homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thumbs down Curse in public and now you get fined.

Massachusetts town approves $20 fine for swearing in public - U.S. News

Something tells me that's unconstitutional
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech..."

I don't approve of swearing in public, but getting fined for it seems a bit ridiculous.

If You're selling a Gibson Explorer PM Me!

Proud gear owner of:
Schecter V-1 ATX with passive duncans
Takamine EG 431 SC (something like that)
1994 Peavey bandit 112 combo/ head
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Boss GT8
MXR ZW OD and that's all folks!
GuitaristOfHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
That's ....in' bullshit.

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

athawulf is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
They should have taken a step further- made it a bit more ridiculous. I say $5 for crap, $10 for shit, $20 for .....

I'm curious as to the list of words they can fine for.
ilyti and GuitaristOfHell like this.

athawulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
That's ....in' bullshit.
I almost just want to go there just to curse and tell them the law is unconstitutional.
I don't agree with many laws in this country such as you can't shoot bears. I heard a story of a man who was fined big time because he shot a bear on his property because he said it started charging at his kids. So the law wants marks on you? I don't want to get mauled then be able to shoot. So by saving your kids, wife, or your life you're going to get fined. That should be an exception to that law. I live where they're not uncommon.

Proud gear owner of:
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Boss GT8
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

IB-studjent- is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how du like them apples

-Vik duality 8 fanned fret-
-Vik DCA baritone 6 string
-

This just in:
Apologies to the other Abasi fanbois out there....I have just recently - yesterday actually - moved to a new favorite guitarist. stated a relavent member of the music community.
IB-studjent- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
lol its a misdemeanor in idaho to swear in front of women and children.

And there is nothing to worry about ACLU will tell them "whats up" if they try to enforce this law.

State

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Not surprising considering there are also still blasphemy laws in Massachusetts.
Quote:
Whoever willfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, His creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.
It has been a long time since anyone was prosecuted under that law in Massachusetts but it is still there so you could be prosecuted under it.
Randy and K3V1N SHR3DZ like this.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Shitty tits

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
Lazy Ryebread Viking

ilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to all
This can not be enforced. Cops swear just as much as the average person, and they have more important crimes to deal with. Nonsense.
ilyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
There are already LOOOOTS of places in all parts of the world that have laws regarding public profanity, including where I live. Said laws are practically never enforced.

A few years ago, I used to manage a gas station. One day there was a cop in the store, as well as an older guy who looked like he was a construction worker. I can't remember why, but at one point the older guy starts cussing up a storm at something. Just as he stopped to get a breath of air, the cop interrupted and said "You done?" The older guy replied "why the .... do you care?", to which the cop replied "It's technically against the law to swear in public."

In response to that, the older fellow puffed up his chest, got right up in the cop's face and said "well, aren't you on a ....in' power trip!"

The cop responded by simply removing his shades, Horatio-style, looked him square in the eyes and said "keep going."

After about five seconds of staring each other down, the one guy moved back a bit, then stormed out of the store.

I remember it like it was yesterday, cause it was *really* entertaining to watch.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #11
Needs more strings

Metal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of light
It's meant to be a $50 fine here in Aus for swearing in public. No one ever gets charged with just that though

That being said, if you were being arrested for something else and started calling the cops something that rhymes with "ducking funts" I'd imagine they'd chuck that in there as well.

"By the way, melted binding looks like marshmallow. But it really doesn't taste like it." - MapleLeaf97
Metal_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Demolition Man anyone.

When shall the 3 shells be implemented.

They don't need to enforce it they will just have listening devices that spit out tickets.

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #13
Lazy Ryebread Viking

ilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Webb View Post
It's meant to be a $50 fine here in Aus for swearing in public. No one ever gets charged with just that though

That being said, if you were being arrested for something else and started calling the cops something that rhymes with "ducking funts" I'd imagine they'd chuck that in there as well.
Hilarious, because I've never known any Australian who could say one sentence without using the c-word.
Loomer, Bigfan, -42- and 1 others like this.
Unread 06-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Blake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of light
This is ridiculous.

“Better to sleep with a sober cannibal than a drunk Christian.”

-Herman Melville, Moby Dick
Blake1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #15
Intrepid Jackass

Demiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to all
It's Massachusetts, surprising that they didn't decide to tax profanity. RDRR

Anyway, such a law would never stand up to higher scrutiny, but I don't know if anyone is going to put for the legal fees to become the Rosa Parks of getting fined $20 for shouting "....nuggets".

"I like Christian rock. It's very positive. It's not like those real musicians who think they're so cool and hip." -George Costanza
Demiurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

MrPepperoniNipples is just really niceMrPepperoniNipples is just really nice
they are actually putting money in the swear jar
MrPepperoniNipples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
pink freud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

Blind Theory is just really niceBlind Theory is just really nice
Thank god I don't live there, then. The second I step out of my house away from family and enter the company of friends my swear filter is automatically lost and I have no ability to stop myself. Hell, I don't even know I'm cursing half the time I'm doing it.
Hemi-Powered Drone likes this.
Blind Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #19
Lazy Ryebread Viking

As annoying as it is when you hear idiots cursing up a storm in public, it pisses me off more when people smoke illegally at bus stops. Another "minor" infraction cops can't enforce.
Unread 06-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #20
The Optimist Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink freud View Post

Proud gear owner of:
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Boss GT8
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #21
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Jay walking is a crime too. To this day, Ive never heard of anyone getting a jay walking ticket haha.

Oh... our tax dollars at work.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #22
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Jay walking is a crime too. To this day, Ive never heard of anyone getting a jay walking ticket haha.

my ex-girlfriend got a $160 fine for jay-walking, it was funny as shit

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Thrashmanzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #23
Needs more strings

Metal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post

Nah, it happens every now and again when the cops go on stints where they "remind" people how dangerous it is to jaywalk. By fining them $50 on the spot.

Yeah, lets ignore those murders and shit, we need to send tons of police out to fine people for walking off a crossing 1 m too early :rollseyes:

"By the way, melted binding looks like marshmallow. But it really doesn't taste like it." - MapleLeaf97
Metal_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #24
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
Anyway, such a law would never stand up to higher scrutiny, but I don't know if anyone is going to put for the legal fees to become the Rosa Parks of getting fined $20 for shouting "....nuggets".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpeo3VAvdw
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #25
The Optimist Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Webb View Post
Nah, it happens every now and again when the cops go on stints where they "remind" people how dangerous it is to jaywalk. By fining them $50 on the spot.

Yeah, lets ignore those murders and shit, we need to send tons of police out to fine people for walking off a crossing 1 m too early :rollseyes:
I know right our country is.

Proud gear owner of:
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Boss GT8