has like a HUGE amount of data......prolly wrong lol
That would make sense, and that's kind of what I had figured anyway, as a googol of anything is a lot.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #16
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerina View Post
"Google.com" was named after a googol, which is a 1 followed by one hundred zeros (in scientific notation: 10^100). The technical word for a googol is ten duotrigintillion (sounds like a joke, right?).

A googolplex is a 1 followed by a googol of zeros (written in scientific notation as 10^10^100. Yeah, that's pretty insane).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAwesome View Post
Now that's a number I didn't think many people knew existed, though I think it's actually spelled googolplex. I never have the opportunity to use that word, though. Heh.
True, it's actually spelled "googol" and not "google" and "googolplex" and not "googleplex." Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: For an idea of how ridiculously big a googolplex is, check this out: Googolplex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia notes: "One googol is greater than the number of elementary particles in the observable universe, which has been variously estimated from 10^79 up to 10^85. Since a googolplex is one followed by a googol zeroes, it would not be possible to write down or store a googolplex in decimal notation, even if all the matter in the known universe were converted into paper and ink or disk drives."

Last edited by Naren; 01-09-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #17
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I think we should sue this dumbshit for wasting space on a news page.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote