homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
BLOOOOM!

Cyanide_Anima is a splendid one to beholdCyanide_Anima is a splendid one to beholdCyanide_Anima is a splendid one to beholdCyanide_Anima is a splendid one to beholdCyanide_Anima is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow, why couldn't all religious people think like this woman?...

Arab Woman Takes On Muslim Cleric.Video

the vid speaks for itself.
Cyanide_Anima is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
"I am not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew. I am a secular human being. I do not believe in the supernatural, but I respect others' right to believe in it."

"We have not seen a single Jew blow himself up in a German restaurant."

She is awesome.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
BLOOOOM!

Cyanide_Anima is a splendid one to beholdCyanide_Anima is a splendid one to beholdCyanide_Anima is a splendid one to beholdCyanide_Anima is a splendid one to beholdCyanide_Anima is a splendid one to behold
yeah, she is. i have total respect for someone like her. she is very wise, and repects other peoples beliefs and ideas, and because of that, some extremeist muslims are going to want to kill her after that. especially a woman with an open mind and the will to speak it so freely. they will see her as westernized. i bet she is scared to death.
Unread 06-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #4
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Title's a touch misleading, bro - just because she's Arab doesn't mean she's religious, as she's pretty clearly an athiest.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
President / RHLC

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
There's many people thinking like her.
The problem is we don't hear them out as much as every religion's extremists. Why? It's less spectacular.

Become one of us or die, ....ers. / Rick

RIP Garcia3441
playstopause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #6
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Title's a touch misleading, bro - just because she's Arab doesn't mean she's religious, as she's pretty clearly an athiest.
+1

it could just be an American thing to slap labels on everyone, as it's pretty much assumed that all Arabic peoples are Musilum, Indians are Hindi's, Italians and Spanish are Catholic, etc, but then again, we are only human

and besides, you can find women like that here in America. i did . my girlfriend is a fullblown Catholic, and even teaches the wednesday night CCD classes at her church. i'm an athiest, and have pretty much sworn off any and all forms of collective church.

oh yeah, she's conservative, too

...and, she voted for Bush (both times).

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #7
SS Contributor

Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Brilliant woman. I love how she says, "We're not facing a clash of religions or of civilizations but a clash between two eras, between mentality that belongs in the Middle Ages and mentality that belongs in the 21st Century".

She is deemed 100% true

Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by playstopause View Post
There's many people thinking like her.
The problem is we don't hear them out as much as every religion's extremists. Why? It's less spectacular.
Exactly - "empty vessels make most noise".
stuz719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 02:06 PM   #9
BLOOOOM!

err, by the thread title, it i meant it more as why religious people couldn't be more like-minded as her, as in respecting other people's beliefs, and not forcing crap onto people. i'm not great with words, rofl. especially for the johovah's witnesses, and mormons. i get mugged by those people at the bus stops constantly here. they just don't take no for an answer. sometimes i tell them i'm a satanist and eat babies just so they .... off and leave us alone. rofl. i don't do that stuff, of course. im not a religious person, nor am i an athiest. somewhere in-between i guess. rofl.
Unread 06-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide_Anima View Post
especially for the johovah's witnesses, and mormons. i get mugged by those people at the bus stops constantly here. they just don't take no for an answer. sometimes i tell them i'm a satanist and eat babies just so they .... off and leave us alone.
Keep saying no, starting politely, and getting subsequently more forceful, until they get the point. I have closed doors in faces before, simply because someone would just not shut up. I've found that, "I'm not interested in your religion, or any religion, and I'd appreciate it if you stop wasting my time with something that I am going to give absolutely no consideration to," is both polite and straight to the point. If they insist on continuing, then, "What part of 'I'm not interested in your stupid cult' did you not understand?" is usually enough to scare away even the most determined missionary.

As a side note, I find it grossly irresponsible and sadly pathetic that Mormon church sends teenagers out soliciting religion. Rudeness aside, it can be flat out dangerous knocking on a stranger's door, and I would NEVER allow my son or daughter to take part in such an activity.

Quote:
rofl. i don't do that stuff, of course. im not a religious person, nor am i an athiest. somewhere in-between i guess. rofl.
Agnostic. It's the "undecided/not sure" of the religious world.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 06-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #11

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Agnostic. It's the "undecided/not sure" of the religious world.
when they die, they go on to The Great Perhaps

i've always enjoyed my conversations with those trying to convert me. they try to explain to me that some weird god loves me, and that we should all just love eachother, otherwise we'll burn for an eternity. i tell them that the universe doesn't give a .... about you, back it up with facts, and tell them that you should love one another just because.

they are usually the ones walking away frustrated

Unread 06-20-2007, 02:42 PM   #12
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
they try to explain to me that some weird god loves me, and that we should all just love eachother,
If that is the case, why do all of god's followers always seem to be so pissed off and hateful?

