homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
  
Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #26
I'm your huckleberry
 
noodles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 17,903
Thanked: 303
noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
As you pointed out, all facts.
The other fact is: Al chose that house, and then bought it. He knew it was as efficient as Concorde on takeoff when he singed at the closing. It's not like it was some big surprise.
You're right, he could have passed on that house. Odds are the people who bought it instead would have left it alone, rather than spending a ton of money on expensive upgrades to more eco-friendly energy sources, thus contributing more to global warming than the Gores.

Instead, Al Gore is causing himself great personal expense by upgrading an outdated house to meet (and far exceed) modern environmental standards.

Quote:
Noodles- that's the helipad.
You'd like to think that, wouldn't you?

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on SevenString.org
   
Unread 04-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #27
prototyping...
 
Durero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bowen Island, Canada
Posts: 5,423
Thanked: 41
Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
There is no connection between climate science and Al Gore's supposedly hypocritical character. It makes no difference to the global environmental problems we're facing wether Al Gore is a perfect saint or the CEO of Exxon. To try to catch him doing something hypocritical, instead of facing the important information he is helping to convey, is a cowardly excuse not to face our own participation in the degradation of our planet.

To put it another way: if a worldwide organization of scientists published an extensive study researching the health affects of smoking, and presented conclusive evidence that smoking is bad for your health, would you choose to ignore it & cry 'hypocrite' instead because you saw one of the scientists smoking a cigarette?
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #28
.... Your Face!
 
NegaTiveXero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Florence, Ky
Posts: 3,401
Thanked: 28
NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durero View Post
There is no connection between climate science and Al Gore's supposedly hypocritical character. It makes no difference to the global environmental problems we're facing wether Al Gore is a perfect saint or the CEO of Exxon. To try to catch him doing something hypocritical, instead of facing the important information he is helping to convey, is a cowardly excuse not to face our own participation in the degradation of our planet.

To put it another way: if a worldwide organization of scientists published an extensive study researching the health affects of smoking, and presented conclusive evidence that smoking is bad for your health, would you choose to ignore it & cry 'hypocrite' instead because you saw one of the scientists smoking a cigarette?
Perfectly put. You get E-rep.
NegaTiveXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #29
The Tremol-No Guy
 
Kevan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,842
Thanked: 37
Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Leave it to Kevan to make the Concorde joke.

Hey, fair enough, Kevan, no arguing there. Though, the question must be asked, if YOU owned his house, would you sell it, if it was just Rachel and you?
Drew and I will probably never sit silent in a room together, but at least it's intelligent conversation.
If it were Rachel and I? Yes. A big FOR SALE sign goes up this afternoon. We simply can't afford a $2400/mo. utility bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
You're right, he could have passed on that house. Odds are the people who bought it instead would have left it alone, rather than spending a ton of money on expensive upgrades to more eco-friendly energy sources, thus contributing more to global warming than the Gores.
That's simply a guess.
There are a kabillion possibilities on what *could* happen to the house if the Gores passed on it:
- It could have been hit by a tornado.
- It could have been upgraded to uber-enviro by it's new owner, Mr. Bush.
- It could have burned to the ground.
- It could have been used as a landing site for an alien spacecraft to pick up the man that's been trapped under a mountain for 5000 years.
- It could have been.....well, I'll stop there. You get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Instead, Al Gore is causing himself great personal expense by upgrading an outdated house to meet (and far exceed) modern environmental standards.
And $10 says the work is being done purely to save face.
We are talking about a politician after all.

"Thank YOU, Jim Day!"
Kevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #30
prototyping...
 
Durero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bowen Island, Canada
Posts: 5,423
Thanked: 41
Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
And $10 says the work is being done purely to save face.
Your own "That's simply a guess." is the most appropriate response to this.
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #31
The Tremol-No Guy
 
Kevan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,842
Thanked: 37
Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durero View Post
Your own "That's simply a guess." is the most appropriate response to this.
Yeah, but I put $10 on it.
How much are you willing to put on the tornado or alien spacecraft?

"Thank YOU, Jim Day!"
Kevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #32
Fear the Polo!
 
Drew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 22,027
Thanked: 156
Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Yeah, but I put $10 on it.
How much are you willing to put on the tornado or alien spacecraft?


Fair enough, Kevan. Even I have to admit your truck has like twice the balls of the next six cars I'll own put together.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #33
I'm your huckleberry
 
noodles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 17,903
Thanked: 303
noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
That's simply a guess.
There are a kabillion possibilities on what *could* happen to the house if the Gores passed on it:
- It could have been hit by a tornado.
- It could have been upgraded to uber-enviro by it's new owner, Mr. Bush.
- It could have burned to the ground.
- It could have been used as a landing site for an alien spacecraft to pick up the man that's been trapped under a mountain for 5000 years.
- It could have been.....well, I'll stop there. You get the idea.
I think someone installed a Tremol-No on your brain and locked it in "can't admit defeat" mode.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #34
slow and low
 
skattabrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Methuen MA
Posts: 970
Thanked: 2
skattabrain is just really niceskattabrain is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
Gore's not perfect, obviously, but this smear campaign demonstrates one of the big issues in general in the US right now - distract from the real issue (possible human causes of global warming) to play political games.
i agree ... but it's a both sides problem. each side is always blanket bombing the other ... it's a 2 way street in Washington. unfortunately ... both directions lead to the sewer.
skattabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #35
SS Contributor
 
ohio_eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,236
Thanked: 189
ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skattabrain View Post
it's a 2 way street in Washington. unfortunately ... both directions lead to the sewer.


ZING!
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #36
The Tremol-No Guy
 
Kevan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,842
Thanked: 37
Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
I think someone installed a Tremol-No on your brain and locked it in "can't admit defeat" mode.
Why does everyone think that a simple conversation online is some type of battle or contest or fight?
Is there some memo that I missed?
Was it part of those new TPS report cover sheets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skattabrain View Post
i agree ... but it's a both sides problem. each side is always blanket bombing the other ... it's a 2 way street in Washington. unfortunately ... both directions lead to the sewer.
Heh heh....good one, and so very true.

"Thank YOU, Jim Day!"
Kevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #37
I'm your huckleberry
 
noodles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 17,903
Thanked: 303
noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Why does everyone think that a simple conversation online is some type of battle or contest or fight?
Is there some memo that I missed?
Nah, I just really wanted to work in a Tremol-No crack.

Quote:
Was it part of those new TPS report cover sheets?
Yes. Aaaaaaaaaaand I do believe you forgot to turn yours in. They were do today, yeaaaaah. I've taken the liberty of bringing by another copy for you to fill out.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #38
The Tremol-No Guy
 
Kevan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,842
Thanked: 37
Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.Kevan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
DUE

"Thank YOU, Jim Day!"
Kevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Les Paul Forum | Marshall Amp Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

SS.org proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2004-2014, SevenString.org. All Rights Reserved.