homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
New Study on Secondhand Smoke Concludes that, Yep, it's Bad For You.

Study backs up warnings over second hand smoke - Yahoo! News

Now, I'd personally love a little more information about the exposure levels the kids were surrounded in, but either way this is a pretty strong indication that at LEAST high levels od secondhand smoke, and possibly moderate to low levels, are seriously bad for you.

Also - quit smoking. Think of your future retarded kids, the world already has too many drummers:

Smoking may damage your sperm, study finds - Yahoo! News

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Also - quit smoking. Think of your future retarded kids, the world already has too many drummers
True, but not enough actually talented/skilled drummers

And it still amazes me that we need science to tell us that if we light something on fire and suck the smoke into our lungs, it's bad for us.

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven59 View Post
And it still amazes me that we need science to tell us that if we light something on fire and suck the smoke into our lungs, it's bad for us.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:58 PM   #4
Smokestack Lightning

telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Also - quit smoking. Think of your future retarded kids, the world already has too many drummers:
Some of them end up playing guitar, though
telecaster90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
Tone Whore

garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.
Quote:
+1

"Im sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth. "
John Lennon
garcia3441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #6
Lord Super Awesome

Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
[action=Shannon]lights up a cigarette.[/action]

I'm sorry....what?
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #7
Tone Whore

garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
[action=Shannon]lights up a cigarette.[/action]

I'm sorry....what?
*cough* *cough*

"Im sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth. "
John Lennon
garcia3441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #8
???

Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^Oh no! Now you have cancer!

I bet I'm close to getting it, 'cause almost all my friends are habitual chain smokers.

"Personally I see no great issues with ocularly penetrating someone.
The advantages are they can sing you songs while you're having
intercourse. Imagine a round of "row row row your boat" while you're
plowing the shit out of her skull."
-JJ Rodriguez
Blexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #9
ss.org Regular

lordofthesewers can only hope to improve
Real men have cancer. Get yours today at Philip Morris USA Home
lordofthesewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #10
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 06:15 AM   #11
b3n
...Is unacceptable.

b3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I would hope it'd be obvious to most people... I guess it's more that the pro blow-your-smoke-in-the-faces-of-others brigade can no longer cite 'lack of evidence' as an excuse to continue doing so.
b3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 06:59 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

ledzep4eva is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nothing pisses me off more than those ....wit parents who smoke in their own home, in the same room as their kids.
ledzep4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 07:21 AM   #13
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
No study needs to be made on this, if it's bad to inhale it into your lungs while smoking, why wouldn't it be bad for others inhaling it second hand. It's funny people get paid to scientifically prove common sense.

Too much of anything can be bad, that's why I won't smoke in my house, or around young children, or anywhere else where the smoke could linger and be concentrated enough to hurt someone, open air is a different story, but still, I have the right to kill myself slowly, but not to commit third degree murder.

Fellow smokers! Read this thread and think damnit!
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 07:26 AM   #14
dpm
Oni Guitars

dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep4eva View Post
Nothing pisses me off more than those ....wit parents who smoke in their own home, in the same room as their kids.
Except maybe the ones who smoke in the car with the kids. With the windows up.
dpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 07:28 AM   #15
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm View Post
Except maybe the ones who smoke in the car with the kids. With the windows up.
I'm a smoker and I can't even stand to hotbox my car, it sucks, lol.

And to be so stupid to expose your young kids to it that much? Their lungs will look like mine do, but they'll be 5 years old.
Unread 06-06-2007, 08:30 AM   #16
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp88 View Post
No study needs to be made on this, if it's bad to inhale it into your lungs while smoking, why wouldn't it be bad for others inhaling it second hand. It's funny people get paid to scientifically prove common sense.
There's a good reason for this, though - there's no such thing as common sense, just "conventional wisdom". 100 years ago smoking wasn't considered dangerous. Hell, 50 years ago it was still commonplace.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #17
Arktanian Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
There's a good reason for this, though - there's no such thing as common sense, just "conventional wisdom". 100 years ago smoking wasn't considered dangerous. Hell, 50 years ago it was still commonplace.
You're right, Bugs Bunny and Pepe LePew used to smoke all the time
Unread 06-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #18
Cancer:The Crucifuct

Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I wish they would just cut to the chase and make smoking illegal, this long drawn-out process is starting to bore the shit out of me.
Cancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #19
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
Hell, 50 years ago the military still gave soldiers in the field their ration of cigarettes every week.

Somewhere, an Indian Chief is laughing at us. "You may kick us off our land, but we introduced to you a highly addictive carcinogen."

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #20
Arktanian Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer View Post
I wish they would just cut to the chase and make smoking illegal, this long drawn-out process is starting to bore the shit out of me.
I thought we came to the conclusion that this was a BAD idea in a previous thread?
Unread 06-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #21
Cancer:The Crucifuct

Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp88 View Post
I thought we came to the conclusion that this was a BAD idea in a previous thread?

We did, but since we KNOW where this is going I'd rather just cut the opening act and get to the headliner ..so to speak.
Cancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #22
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Quote:
We did, but since we KNOW where this is going I'd rather just cut the opening act and get to the headliner ..so to speak.
There's big money and big politics involved in this. It takes time when those two get together...

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #23
Arktanian Diplomat

Quote:

"You got my cigs mutha ....a?" "No, man, my dealer wasn't around" "Where's my money then"

bang
bang
bang

^^Yeah, that's my lame middle class white boy impression.
Unread 06-06-2007, 10:21 AM   #24
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
If smoking is illegal, then alcohol should be as well by that logic.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 10:22 AM   #25
Arktanian Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
If smoking is illegal, then alcohol should be as well by that logic.