homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-30-2007, 04:48 PM   #26
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Bush isn't a moron.

Wanna bet?
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 05:08 PM   #27
New found sanity

Grom is a glorious beacon of lightGrom is a glorious beacon of lightGrom is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't want to create a new debate here, but today a lot of French men are really trying to find how to write a better Constitution (it will be the sixth one we would experience since 1793). Seeing how such a retard can become your President without you having the right to DIRECTLY vote for him or not ... Don't you think it's time for a change, too ? I really want to hear the truth from the people's mouth, not what is filtered when it comes across the pond.

"Be smart and I'll .... you over - sayeth the Lord". Frank Zappa
Grom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #28
Smokestack Lightning

telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom View Post
I don't want to create a new debate here, but today a lot of French men are really trying to find how to write a better Constitution (it will be the sixth one we would experience since 1793). Seeing how such a retard can become your President without you having the right to DIRECTLY vote for him or not ... Don't you think it's time for a change, too ? I really want to hear the truth from the people's mouth, not what is filtered when it comes across the pond.
As much as we need change, it's highly highly unrealistic at the scale you're talking about, unless DC ends up in flames. Let's hope we never reach that point, becuase it only means more lives would have been pointlessly taken to reach that point.
telecaster90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 11:44 PM   #29
ss.org Regular

lordofthesewers can only hope to improve
Bush lied...People died. It is as simple as that! (not really, but that sums up the feelings of many families of the military)
lordofthesewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2007, 08:43 AM   #30
New found sanity

Grom is a glorious beacon of lightGrom is a glorious beacon of lightGrom is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecaster90 View Post
As much as we need change, it's highly highly unrealistic at the scale you're talking about, unless DC ends up in flames. Let's hope we never reach that point, becuase it only means more lives would have been pointlessly taken to reach that point.
I'm obviously not talking about a revolution, only your view upon this. Your voting system may be as traditional as it is, it does not prevent you from having ideas. That's how we work here. When the people wants something, the Government has to take decisions accordingly.

But I know there's a HUGE gap between our way to see politics and the Americans' one ...

"Be smart and I'll .... you over - sayeth the Lord". Frank Zappa
Grom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2007, 09:27 AM   #31
€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•

Hellbound is a glorious beacon of lightHellbound is a glorious beacon of lightHellbound is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Damn...this is some sick shit....makes me hate Bush more and more. I mean just look at her face in that second picture she looks to be in extreme shock and horror....so awesome to still stand by his side most women would just flee.

Explorer in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, Angels to others.
Hellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2007, 10:13 PM   #32
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_eric View Post
God, that is just sickening. Here's another reason, a guy from my town. IF you notice in the pic he's got less limbs than he went to Iraq with.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...-0503-763v.jpg
His face reads "Are you shitting me?" loud and clear.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2007, 10:39 PM   #33
Dybbuk

Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Man that is horrible, i hope the solider is able to get some kind of surgery to reconstruct his face (at the governments expense) poor guy.
Samer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2007, 04:57 AM   #34
ss.org Regular

999dead666 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer View Post
Man that is horrible, i hope the solider is able to get some kind of surgery to reconstruct his face (at the governments expense) poor guy.
even better, take bush's face, sell it as toilet paper, then use the money for beauty surgery.
its soo ....ed up. its just came to my mind the kids that are getting sucha things in iraq. i mean his story is sad and everything, but he got some one behind him plus he is soldier. imagine how ....ed up it will be for a kid or teenager to be sitting with melted face and lost limbs and watching his friends playing in the streets and growing to be normal people.
i saw program 2 days ago about the new weopons the USA used and still using in iraq. the radiation is sooooo big that in city of basra the cancer cases were increased 300% !!!! the nuclear dust was found even in britain !!! i mean what the .... these people are doing over there????
they dont give a shit about tens of generations that will be left there. even thier own soldiers are getting some seriouse sickness because of it , i really dont know what to say
999dead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #35
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate

Wounded warriors face home-front battle with VA - CNN.com

Quote:
Ty Ziegel peers from beneath his Marine Corps baseball cap, his once boyish face burned beyond recognition by a suicide bomber's attack in Iraq just three days before Christmas 2004.

He lost part of his skull in the blast and part of his brain was damaged. Half of his left arm was amputated and some of the fingers were blown off his right hand.

Ziegel, a 25-year-old Marine sergeant, knew the dangers of war when he was deployed for his second tour in Iraq.

But he didn't expect a new battle when he returned home as a wounded warrior: a fight with the Department of Veterans Affairs.

"Sometimes, you get lost in the system," he told CNN. "I feel like a Social Security number. I don't feel like Tyler Ziegel."

His story is one example of how medical advances in the battlefield have outpaced the home front. Many wounded veterans return home feeling that the VA system, specifically its 62-year-old disability ratings system, has failed them

How Bush and Cheney haven't commited suicide from the guilt any sane human would feel is beyond me. Well yeah he's a pompous ignorant arrogant assholes but still, this is far beyond shameful.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #36
Lee
Above

Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.Lee is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
How Bush and Cheney haven't commited suicide from the guilt any sane human would feel is beyond me.
Neither of them are sane or human.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #37
Ze..

oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.oompa is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
How Bush and Cheney haven't commited suicide from the guilt any sane human would feel is beyond me.
the guilty dont feel guilty, they learn not to.

Eat Shit. Billions of flies can't be wrong.
oompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #38
Mostly Harmless

ElRay is the epitome of metal.ElRay is the epitome of metal.ElRay is the epitome of metal.ElRay is the epitome of metal.ElRay is the epitome of metal.ElRay is the epitome of metal.ElRay is the epitome of metal.ElRay is the epitome of metal.ElRay is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
If he is lying, then just letting him finish his last two years in office is probably the right thing to do. He doesn't deserve to stand trial for this. No, of course not.
Misrepresenting facts isn't a crime in itself, if it was, there's be next to nobody in Congress or the Oval Office.

