homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
This is why I can't stomach the Iraq War

Here is a picture of Marine Sgt Ty Ziegel and his fiance, before he left for his first tour of Iraq:

One suicide bomb, 19 surgeries, and nearly two years later, here is Ty and his fiance on their wedding day:

Most of his face was melted off by the heat of the blast. He is blind in one eye. His shattered skull had to be replaced with plastic.

I'm sure we're fighting the good fight. I'm sure our president would never lie to us. I'm just positive that our saftey, and not the profit of big oil and defense contractors, is what is on the president's mind when he sends our soldiers off to get horribly mangled like this.

If he is lying, then just letting him finish his last two years in office is probably the right thing to do. He doesn't deserve to stand trial for this. No, of course not.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-30-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
She certainly looks happy.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
That picture just made my heart sink with absolute sadness. Just terrible to think that people have to deal with things like that on an everyday basis just because Bush says he thinks this is the "right thing to do." Jackass.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
ss.org Regular

Battle-axe is just really niceBattle-axe is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow, tht is just horrible.
Battle-axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Heh. Since I'm on a .mil, I can't see the "after" picture. Somehow, I'm not surprised...

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #6
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
...and since I'm on a large financial network, I can't see the before.

I'm guessing he doesn't look like an alien in the before?

"Heart sick" is the only word that comes to mind. You can't even hate the government for this. It just seems so pointless and so empty.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 01:17 PM   #7
SS Contributor

kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
jesus that's tragic.
Poor guy, I think I saw something on this guy on TV a while ago.

Axe Fx II in da house
Mark IV in da House
JVM in da House
kmanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
New found sanity

Grom is a glorious beacon of lightGrom is a glorious beacon of lightGrom is a glorious beacon of light
How to shatter 2 destinies (and many others hidden) ... I still don't understand how a majority of Americans thought that Bush was worth a second round.

"Be smart and I'll .... you over - sayeth the Lord". Frank Zappa
Grom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 01:25 PM   #9
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Neither do a majority of Americans, Grom. :/

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

Unread 03-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #10
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
I just finished having lunch with my father, a Southern Baptist who voted Republican far more often that not. This is the man who still thinks Regan was a great president.

"Dave, the only thing that separates Bush from Hitler is that he is not loading people up on trains to haul off to concentration camps. He's a dictator, and I'll probably never vote for a Republican as long as I live. Damn their party for supporting him even now."

I'll never forget that as long as I live. That is what the GOP has sacrificed through all this: the trust of their closest supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
Heh. Since I'm on a .mil, I can't see the "after" picture. Somehow, I'm not surprised...
I just e-mailed it to you.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 03-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yep, I got it. About what I expected - I've seen far too many of those...

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #12
XEN
BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
I'm with you Mike. Our shop reports casualty data to the G3 and the CG and I've seen my share of those too. And our brass complains that we don't have enough money in our budget for TDY.... Nothing more important to think about???

XEN STRINGED INSTRUMENTS
BEYOND 6UITAR AND B4SS

xen.guitars / xen.facebook / xen.email
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #13
Fear the Polo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
Yep, I got it. About what I expected - I've seen far too many of those...
All-American GI, buzz cut and a youthful grin, looking like a million bucks because he's going off to serve his country and defend freedom?

There's one man who paid way too high a price for disillusionment...

Unread 03-30-2007, 02:53 PM   #14
I'm your huckleberry

Sadly, Drew, you are right on the money.

I've attached the pics for those who can't view them at work.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com

Last edited by noodles; 11-18-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Unread 03-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #15
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Got to give that woman some respect, I bet a lot of women would have bolted when he came back, although she REALLY doesn't look like she's as happy on her wedding day as a woman should.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #16
Mah Kitteh doez Coke

LilithXShred is just really niceLilithXShred is just really nice
damn... this nearly makes me cry

My Mammal Sauce is the best Mammal Sauce
LilithXShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #17
Fear the Polo!

Oh god, that's even worse than I thought. They're about the most disgustingly happy All-American couple I've ever seen.

Today, she looks like she wants to cry, and he looks like he wishes he was still physically capable of crying.

Unread 03-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #18
I'm your huckleberry

I can't believe I forgot to link the article:

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/200.../index_np.html

It was passed to me by a coworker. The wedding day image is from somewhere else, which explains why you may be able to see one and not the other.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 03-30-2007, 03:16 PM   #19
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
They had an article about this in People in November, i think. it was a really ....ed up read. they showed a bunch of pics of him in the hospital and everything.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #20
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
:-\

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 04:09 PM   #21
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
God, that is just sickening. Here's another reason, a guy from my town. IF you notice in the pic he's got less limbs than he went to Iraq with.

ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #22
XEN
BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
Yeah, I wonder how long his VA benefits will take to kick in....

What's the rate now? 1 year if you're lucky?

XEN STRINGED INSTRUMENTS
BEYOND 6UITAR AND B4SS

xen.guitars / xen.facebook / xen.email
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #23
I'm your huckleberry

If I was that soldier, I would have kicked that bastard the .... out of my hospital room.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 03-30-2007, 04:16 PM   #24
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
If I was that soldier, I would have kicked that bastard the .... out of my hospital room.
I think his face in that picture says it all Dave.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #25
Fear the Polo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
I'm sure he would, too...

...if he had legs. Bush isn't a moron.

:/