homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-27-2007, 07:49 AM   #1
Go Auckland Blues!

-K4G- is a glorious beacon of light-K4G- is a glorious beacon of light-K4G- is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Breaking News: Benazir Bhutto Dead!

Just saw it in the news. Will post link soon.

Pakistan's Bhutto killed by bombing - Yahoo! News

Purple Guitars Lover.

"Let me put Meshuggah's heaviness into perspective for you. Periphery's music is like having life altering sex with the hottest girl you've ever seen, their music IS that stimulating. Meshuggah's music is like being strapped to a chair, unable to move with your eyes taped open, and watching your entire family get run over by a tank, their music IS that powerful." - Some dude at youtube.

Last edited by -K4G-; 12-27-2007 at 07:50 AM. Reason: found link
-K4G- is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #2
Laurite Imp

Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.Abhorred is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh shit, no. That's going to destabilize the entire region, and with Pakistan you really don't want that.

So much for lifting the state of emergency.
Abhorred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Oh shit. Pakistan is already on the verge of collapse. This will not help. The truly scary thing is Pakistan has nukes. In so far as nuclear threats go they make Iran and N Korea combined look Switzerland.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Not cool. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out... my guess is that things are going to get REALLY tense for a little while.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #5
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Goddamn.... I'm SO glad I'm not in India right now.

I know I'm not getting the full picture here, but she seemed like she was bringing to the table a genuine desire for reform and diplomatic progress... This is a huge loss for that region...

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #6
President / RHLC İ

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That's bad.

Really bad.

Become one of us or die, ....ers. / Rick

RIP Garcia3441
playstopause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:53 AM   #7
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
i just read this on comcast.net....

While this is horrible, my first reaction was "A woman is allowed to do that in pakistan???"

Looks like things abroad just got a little more tense.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 01:15 PM   #8
Tone Whore

garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.
Slain Bhutto's supporters take anger to the streets - Yahoo! News

"Im sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth. "
John Lennon
garcia3441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #9
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
That is not good at all. Pakistan is going to go straight to Hell before it ever gets better.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #10
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Oh ....ing great...

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #11
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Ok...

What the .... is wrong with these people??? Seriously...

Do they go on rampages, setting things on fire, breaking windows, everytime they break a nail or something? I mean, I understand being upset by the violence that killed the person they admired... Now they're stooping down to his level too? They're no better than the person who killed Bhutto if they feel the need to torch everything in sight. ....ing ignorant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_eric View Post
That is not good at all. Pakistan is going to go straight to Hell before it ever gets better.
And the citizens aren't helping at all.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 12-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #12
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissing View Post
Ok...

What the .... is wrong with these people??? Seriously...

Do they go on rampages, setting things on fire, breaking windows, everytime they break a nail or something? I mean, I understand being upset by the violence that killed the person they admired... Now they're stooping down to his level too? They're no better than the person who killed Bhutto if they feel the need to torch everything in sight. ....ing ignorant...

And the citizens aren't helping at all.
Look at it from their perspective - an opposition leader was assasinated, and dimes to dollars the ruling party was involved, implicitly or explicitly.

Taking to the streets to protest/fight against the government strikes me as sort of reasonable, especially after Musharraf just tried to take military control of the state in the name of saving it. I mean, put it this way. Say Obama wins the Dem nomination and is in good shape for the presidency. Suddenly, he's assasinated, and W. declares marshall law, and suspends the coming election in the name of political stability. Would taking to the streets against the Bush administration be understandable here?

This is going to get WAY uglier than this unless the ruling party takes steps to reconcile with rather than quell the opposition parties.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

Unread 12-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #13
ss.org Regular

lordofthesewers can only hope to improve
I'm sorry that she got killed. Kudos to her for being a woman leader in a Muslim nation. However, she asked for it. After a few failed assasination attempts she should have known better not to go outside without a shitload of security and especially stick her head out the soon roof.

Many people in America view here as a hero of democracy, but they should also remember how corrupt she was before Musharaff took over in 99. Her government is considered the most corrupt one in the history of Pakistan.... just throwing that out
lordofthesewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #14
Lucky☆Seven

Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.Lucky Seven is deemed true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthesewers View Post
Many people in America view here as a hero of democracy, but they should also remember how corrupt she was before Musharaff took over in 99.
Elaborate please, I'm not too familiar with her.
Lucky Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #15
ss.org Regular