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 06-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #13

Quote:
If that is the case, why do all of god's followers always seem to be so pissed off and hateful?
they're not very flexible on terms of worship

Unread 06-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #14
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That was one of the best things I've seen.
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #15
I'm your huckleberry

I love how the cleric was just blubbering on about her being wrong and the prophet and shit, but she just kept right on with the keep-your-nose-out-of-my-business shtick.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 06-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #16
Badass mofo

T_money419 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
If that is the case, why do SOMEof god's followers always seem to be so pissed off and hateful?
I hope that's what you meant to say

Magnum Opus
Datura
Salvia
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
T_money419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #17
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_money419 View Post
I hope that's what you meant to say
Getting pissed off and hateful about it if he isn't isn't really the best way to make a point, bro...

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #18
XEN
(formerly urklvt)

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
God's followers don't even know His name. They forgot it on purpose thousands of years ago so that they could not take it in vain. I would be pissed and hateful too if I had to follow a complete stranger or spend an eternity in torment while others could just go about their lives perfectly content not being the chosen ones.
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 10:25 PM   #19
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Good points in the original post 'n' stuff.

Quote:
Keep saying no, starting politely, and getting subsequently more forceful, until they get the point. I have closed doors in faces before, simply because someone would just not shut up. I've found that, "I'm not interested in your religion, or any religion, and I'd appreciate it if you stop wasting my time with something that I am going to give absolutely no consideration to," is both polite and straight to the point. If they insist on continuing, then, "What part of 'I'm not interested in your stupid cult' did you not understand?" is usually enough to scare away even the most determined missionary.
When those people come to my door, I just say immediately, "Oh, but I already have a Bible" and usually they get stopped in their tracks there for a few seconds. Oftentimes this is followed by, "Would you take a pamphlet?" and I say, "No, thank you. I'm really not interested." If that doesn't work, I've said, "Okay," taken the pamphlet, said "goodbye," shut the door, and then thrown the pamphlet in the garbage without opening it up.

One time I really liked was when I was getting ready for work, the doorbell rang and I was just getting ready to leave, so I wasn't going to go to the door. About a minute later, I left and the lady was getting ready to knock on one of my neighbor's doors. She looked up and said, "Oh, you're going somewhere?" and I just said, "Yep" and walked right past her and down the stairs.

I really don't have time for their nonsense.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #20
SS Contributor

Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren View Post
One time I really liked was...
One time I was waiting for a friend and got approached by a Jehovah's Witness lady (clearly spaced out mentally) and she tried giving me a WatchTower magazine. I said, "Oh, you're a Jehovah's Witness! You should take part in the government plan for witnesses. It's called the Federal Witness Relocation Program. Yeah, they move you into a house and the government pays the rent and utilities!" She got all excited and said, "Really!? Wow, I have to take part in that!"

Rev.

Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 10:56 AM   #21
BLOOOOM!

noodles, sometimes being polite doesn't even do the trick. back in 2002, i had a roomate, he was a crackhead. he was sickly addicted to it. he was also a jo-ho (hehe). his uh, whudduya call it clan would come over all the time, and talk to him, and me, and my cousin. the leader dude would start going on about how he would like me to attend the services and things, and i always said "No, Thanks." this happended EVERY weekend. for months. one time, i was wearing a Nevermore shirt. it was from the Dreaming Neon Black tour. the one on the front that says "Going to Hell Again" and on the back has picture of the band, and and at the bottom says 1999, but upside down, so it looks like 6661. he saw this shirt, and holy shit, the look of disgust and fear in his eyes was just, ....ed up to say the least. he and his people left our house. the next week when he came to get my roomate, he brought some friends. two cars full of people. so they could preach to me how satan is bringing me down, and how i will rot and yadda yadda yaddaaaaaaa. It was like out of a ....ing movie or something. they were getting mad, angry even, and shouting all this stuff. saying i should be saved from the beast and all this crap. i was nothing but courteous, and polite to these people, and they treated me like a ....ing Demon, roflmao. it gived me the heebie jeebies just thinking back on it. i believe in God. not in the same way other people do, i belive in a creator, and all this existence is not just a ....ing coincidence. the universe is too perfect, but anyways i won't really get into that stuff. rofl. but yeah, it was ....ed up couple of weeks after that too. crazy jo-ho's man, i tell ya....
Unread 12-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #22
Tonight.......you

newamerikangospel has much to be proud ofnewamerikangospel has much to be proud ofnewamerikangospel has much to be proud ofnewamerikangospel has much to be proud ofnewamerikangospel has much to be proud ofnewamerikangospel has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Effing A. Im glad to see a middle eastern woman standing ground against what she doesn't beleive.
newamerikangospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #23
SS Contributor

Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.
If you guys think you have it bad, I live less than half a mile away from a Mormon church. I see them like every weekend.

Whether it's laughable or irrational, this is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our own hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!
Who the hell do you think we are?
Jongpil Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

Vegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud of

Very well said

One time i had on my slayer Root of all evil shirt (had a big green demon on it) and this bible-thumper ran over to me to give me a pamphlet - I looked at it - looked at him, smiled then began to eat his pamphlet oh it was priceless

this space for rent
Vegetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 02:50 AM   #25
delirium tremens

Aaron is a glorious beacon of lightAaron is a glorious beacon of lightAaron is a glorious beacon of light
Just answer the door completely naked
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote