homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Father beats child molester to death

Hell hath no fury like a father protecting his young. If it went down the way it's described I couldn't see myself reacting any differently.

Grand Jury to get case of Texas man who beat alleged child molester to death

Gsus died for your sins

Tell the people there's an invisible man in the sky that created the universe and the vast majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin
matt397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

athawulf is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If someone is attacking a 4 year old girl, and your own daughter at that, you beat the ............'s head in until he's no threat- you don't check his pulse after each whack to make sure you haven't taken it too far.

I found the "execution" comment a bit interesting, how do we know that there was a point available to the father to stop? What if there was no in between, the last blow being the one that removed the threat but also cost the molester his life.

If these are the facts then I'm on the father's side 100%

athawulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I'm largely a pacifist and I probably would've done the same, nor do I take much issue with this.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
I'm torn.
On one side the fact that there are few characters more reviled than the child-molester, on the other side I am not comfortable with people taking the law into their own hand and appoint themselves excecutioners. If we start allowing mob-rule it could set a dangerous precedent, you can't bring people back from the dead if you mobbed the wrong person to death.

I guess it is the same cunundrum as the death penalty.. Do we want to put lives into the hands of fallible people, especially a man as this guy..

Mind, I have no qualms about beating him up, I would probably have done so myself, but I don't think we should kill each other.
matt397 and CannibalKiller like this.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Involuntary manslaughter is what i imagine will be the charge. I imagine he meant to completely clobber this guy, but not murder him.

I dont think i have the physical strength in any situation to be able to punch someone to death, I guess ranch folk would though.
matt397 likes this.

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakke View Post
I'm torn.
On one side the fact that there are few characters more reviled than the child-molester, on the other side I am not comfortable with people taking the law into their own hand and appoint themselves excecutioners. If we start allowing mob-rule it could set a dangerous precedent, you can't bring people back from the dead if you mobbed the wrong person to death.

I guess it is the same cunundrum as the death penalty.. Do we want to put lives into the hands of fallible people, especially a man as this guy..

Mind, I have no qualms about beating him up, I would probably have done so myself, but I don't think we should kill each other.
I doubt the father intended to kill the guy. People don't realize how easy it is to kill someone with a blow to the head. The father probably just reacted on an instinctual level to protect his daughter and hit the guy until he stopped being a threat.

That being said, were it me...I'd have intended to kill him. I don't care about punishment or justice, I care about protecting the safety of my family. When that safety is threatened, I fully intend to proceed with lethal force as that's the only sure way of removing the immediate threat. Luckily, defense of a third person with lethal force is justifiable in the US in all states (as far as I know, and I know it is in Texas for a fact) so this man probably won't go to jail.

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

broj15 is just really nicebroj15 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is an interesting case. I'm all for non violence, but if i was in the same situation I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. As far as the fathers guilt, well it hard to say. While I don't think it was right for him to kill another person I can only imagine the blind rage that must have over taken him upon seeing what he saw. Its possible that he may not have been aware of just how hard he was hitting the victim.
matt397 likes this.

"It's all jagged and jaded, but it suits us. We just fake it through."
broj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
..to pay the beels

skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Temporary sanity.
matt397, AxeHappy, Nile and 1 others like this.
skeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

Blind Theory is just really niceBlind Theory is just really nice
I find it entirely plausible that the father could have been so overcome with rage that he momentarily blacked out. I know that isn't something that has been suggested but I'm throwing it out there. I mean, just imagine, YOUR 4 year old daughter is being molested (or attempted to be molested) right in front of you by a man you supposedly know. Obviously there would be some trust built up as well since the dead man was allowed on the property to tend to the horses. It's a massive breach of trust and it just comes down to one thing: The dude tried to molest your daughter. If I was in that situation I guarantee I would not be able to control my actions due to anger. This father did what any father would do, I believe.
matt397, AxeHappy and marked like this.
Blind Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by broj15 View Post
As far as the fathers guilt, well it hard to say. While I don't think it was right for him to kill another person I can only imagine the blind rage that must have over taken him upon seeing what he saw. Its possible that he may not have been aware of just how hard he was hitting the victim.
In a situation like that I think that part of the brain that dictates right from wrong and self control would turn off temporarily. If he beat him within an inch of his life then strung em up in a tree in his front yard then yeah I guess I could see on some level that that would be considered "wrong" ( ) but the guy saw what he saw and defended his young. I'd be quite disappointed if he ends up serving any kind of time for this.
athawulf, AxeHappy and Mordacain like this.

Gsus died for your sins

Tell the people there's an invisible man in the sky that created the universe and the vast majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin
matt397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by broj15 View Post
This is an interesting case. I'm all for non violence, but if i was in the same situation I can't day I wouldn't have done the same. As far ad the fathers guilt, well it hard to say. While I don't think it was right for him to kill another person I can only imagine the blind rage that must have over taken him upon seeing what he saw. Its possible that he may not have been aware of just how hard he was hitting the victim.
It take less than a single PSI (apparently only about .3-.5 PSI) to kill someone with a strike to the temple. That's ridiculously easy for anyone to do on accident and is the most likely cause of the assailant's demise based on the minimal information we have.

I agree there was likely a blind rage component, but stopping short of killing someone is not something that anyone but a trained fighter is really able to do.
matt397 likes this.