Also, don't forget, the report that GWB's summary was based on was freely available for ALL 500+ members of Congress to read and draw their own conclusions -- Only nine signed-out the document. The report clearly stated the uncertainties in the intelligence. You can blame GWB, but you can't deny that Congress shirked it's duties too and if you want to keep your political views consistent, then in 2008, make sure you vote against all of your Congress Critters that were in office at the time and voted for the war without reading the report.

Ray

The Ultimate Question: What string gauge is needed for 18.84# of tension when tuned to E2 on a 27" scale guitar?
ElRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #39
Appreciates Kwolity

ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
ZeroSignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 03:37 PM   #40
President / RHLC ©

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Horrible, horrible, horrible. Just sick.
And sad. Poor man! God bless him. Hope he gets the strenght to lead a good life.

Bush, you go to hell, filthy pig.

Become one of us or die, ....ers. / Rick

RIP Garcia3441
playstopause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #41
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
After turning him into a living monstrosity, they .... him over like that? What a horrible country I live in.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 09:20 PM   #42
SS Contributor

techjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
Heh. Since I'm on a .mil, I can't see the "after" picture. Somehow, I'm not surprised...
I'm on a .mil too, and I can't see the after picture as well.... How wierd.
techjsteele is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #43
Ken

Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
I'm sure we're fighting the good fight. I'm sure our president would never lie to us. I'm just positive that our saftey, and not the profit of big oil and defense contractors, is what is on the president's mind when he sends our soldiers off to get horribly mangled like this.

If he is lying, then just letting him finish his last two years in office is probably the right thing to do. He doesn't deserve to stand trial for this. No, of course not.
You know what? Typed a long response, but nevermind. Is there some way I can turn off the P&CE forum so I don't have to look at these threads anymore? Just to hide it from my view?
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #44
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just awful.

I think I'd rather be dead, selfish yes, but it's amazing to me that he can go on. And even more so that she's staying with him.

The soldiers know of the dangers before they go into war, and injuries are expected...but this is horrific...and he's having trouble getting care? Why is it a question? Get that man straight to a hospital, no questions asked, and paid for by the Government.

The worst, and longest lasting atrocity of this is the question "Why?" What are these men fighting and dying for, how much of a lie is this cause? And why the hell are we still there...

Why are nukes being used by America when we're policing the world to get rid of nukes?

Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:41 PM   #45
Ken

Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.Ken is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp88 View Post
The soldiers know of the dangers before they go into war, and injuries are expected...but this is horrific...and he's having trouble getting care? Why is it a question? Get that man straight to a hospital, no questions asked, and paid for by the Government.

Yeah, the VA is a ....ing joke, IMO. My dad was a veteran, but when he had a stroke they showed him the door. Many VA hospitals are owned by the private sector.

That young man shouldn't have to want for ANY medical care. The US Government owes him that much and more.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:09 AM   #46
SS Contributor

Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.Jongpil Yun is pretty damn metal.
At least we can cure all our soldiers with spinal cord injuries due to the government funded stem cell research we're conducting.

Oh wait...

Whether it's laughable or irrational, this is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our own hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!
Who the hell do you think we are?
Jongpil Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 03:42 AM   #47
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
You know, this is slightly off-topic... but am I the only one who's so thrown off by everyone being amazed that his wife hasn't left him because he's ugly?

I think that's horribly inappropriate. It's not like relationships hinge solely around appearances, and it's not like one can maintain a serious relationship without somehow caring about more than looking nice. Am I the only one who's posted here who wouldn't think about something other than 'Oh, wait, she's ugly now' if someone I cared about like that was horribly injured like that? Putting aside that whole being-of-pure-evil-who-laughed-when-Bambi-died chunk of my personality, if someone was patient and perceptive enough to stay with me and make me happy I'd probably need a ....ing good reason to leave her.

I get shit because I think socialized medicine is doomed and hopeless, but nobody else has thought that maybe this woman who obviously cared about him enough to promise him her hand in marriage is thinking more along the lines of 'I have to help him get through all of this shit - for ....'s sake, he was blown the hell up' than 'He's ugly, I'm on the next bus to the red lights' here?

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 03:58 AM   #48
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I understand what you're saying Jeff, I think we're not talking about just plain "hes ugly" but how horrific it must be for them.

There are many many people who wouldn't be able to handle it, it's a real testament to the heart of that girl.
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #49
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
God, that is just sickening. Here's another reason, a guy from my town. IF you notice in the pic he's got less limbs than he went to Iraq with.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...-0503-763v.jpg
"Your ....ing kidding me right?"

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 11:56 PM   #50
ss.org Regular

lordofthesewers can only hope to improve
People who join the army know what they are going in. They took the risk to get blown up, die or be turned into living monstrosities, now they suffer the consequences. I think it is wrong for veterans not to get the care they need, but I think that once you join the army you realize where the hell you are going, and if you don't want to the risks, then pursue another career. I don't feel sorry for those soldiers who complain Bush took them away their legs, lives, or etc. They did it themselves, there is always the alternative to study your ass off and go to college, or pursue any other damn career you want, but I'm perfectly fine if people love their country so much they are willing to sacrifice their lives even if they don't die. Those people should get the healthcare they need at home, but not ask you to be sorry for them, they should be proud of themselves and have the balls to look in a mirror and be proud of how they look due to the war. That is the army, it has great risks.

The army is not boy scouts, it is where you go to war if your commanders feel it is necessary.
lordofthesewers is offline   Reply With Quote