homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Iowa

Any projections? I've got my fingers crossed that that last poll holds true, and we come out of this Obama, Edwards, and then Clinton.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Personally, I rather see it go Edwards, Obama, Clinton, but what is really going to happen is (Clinton,Obama), Edwards.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'd rather see Edwards win it all too bro, but I don't think he's got enough national support to carry the nomination. Obama, meanwhile, could probably leverage a win tonight into a realistic bid.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My guess is either Edwards or Obama. Kucinich already told his supporters that if they can't get the 15% necessary to caucus then to support Obama. So I lean ever so slightly towards Obama.

Huckabee should win the on the GOP side.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edwards/Ron Paul.

This is what I hope for. Then we'll have a decent shot on either side.

http://www.wolf.org
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #6
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i'm curious to know how much of an effect Iowa will have on New Hampshire.

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 06:53 PM   #7
ss.org Regular

lordofthesewers can only hope to improve
Obama and Biden on the dem side
the GOP can kill itself.
lordofthesewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #8

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthesewers View Post
Obama and Biden on the dem side
the GOP can kill itself.
i don't know how, but i think Huckabee would be as bad as Bush, if not worse, and i don't really know anything about Romney, but i don't think McCain would make a bad president. i'd rather Edwards get the job, but if it goes to McCain, i'll support that

Unread 01-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
Tone Whore

garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.
I'm kinda hoping for Biden and then Dodd. But I really don't think either has a snowball's chance in hell.

"Im sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth. "
John Lennon
garcia3441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #10
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Bound is a name known to allBound is a name known to allBound is a name known to allBound is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I'd rather see Edwards win it all too bro, but I don't think he's got enough national support to carry the nomination. Obama, meanwhile, could probably leverage a win tonight into a realistic bid.

The problem with Edwards right now is he picked the year a woman and a black man decided to run for president. So instead of the democrats actually offering some substance we're lost in the Clinton(again) vs Blackman spectacle.....

It's too bad, because Edwards actually has some great policies, rather than a silver tongue and empty slogans(obama) or the Clinton again campaign....

Otherwise I'd think he might have a legitamate chance, but not this year, sadly.

and Leon, all you need to know about Mitt Romney is he absolutely destroyed the state of Mass. He killed our education, he botched the big dig, he ....ed up our health care.... the guy is a grade A moron.

my mother.... she never loved me. She always says she wishes shes was a raped by someone else ~Borat
Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound View Post
and Leon, all you need to know about Mitt Romney is he absolutely destroyed the state of Mass. He killed our education, he botched the big dig, he ....ed up our health care.... the guy is a grade A moron.

i generally find myself liking Kucinich, but then i remember how ....ing dried up and run down Cleveland has become in recent years

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
ss.org Regular

lordofthesewers can only hope to improve
I'm glad Obama won. I take him over Edwards any day. Edwards is all populism and hatred of companies.
lordofthesewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #13
Laurite Imp

Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.
I will kill someone, possibly myself, if I ever have to say "President Huckabee."

That sounds like a southern restaurant chain, for crying out loud! Come on down to President Huckabees for the oddest goddamned old fashioned meal you'll ever have!

:headshot:
Abhorred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #14
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
Nevermind the fact that he's a bloody loon, his name sounds silly.

Wow, US politics really *are* a joke...

All things aside, if it comes down to Obama/Huckabee I have to say my money is on Obama. Not many things can make me like Obama... but comparison to Huckabee is one of them.

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #15
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
I would say Iowa held to predictions. Now there will be a few more primaries and such and it will be interesting to see what happens. Giuliani finished 6th. He's supposed to be banking on Fla. I have an inkling he's toast.
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #16
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthesewers View Post
I'm glad Obama won. I take him over Edwards any day. Edwards is all populism and hatred of companies.
I fail to see the problem with that.

Obama - let's consult the insurance companies to craft health care legislation! Yeah, like the insurance companies really care about people. Sure.

http://www.wolf.org
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #17
Lee
Above

Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.
It'll be interesting to see what happens on Tuesday when the Evangelicals aren't carrying Huckabee. I would've rather seen Edwards come out on top, but I can live with Obama as well.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:37 PM   #18
Laurite Imp

Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBroll View Post
Nevermind the fact that he's a bloody loon, his name sounds silly.
I can't even begin to comprehend the depth of his God fearing insanity, so I figure it's easier to pick on his name.

Heaven help us.
Abhorred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #19
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthesewers
Edwards is all populism and hatred of companies.
Of course this is why I find myself agreeing with him so much. Since I'm a populist trust busting mofo.

[action=ohio_eric] speaks softly but carries one hell of a big stick[/action]
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #20
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Considering the speech he gave after he was announced the winner, I don't see him NOT winning in New Hampshire. He just set the tone for the next three primaries in one very brilliantly executed speech. It has been a while since we saw a candidate talk so boldly and passionately.

I just hope he means what he says. I like Edwards, but I don't see much hope for him beyond Vice President. I think the fat lady is warming up backstage to sing Clinton's swan song. She is going to be hard pressed to win next week.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 01-04-2008, 03:05 AM   #21
Vince is X!!!

Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
I think the fat lady is warming up backstage to sing Clinton's swan song.

Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 03:29 AM   #22
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
In a parfect world, Obama would beam up Kucinich as a running partner against GOP nominee Ron Paul, but I guess watching Obama wipe the floor with Huckabee will be entertaining enough...

Can someone explain to me what that Democrat caucous red-rover bullshit is all about? My brain hurts
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #23
SS.org Regular

Vegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Shouldnt that be SWALLOW song not a SWAN song

this space for rent
Vegetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:19 AM   #24
Ze..

oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.
ive followed this with interrest, but can someone explain to me shortly how this pre-elections thingy works? i know there will be one more in new hampshire, but when and will they go through all states? and then count the total or what? and isnt this only the democrats election of thier.. um.. democrat representative in the real elections come fall?

thanks /oompa

edit: please dont link some website with a 40 page explanation, i want the "election for dummies" version

Eat Shit. Billions of flies can't be wrong.
oompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #25
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Zing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetta View Post
Shouldnt that be SWALLOW song not a SWAN song
And zing again!

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com