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #12
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
How do they know theguy was really a child molester?
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
1-watt brigadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
How do they know theguy was really a child molester?
The father walked in on the assailant in the act of violating his 4 year old daughter, so he was directly protecting her safety.
matt397 and Nimgoble like this.

Unread 06-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Yeah, I dont blame him but how do we know hes not lying? I think its important to note who the victim was
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #15
Control The Sun

The Uncreator is just really niceThe Uncreator is just really nice
If what the father says is true, I believe the killing is "justified". He is protecting his family, his daughter, from quite possibly the worst thing imaginable. I don't have children but the thought of the situation makes me feel that no amount force is excessive force in something like that....

..If its true.
matt397 and Gothic Headhunter like this.

L A S C A I L L E 'S S H R O U D

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

YouTube

Facebook
The Uncreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #16
1-watt brigadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
Yeah, I dont blame him but how do we know hes not lying? I think its important to note who the victim was
We don't know he wasn't lying, but that's not how the justice system works. Can we prove he wasn't lying? Probably not... but the girl was treated at a hospital, ergo she would have been examined and the doctor can verify that she was assaulted. Fluids and fibers will bear out that it was either the assailant (or in a case of terribly shitty coverup job on the part of the father) the father.

The justice system works on what can be proven, or at least what theory can be supported by available evidence that a jury must agree is the most likely scenario.
matt397 likes this.

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Probably didn't mean to kill dude, but if you .... little kids you're kinda asking for *someone* to .... you up.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #18
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordacain View Post
We don't know he wasn't lying, but that's not how the justice system works. Can we prove he wasn't lying? Probably not... but the girl was treated at a hospital, ergo she would have been examined and the doctor can verify that she was assaulted. Fluids and fibers will bear out that it was either the assailant (or in a case of terribly shitty coverup job on the part of the father) the father.

The justice system works on what can be proven, or at least what theory can be supported by available evidence that a jury must agree is the most likely scenario.
First thing I saw: "FoxNews.com"
Second thing I saw: "... allegedly caught..."

Hadn't previously considered that the guy might not be a pedo, but I'd like to think you're right and the doctors/investigators can be trusted.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a name known to allflint757 is a name known to allflint757 is a name known to allflint757 is a name known to all
I can tell you if I saw someone molesting ANY child I'd grab a crowbar and there'd be no stopping me. Child molestation is one of the most disgusting worst single person crimes in existence IMO. (In other words excluding acts of terrorism, etc.)

No one will ever touch my children or nieces/nephews or cousins and live to brag about it tomorrow. Is that too far maybe, but it is a horrid crime and molesters are repeat offenders 9/10.

Mind you for this particular case he got what he deserved if this was the truth and not blown out of proportion, but I still stand by my statement that if I had indisutable proof or even witnessed said act the above would happen.
matt397, AxeHappy, fwd0120 and 3 others like this.

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #20
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
How anyone can judge someone on how they act in that situation is beyond me. I'd go apeshit if I saw any child molested, let alone my own kid. I can't comprehend what it must be like to witness that, and protecting your child in such a situation is human nature.
matt397, Mordacain and flint757 like this.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #21
1-watt brigadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
First thing I saw: "FoxNews.com"
Second thing I saw: "... allegedly caught..."

Hadn't previously considered that the guy might not be a pedo, but I'd like to think you're right and the doctors/investigators can be trusted.
No worries, I didn't actually look at the link here as I saw it on reddit a couple of hours ago and it had a more detailed report.
matt397 likes this.

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #22
Love-Matic Grampa

Electric Wizard is just really niceElectric Wizard is just really nice
I'm going to play devil's advocate and argue that the father may not be completely innocent. Be it an accident or intentional, a human died at his hands and there is more information needed than what is presented for people to start picking sides.

I think it's awfully presumptive to go around saying that this guy "got what he deserved." The details from the autopsy as well as the examination of the daughter are not known.

tl/dr: what stealth said.
matt397 and CannibalKiller like this.
Electric Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a name known to allflint757 is a name known to allflint757 is a name known to allflint757 is a name known to all
I think everyone would preface there hate for the dead guy on the assumption that it were true, but if it in fact wasn't then all hate would be retracted and redirected.
highlordmugfug and matt397 like this.

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #24
1-watt brigadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Wizard View Post
I'm going to play devil's advocate and argue that the father may not be completely innocent. Be it an accident or intentional, a human died at his hands and there is more information needed than what is presented for people to start picking sides.

I think it's awfully presumptive to go around saying that this guy "got what he deserved." The details from the autopsy as well as the examination of the daughter are not known.

tl/dr: what stealth said.
I don't think anyone is picking sides. Those who have stated that the assailant got he deserved have only done so with trepidation: ie if the facts line up with what information has been revealed to this point.

/Edit - Flint beeat me to it
matt397 and flint757 like this.

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #25
SS.org Regular

morrowcosom is a jewel in the rough
It is pretty ....ed up when civil rights groups interfere and attempt make this case seem more about if the dad intentionally beat the child molester to death rather than worrying about the child getting molested.

The father is going to get off scott-free whether the jury believes he intentionally beat the molester to death or not, because they will be placing themselves in the father's shoes. Texas isn't exactly liberal hippy world.

An overwhelming majority of the jury will love the fact that a child molester was killed.
morrowcosom is offline   Reply With Quote