homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree21Likes
  • 2 Post By 7 Strings of Hate
  • 4 Post By Stealthdjentstic
  • 4 Post By Necris
  • 6 Post By Explorer
  • 1 Post By The Reverend
  • 1 Post By bob123
  • 1 Post By Explorer
  • 2 Post By Sicarius

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Resident Cherokee

mr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
China Can Shut Down All The Telecom Gear It Sold To The US

I`m a pretty skeptical person,but.....

China Has The Ability To Shut Down All The Telecommunications Technology It Sold To America - Business Insider

I started out with Nothing,I still got some left...
mr_rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
And we buy all their crap. So it wouldnt make a whole lot of sense to .... your best customer.
ZEBOV and GuitaristOfHell like this.

Confront and Destroy!
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Cheeky China
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
Banned

ZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Strings of Hate View Post
And we buy all their crap. So it wouldnt make a whole lot of sense to .... your best customer.
That's what I was thinking.
Go ahead China. See if I care about the fact that millions of your people would try to kill you for ending their jobs.
ZEBOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
China is also the single largest holder of American debt. They own you.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm wondering if anyone actually read the article. It seems like fear-mongering to me more than anything but regardless the article stated it was a distinct possibility that they could do it in a time of war, not that they would just randomly do it because there was nothing better to do.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 01:29 AM   #7
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Interesting that a lot of that stuff was installed without testing it (according to the article).

And by interesting, I mean that I used to work for a company which built MIL-SPEC communications and radar gear and countermeasures, and that we would *always* run stuff through the full gamut of testing (including the shake-and-bake) so we knew it would work in the field, and I therefore doubt this story.

Also, if there was a deliberate effort to sabotage what was being sold to other countries, it doesn't take a genius to know that all monetary assets belonging to China and Chinese companies would be frozen while it was sorted out.

Lastly, given the poor internal controls over manufacturing quality in China, it would be impossible for China to suddenly have competence in this area.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 01:48 AM   #8
Banned

ZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to all
^After reading that post, I call bullshit on China.
Obviously, that would be during war if China tried such a thing, but the people working in those factories would suddenly not have income, and therefore no food. I think all those people would be angry enough to revolt against their government, considering that their choices are either starve to death or probably die trying to overthrow their government. Dying from being shot to death or blown up is better than starving to death.
ZEBOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #9
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEBOV View Post
^After reading that post, I call bullshit on China.
Obviously, that would be during war if China tried such a thing, but the people working in those factories would suddenly not have income, and therefore no food. I think all those people would be angry enough to revolt against their government, considering that their choices are either starve to death or probably die trying to overthrow their government. Dying from being shot to death or blown up is better than starving to death.
I hate to be that guy, but...

How do YOU know?

Explorer likes this.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #10
Fapping to J-rock

Murmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^
Well, starving to death is probably quite painful, and takes time. While getting blown up just ends it right away.
However, if you were to survive that grenade they threw at you.. Then I'd rather be starving

Schecters don't have baseball bat necks.
Get the .... over it.

"I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." -metallisuk

Shono, forever and always.
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necris View Post
I'm wondering if anyone actually read the article. It seems like fear-mongering to me more than anything but regardless the article stated it was a distinct possibility that they could do it in a time of war, not that they would just randomly do it because there was nothing better to do.
That's all it is.

China would need a VASTLY superior satellite network to even begin thinking about doing this. The best china has done is hack 2 WEATHER satellites in 07 and 08.

UCS Satellite Database | Union of Concerned Scientists
Explorer likes this.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.
So, I talked to someone who remains active in communications, radar and jamming gear design and manufacture this morning, and got a funny answer. (I didn't record his answer, but the following is fairly close to his actual words.)

"Product piracy is rampant in China, with them producing material for internal sale and usage which is identical to what foreign companies pay them to build for export. Their design industry sucks, so they generally stick with the designs submitted by foreign companies when fabricating. If they build in design flaws which can render items useless, then their own internal items have those same design flaws.

"It sounds like some parties are picturing manufacturing and design prowess as being at the level of Mission: Imposible, instead of it being a grubby factory system with workers being exploited. That system is not only why the Chinese wouldn't be able to implement a scheme like this, redesigning an entire circuit to insert a failure device into chips which already have a completed design layout and just need to be manufactured. That same system is why Americans are willing to buy the fruits of what is often a slave labor system, due to the price."

"For all that Americans talk about freedom, we'd rather spend less than worry about some 5-year-old being a slave to build our cheap music players, computers or cellphones."
AxeHappy likes this.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
Reggie J Worthington

Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Backdoor Found In China-Made US Military Chip? - Slashdot

This article on slashdot is probably what this article was partially influenced by.

Before people get into a tizzy about the Reds, please, take the time to read a little further, and to overlook articles written with obvious panic inducing headlines.
Powermetalbass and bob123 like this.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Sicarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
I don't think any of that is true.

At all.

.... you, China.
Hemi-Powered Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
Nothing to see here

-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post

More like they own 7.5% of us. Not to deny the magnitude of that sum of money, or that it carries political clout, but it's not like the Chinese government could leverage that debt to collapse the US economy or other such silliness. Frankly they don't want to, the US and Chinese economies are pretty much symbiotic at this point, and China is not an explicitly expansionist nation. They want security: politically, militarily and economically. They have no qualms about playing dirty to get what they want, but I doubt the Chinese government has delusions of conquest or world domination.
-42- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #16
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
China is smart enough not to. I'm sure they remember what we did to Japan. Pretty sure the US ( as we often do) will over react and .... them up. Bottom line China knows if they do our military will hand them their asses.

If You're selling a Gibson Explorer PM Me!

Proud gear owner of:
Schecter V-1 ATX with passive duncans
Takamine EG 431 SC (something like that)
1994 Peavey bandit 112 combo/ head
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Boss GT8
MXR ZW OD and that's all folks!
GuitaristOfHell is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #17
Resident Cherokee

mr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to behold
China's Move Away from the U.S. Dollar Means You Need to Invest in the Yuan - Money Morning

China Moving Away from the Dollar – More News About the Emerging Giant - FTMdaily.com | FTMdaily.com

china has been slowly unplugging itself from the us dollar for a while now,and making a run on gold and scrap metals.

I started out with Nothing,I still got some left...
mr_rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #18
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
Even if that were true, what would they do if we simply defaulted on the debt?

Nothing.

On-topic:

There have been a few sneaky things China has done, but I seriously doubt they could simply shut down all of our current tele communications.

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Chickenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #19
Bangs head here

Imbrium998 is just really niceImbrium998 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
http://exclusiveeconomy.com/wp-conte..._sept_2010.png

More like they own 7.5% of us. Not to deny the magnitude of that sum of money, or that it carries political clout, but it's not like the Chinese government could leverage that debt to collapse the US economy or other such silliness. Frankly they don't want to, the US and Chinese economies are pretty much symbiotic at this point, and China is not an explicitly expansionist nation. They want security: politically, militarily and economically. They have no qualms about playing dirty to get what they want, but I doubt the Chinese government has delusions of conquest or world domination.
Nice graphic, but that is US Government debt...not private debt. Think about all of the private enterprise that China HAS purchased over recent years.

A prime example of Chinese scooping up good deals would be something like this:
Geely - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

True story
Imbrium998 is offline   Reply With Quote