homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Metal_Webb
  • 5 Post By GuitaristOfHell
  • 2 Post By Necris
  • 2 Post By texshred777
  • 1 Post By BucketheadRules
  • 1 Post By GuitaristOfHell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cool Sentenced to death for singing at a wedding and more.

Sentenced to death for singing at wedding WTF News - WTF Funny News by WTF People

Student, 18, banned from school bus after 'stopping the bullying of girl with mental disabilities' WTF News - WTF Funny News by WTF People

The wedding one alone I find odd. Man am I lucky my country doesn't do that.

The second one however I plain just don't get.

Dog follows cyclists for 1,100 miles WTF News - WTF Funny News by WTF People
However this one is funny

House Cat vs. Mountain Lion - Animal Planet: Animal Oddities
GuitaristOfHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Needs more strings

Metal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That school bus one makes me rather

The girl got punished for being mature and responsible and stopping a wrongdoing from occurring.

No wonder kids these days don't have any sense of right or wrong if shit like that's going on.
AxeHappy and flint757 like this.

"By the way, melted binding looks like marshmallow. But it really doesn't taste like it." - MapleLeaf97
Metal_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Webb View Post
That school bus one makes me rather

The girl got punished for being mature and responsible and stopping a wrongdoing from occurring.

No wonder kids these days don't have any sense of right or wrong if shit like that's going on.
Yeah. I think that's why some people these days are scared to do "the right thing". Someone's going to squish them for standing up for what they think of as a humane thing to do. Some thing tells me this may go to court or at least I hope it does. Many school systems such as mine do similar things.

I got "in trouble" once because of self defense even when people even said the kid bit me, yeah BIT me . I got bit on the back and I decked him ( this was in 6th grade but still). If someone try's to hurt you/ corners you I think you should have the right to hit back to get out of there rather than wait for a teacher who is not even paying attention and get continuously either beaten or harassed like that.
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Needs more strings

Metal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of light
What's the teacher going to do anyway? Shout at the attacker?

Oh, so effective

"By the way, melted binding looks like marshmallow. But it really doesn't taste like it." - MapleLeaf97
Metal_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Schools in no way care about the well being of their students, much less setting an example for them. They don't care that a mentally disabled girl was being bullied and taken advantage of; they care far more about how, by stepping in, the girl who helped her made them look bad. They can no longer make a claim they made an effort to step in and stop it.
highlordmugfug and AxeHappy like this.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Melodic Mamma Jamma

JStraitiff is a jewel in the rough
Something tells me the school bus one isnt telling the whole story.

JStraitiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
The Optimist Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStraitiff View Post
Possibly. We almost never get the full story on anything.
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necris View Post
Schools in no way care about the well being of their students, much less setting an example for them. They don't care that a mentally disabled girl was being bullied and taken advantage of; they care far more about how, by stepping in, the girl who helped her made them look bad. They can no longer make a claim they made an effort to step in and stop it.
Pretty much. Schools are all about their own image. Statistics and whatnot. They don't care about the welfare of students as long as they shutup and don't make the joint look bad.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
I hate this state, I really do. Especially the public schools.
Hemi-Powered Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStraitiff View Post
Probably, but Florida is weird in that we we're partially transparent for everything. It stems from the fact that because we've always had two extremes in the political spectrum in this state that laws get passed that partially contradict existing laws to the point where it's one jumbled mess, so it's just come down to the point where the government only has to reveal a portion of the truth. Combine that with the fact that WTF News no doubt has a bias to try and make things sound as ridiculous as possible anything could have happened.
Hemi-Powered Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Id LOVE to know the whole story behind these.

18 year old on a middle school bus.... hmm....
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Id LOVE to know the whole story behind these.

18 year old on a middle school bus.... hmm....
Lots of schools that I've been to (note: I moved ~9 times from elementary to the end of middle school thanks to my mom being in a traveling nurse program) have both middle and high schoolers on the same buses, at least from time to time.
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

texshred777 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitaristOfHell View Post
Yeah. I think that's why some people these days are scared to do "the right thing". Someone's going to squish them for standing up for what they think of as a humane thing to do. Some thing tells me this may go to court or at least I hope it does. Many school systems such as mine do similar things.

