homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Bush is a Jackass part Deux - greenhouse gases

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/04/wa...tnF1fdq+9xhimg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Fearless Leader
“Whatever we do,” he said, “must be in concert with what happens internationally.” He added, “Unless there is an accord with China, China will produce greenhouse gases that will offset anything we do in a brief period of time."
Ok, this whole "math" thing is obviously a bit much for him.

Let's see... If we fail to decrease our greenhouse gas emissions and China doesn't either, then the amount of gas released by both countries will be X+Y, where X equals what we release and Y equals what they release.

If we reduce ours by, say 30%, and China doesn't, then the gas released by both countries will be equal to (X-.3X)+Y, or .3X less than if we take no action.

Either he's using some new-fangled post-9/11 math, or he thinks that China will magically release more greenhouse gases for every emission we cut.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
Nik
Arrogant asshole

Nik will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Only 'deux' ?

I think he's really grasping at straws right now regarding greenhouse gases and he'll have to cave in soon.

----------------------
Visit my band, 'Emulsifier.' Unless you suck. You don't suck... do you?
http://www.myspace.com/demx
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bush is just using China as an excuse to stay in the good graces of his corporate buddies who aren't willing to lose a nickel to cut the amount of greenhouse gasses they produce. It's not logic and God knows it's not math. It's just political bullshit to try and get his way.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
LooP

h4x5k8 is just really niceh4x5k8 is just really nice
Haha. His math is simple - Monkey See = Monkey Do.

No point in trying to save the earth if china isn't, duh!

h4x5k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I only have one question.

When you were a kid, did, "But Mom! Billy's mom is letting him <insert action>, why can't I?" ever work with your parents?

Yeah, mine neither.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #6
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Par for the course.

http://www.wolf.org
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 06:17 PM   #7
I SS.org Salute You!

BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
Only 'deux' ?

I think he's really grasping at straws right now regarding greenhouse gases and he'll have to cave in soon.
I don't think that "cave" exists within the vocabulary of the current administration.

Excellent post Drew! I've been trying to get some staunch Repubs to understand such simple math for a while now.

"Wha - we don't want to slow our economy - wha - why should we, they aren't - wha"

This kind of drivel coming from "the leader of the free world" makes me sick!
BigM555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #8
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
until Bush pays off the US* debt with China, i don't think he's in any position to even look at them funny.

[action=Leon]really means to say, "until Bush pays off HIS debt to China..."[/action]

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 07:44 PM   #9
Nik
Arrogant asshole

Nik will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM555 View Post
I don't think that "cave" exists within the vocabulary of the current administration.
Oh, I think the Bush people, while they do have a very hard time caving in, are also very capable at a gradual sort of change of policy/opinion. They change their stance in such a subtle and drawn-out way that many Bush Aficionados do not quite realize what's going on and simply roll along blindly. Before you know it, extreme right winders will be sure that 'Bush has been pro-environment from the beginning!'

Well, maybe not quite to that extent, but you know what I mean

----------------------
Visit my band, 'Emulsifier.' Unless you suck. You don't suck... do you?
http://www.myspace.com/demx
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 08:04 PM   #10
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
I only have one question.

When you were a kid, did, "But Mom! Billy's mom is letting him <insert action>, why can't I?" ever work with your parents?

Yeah, mine neither.
Exactly!
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 04:37 AM   #11
b3n
...Is unacceptable.

b3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM555 View Post
This kind of drivel coming from "the leader of the free world" makes me sick!
How he can stand up and say this stuff with a straight face is a mystery to me...
b3n is offline   Reply With Quote