999dead666 is a jewel in the rough
i just read in american/arabic news paper that a sniper shot was found in her neck, and if its proved,it means that musharaf is involved of her death.
999dead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #16
Tone Whore

garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Many people in America view here as a hero of democracy, but they should also remember how corrupt she was before Musharaff took over in 99. Her government is considered the most corrupt one in the history of Pakistan.... just throwing that out
Benazir Bhutto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The criticism against Bhutto came largely from the Punjabi elites and powerful landlord families who opposed Bhutto as she pushed Pakistan into nationalist reform, opposing feudals, whom she blamed for the destabilization of Pakistan.
Quote:
Bhutto maintained that the charges leveled against her and her husband were purely political.[16][17] "Most of those documents are fabricated," she said, "and the stories that have been spun around them are absolutely wrong." An Auditor General of Pakistan (AGP) report supports Bhutto's claim. It presents information suggesting that Benazir Bhutto was ousted from power in 1990 as a result of a witch hunt approved by then-president Ghulam Ishaq Khan. The AGP report says Khan illegally paid legal advisers 28 million Rupees to file 19 corruption cases against Bhutto and her husband in 1990-92.[18]

All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth. "
John Lennon
Unread 12-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

lordofthesewers can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcia3441 View Post
i don't believe wikipedia, give me a different source please.
But those charges might have been fake, but they are worth taking in to consideration.
lordofthesewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #18
Tone Whore

Quote:
But those charges might have been fake, but they are worth taking in to consideration.
India eNews - The Bhutto saga takes a new turn

*Referenced at the end of the article.

All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth. "
John Lennon
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:16 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

Vegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud of
Attention India DUCK AND COVER.

I dont think (hope) they wont use their nukes - they would really be setting themselves up for a large scale UN smack down if they did (China would probably pile on them as well due to their proximity)

Any way you look at it this is going to get very very ugly

this space for rent
Vegetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #20
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Look at it from their perspective - an opposition leader was assasinated, and dimes to dollars the ruling party was involved, implicitly or explicitly.

Taking to the streets to protest/fight against the government strikes me as sort of reasonable, especially after Musharraf just tried to take military control of the state in the name of saving it. I mean, put it this way. Say Obama wins the Dem nomination and is in good shape for the presidency. Suddenly, he's assasinated, and W. declares marshall law, and suspends the coming election in the name of political stability. Would taking to the streets against the Bush administration be understandable here?

This is going to get WAY uglier than this unless the ruling party takes steps to reconcile with rather than quell the opposition parties.
I see your point, I ran a similar situation in my head. But It just sees like if a muslim guy spills his milk, he's gotta go blow up a house or something.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 12-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #21
Go Auckland Blues!

-K4G- is a glorious beacon of light-K4G- is a glorious beacon of light-K4G- is a glorious beacon of light
i can foresee a military coup in the near future.

Purple Guitars Lover.

"Let me put Meshuggah's heaviness into perspective for you. Periphery's music is like having life altering sex with the hottest girl you've ever seen, their music IS that stimulating. Meshuggah's music is like being strapped to a chair, unable to move with your eyes taped open, and watching your entire family get run over by a tank, their music IS that powerful." - Some dude at youtube.
-K4G- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #22
SS Contributor

Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
You're a fool. Both of those statements were sourced.

Whether it's laughable or irrational, this is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our own hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!
Who the hell do you think we are?
Jongpil Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #23
Street-good guy

drshock is a jewel in the rough
I heard in the news last night an anchor mentioned how a month ago Bhutto said she thought she didnt feel she had enough security.

Then the very next thing they showed was how Pakistani officials argued against this statement. One guy said this- "oh I think she had adequate protection."

Tell me that is not a George Bush like statement.

Do you know my name?
Do you know my NUMBER?
drshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #24
Fear the Polo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999dead666 View Post
i just read in american/arabic news paper that a sniper shot was found in her neck, and if its proved,it means that musharaf is involved of her death.
It's sort of been glossed over in the coverage, but they happened to get the assassination on video. I'm not sure how easy it is to fake this kind of thing, or how exactly the gunman happened to be a couple feet off exactly between the cameraman and the car at the time of the assassination and the cameraman spotted the gun and immediately trained the camera on him, but you can very clearly see a hand holding a pistol come up out of the crowd and start pulling the trigger.

My first thought when I read the official story that she'd died when she hit her head off the latch of her sunroof trying to dodge the blast was "bullshit." Don't quote me on this, but I'd be absolutely shocked if you could actually hit your head off a car sunroof hard enough under your own power to do more than knock yourself out.

Unread 01-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #25
Trippin' balls

Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
^Yeah thats bullshit. I saw shots (camera pictures, frame by frame basically, and then some footage) and no way. She fell limp into the car.

Too much blood in my alcohol system
Kotex is offline   Reply With Quote