I got "in trouble" once because of self defense even when people even said the kid bit me, yeah BIT me . I got bit on the back and I decked him ( this was in 6th grade but still). If someone try's to hurt you/ corners you I think you should have the right to hit back to get out of there rather than wait for a teacher who is not even paying attention and get continuously either beaten or harassed like that.
I remember around the time I got into late middle and early high school the "zero tolerance" policies started going into effect. My father had a shit fit. He's a marine, raised me to be a man and not a victim, and had me in martial arts training for years. We were nearly filed on for assault(and sued) because in defense I kicked a guy in the ribs..happened to break a rib.

I personally believe these zero tolerance policies are what's making the bullying situation so bad. No one can stand up for themself. Luckily I managed to talk my way out of future encounters and have a clean record.

With that in mind, I too will teach my son that if he's defending himself he won't be in trouble with me. Regardless of what the school says.
texshred777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #14
Green guitar addict

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
.... me with a rake, that's incredibly depressing.

As I always say when shit like this happens... the human race has progressed so far as a species but we still have outmoded, intolerant bullshit like this happening and at first glance it just doesn't compute. I think I know what we can trace it back to as well... a combination of demented religious fundamentalism and a healthy dose of bloodlust (although maybe those are just two sides of the same coin)...

In fact, the more I think about it the more I realise that so, so many of the horrible articles which get linked to in this part of the forum can be traced back to religion (usually fundamentalist), and that it really is responsible for so many of the monstrous acts of evil in the world. The world really would be a better place had religion never come to exist. We don't need it. In fact, we'd be better without it. It's a millstone round the neck of the human race.
AxeHappy likes this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ConnorFGuitar?feature=mhee

You can thank me later. Or throw stones, it's your call.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious...
BucketheadRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #15
The Optimist Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketheadRules View Post
.... me with a rake, that's incredibly depressing.

As I always say when shit like this happens... the human race has progressed so far as a species but we still have outmoded, intolerant bullshit like this happening and at first glance it just doesn't compute. I think I know what we can trace it back to as well... a combination of demented religious fundamentalism and a healthy dose of bloodlust (although maybe those are just two sides of the same coin)...

In fact, the more I think about it the more I realise that so, so many of the horrible articles which get linked to in this part of the forum can be traced back to religion (usually fundamentalist), and that it really is responsible for so many of the monstrous acts of evil in the world. The world really would be a better place had religion never come to exist. We don't need it. In fact, we'd be better without it. It's a millstone round the neck of the human race.
Amen, but religion isn't all bad it's just the extremists who take it too far. Your average christian, jew, arab probably wouldn't go out of there way to do such acts.
BucketheadRules likes this.
Unread 06-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #16
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitaristOfHell View Post
Amen, but religion isn't all bad it's just the extremists who take it too far. Your average christian, jew, arab probably wouldn't go out of there way to do such acts.
I agree with your point, unfortunately, fundamentalists are not criticized enough by your average Abrahamic religions follower for doing heinous things in the name of religion so there tends to be an over-abundance of extremist nutjobs in positions of power.

If every moderate (read: the majority of people the world over, not the political interpretation) just outright condemned fundamentalists / extremists and kept them out of positions of power, we might not ever see this sort of nonsense.

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #17
The Optimist Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordacain View Post
I agree with your point, unfortunately, fundamentalists are not criticized enough by your average Abrahamic religions follower for doing heinous things in the name of religion so there tends to be an over-abundance of extremist nutjobs in positions of power.

If every moderate (read: the majority of people the world over, not the political interpretation) just outright condemned fundamentalists / extremists and kept them out of positions of power, we might not ever see this sort of nonsense.
yeah like over here where we have an extremist christian group known as the WestBuro Baptist Church who protest at funerals against gay rights. It's just once big
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
extremist get into power because they are far more passionate than moderates, it is our fault they get in for this very reason. As an example I think I'd make a good politician, but I have ZERO desire to ever be a politician. It doesn't help that in terms of ratings politicians are usually below car salesman in terms of honesty and integrity.

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
Green guitar addict

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
The other thing is - when extremists are criticised, religious people often see them as straw men - while they obviously condemn the extremity of their actions, they reason that the vast majority of religious people aren't like that.

And that's true, but the fact is that extremists are the ones who get the publicity - it's not a straw-man case as is often argued, because the moderates don't get the media attention despite being in the huge majority.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ConnorFGuitar?feature=mhee

You can thank me later. Or throw stones, it's your call.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious...
BucketheadRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #20
SS.org Regular

avenger is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

This is how I pictured the wedding going down.

avenger is offline   Reply With Quote