homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree33Likes
  • 2 Post By HeHasTheJazzHands
  • 1 Post By L1ght
  • 1 Post By Necris
  • 1 Post By Loomer
  • 6 Post By synrgy
  • 1 Post By highlordmugfug
  • 1 Post By HeHasTheJazzHands
  • 2 Post By Mexi
  • 3 Post By Sofos
  • 2 Post By HeHasTheJazzHands
  • 3 Post By Hemi-Powered Drone
  • 1 Post By HeHasTheJazzHands
  • 3 Post By Metal_Webb
  • 3 Post By Unknown Doodl3.2
  • 1 Post By Sofos
  • 2 Post By pink freud

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Matt Inman of The Oatmeal sued for $20K, raises over $100K for charity instead

Cartoonist turns lawsuit threat into $100K charity fundraiser - Digital Life
synrgy and Deadnightshade like this.
HeHasTheJazzHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-13-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
Truth Over Triumph

L1ght is just really niceL1ght is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'm confused. This guy, the illustrator and owner of "The Oatmeal" comics/cartoons, got sued because he threatened to file a lawsuit against a website that was illegally profiting off of HIS own comics/cartoons? How is that legal, or...
Hemi-Powered Drone likes this.
L1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
Bonitis.

Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I love how Funny Junks lawyers first thought in light of the negative response was to essentially look for ways to shut down the fund raiser and away all of the over $100,000 donated (money meant for charity) and then actually entertaining the idea of taking legal action against the people who e-mailed him voicing their displeasure with the situation. Real class act he is.
That's without even mentioning the fact that Funny Junk actually was telling people to harass Inman (The Oatmeal) and had posted multiple ways of contacting him so that they could do so.
highlordmugfug likes this.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
this made my day

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
Comfortably Dumb

Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Matt Inman... A god amongst men, no less.
K3V1N SHR3DZ likes this.
Loomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
I can't help but to think that lawyer must be chasing ambulances most of his time.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
I think we need to take the Internet Crown off of Takei for a day, and place it on Inman.

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
:golf: clap
ivancic1al likes this.
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #9
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
The administrator of Funny Junk is pretty ....ing greedy too, from what I've read. I've heard stories about him lying to his users about site traffic being low and urging people to upload more for more traffic. . Seems like a ploy to get more cash from views and adverts.
Unread 06-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

Mexi is just really niceMexi is just really nice
looks like Charles Carreon (lawyer for funnyjunk) not only feels that suing Matthew Inman is appropriate, but suing the charities that he raised money for too

Charles Carreon Sues Matthew Inman... And The Charities He's Raising Money For | Techdirt

My father warned me about the dangers of alcohol: "never make a martini with too much vermouth"
Mexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #11
Sludgy Balls of Doom

Location: The Very Very Very Very Very Very Inverted Mountains of Kxziiiimfghhhblaghl
Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think EVERYONE needs to forward this to Carreon:

In desperate need of a 64-String Meshuggah-Harp

Blackened Death Metal from Atlanta, GA
MySpace Facebook ReverbNation YouTube

“Very atmospheric and well done.”
— Ashmedi (Melechesh), Facebook
“Music is dark and heavy, really cool!”
— Oli Beaudoin (Neuraxis, Keep of Kalessin, Belphegor, Kataklysm), Facebook
Sofos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
Tears Are My Bidet

I can safely say that Charles is going to be up there as one of the most hated human beings in existance. Sure, suing The Oatmeal is a little far, but the AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY!? ARE YOU ....ING INSANE!?

highlordmugfug and Necris like this.
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, Carreon's a major douche. This is why I don't like Funnyjunk. (Okay, other reasons, but this just validates my hatred)

But you know what? It doesn't matter that Carreon is an asshole because Inman made nearly eleven times his goal, $211,223.04. I mean, that's just so amazing. The National Wildlife Federation and the American Cancer Society are the real winners from this whole situation.

And this shall teach us all: Bear Love Good, Cancer Bad.
Hemi-Powered Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #14
cute, but crazy

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
"How DARE you not let us rip off your creativity and market it for our own nefarious ends!!! You will pay for this!!! And your little charities too, ahahahahaha!!!"

Anybody else think that's how Carreon sounded? (albeit with heavy wicked witch of the west influences)

Oh and Carreon's mom ....s bears.

Not sure how to interact with transgender people? Read this:
http://tranifesto.com/transgender-fa...-trans-people/
Check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jessica-macarthur

ATTORNEY: Doctor , how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?
WITNESS: All of them. The live ones put up too much of a fight.

"You can fuck anything....how do you think evolution happened?" - mcd
tacotiklah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #15
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
this is ....ing awesome!

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Thrashmanzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #16
Tears Are My Bidet

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...lares-victory/

‘THE OATMEAL’ v. FUNNYJUNK LAWYER: Why Charles Carreon dropped his Indiegogo charity lawsuit - Comic Riffs - The Washington Post
Unknown Doodl3.2 likes this.
Unread 07-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
Needs more strings

Metal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of light
Charity Money

Brilliant. Game set and match to Inman

"By the way, melted binding looks like marshmallow. But it really doesn't taste like it." - MapleLeaf97
Metal_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #18
look at each other..

Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That man won the internet, holy shit.

Unknown Doodl3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
Sludgy Balls of Doom

Location: The Very Very Very Very Very Very Inverted Mountains of Kxziiiimfghhhblaghl
Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.Sofos is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

who aborted what?

In desperate need of a 64-String Meshuggah-Harp

Blackened Death Metal from Atlanta, GA
MySpace Facebook ReverbNation YouTube

“Very atmospheric and well done.”
— Ashmedi (Melechesh), Facebook
“Music is dark and heavy, really cool!”
— Oli Beaudoin (Neuraxis, Keep of Kalessin, Belphegor, Kataklysm), Facebook
Sofos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldiersOfFilth View Post
Holy shit!

That's some really nice floor!
Sofos and Captain Axx like this.
pink freud is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #21
SS.org Regular

pentecost will become famous soon enough
feed troll until it can't fit under the bridge. +1 internets.
pentecost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #22
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
Did you see that the $200 000 he photographed himself with is his own? That's even more awesome

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote