homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Stream of verbal diarrhea (hilarious homophobic rant content)

Quote:
Video footage of a surprisingly graphic, homophobic rant has gone viral in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) blogosphere in the wake of this week's non-discrimination ordinance proposal hearings in Lincoln, Neb.

Originally featured on Towleroad, the clip features a woman identified as Jane Svoboda, who offers a series of bizarre observations on gay sex, HIV/AIDS, Hillary Clinton and even Judas Iscariot as she denounces the "Fairness Ordinance," a measure that would add sexual orientation and gender identity to the city’s non-discrimination law, in her testimony.

"P-E-N-I-S goes into the anus to rupture intestines," Svoboda notes. "The more a man does this, the more likely he'll be a fatality or a homicider."

After stating that "a huge percent of gay men in school grounds molest boys, partly because they don't have AIDS yet," she adds, "Hillary Clinton's roommate four years in college was a gay woman. To avoid going gay like Clinton did, college students need single rooms and single gender dorms...A college woman is seduced with illegal Rohypnol to go gay."

And finally, she proclaims, "Jesus was kissed by Judas, a homo, who tried to sabotage Jesus' kind ideas. Do you choose Jesus, a celibate, or Judas, a homo? You have to choose!"

UPDATE: The Lincoln Journal Star is reporting that Svoboda lives at an assisted-living facility in Lincoln and has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Her brother, Patrick Svoboda, is her conservator because she is incompetent, according to the publication.
The city council is expected to vote on the measure May 14. Other authorities have been considerably less critical of the proposal. "Dynamic cities have three things: technology, talent and tolerance," former Lincoln Sen. David Landis is quoted by LGBTQ Nation as saying. "Those cities are magnets for creative people to come and live. The fairness amendment is consistent with the most leading-edge data on what is good for a city."
Quitty likes this.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
OH LAWD.

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
P-E-N-I-S

I died.

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What did I just watch..
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
I like how she reads it like its all totally legit too.
Randy likes this.
Unread 05-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
In brightest day...

OrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to all
What the ....?

Also, the guys facial expressions in the background were priceless. I even think the old lady sitting next to him thought this lady was bat-shit crazy.
highlordmugfug and Edika like this.

Single humbucker with maple fretboards.
OrsusMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
In brightest day...

OrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to all
Yep, that old lady did think she was bat-shit crazy.

Randy and highlordmugfug like this.

Single humbucker with maple fretboards.
OrsusMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Let's be honest, the woman should have never been up there. Shame on her brother for allowing her to get into that situation.
pink freud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
Wound tight

Nimgoble is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
SHE HAS A FEW GOOD POINTS. :|

...wtf did I just watch?
Nimgoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #10
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.
HeHasTheJazzHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #11
Augminished Studio

Augminished is a glorious beacon of lightAugminished is a glorious beacon of lightAugminished is a glorious beacon of light

The dude in the first video could barely keep it together.

Check out my Facebook: Augminished-Studio

Augminished is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #12
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, THE .....
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #13
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Presentation is everything. Put her in a priests robes, stand her at the head of a church and watch the congregation just nod their heads through her speech. Although she's clearly suffering from a mental disorder many of the ideas she brought up are perfectly in step with conservative christian views.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 02:50 AM   #14
All Fourths Advocate

Waelstrum is just really niceWaelstrum is just really nice
That poor woman...
I hope people don't judge her on this video, she is clearly not of sound mind.
Waelstrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #15
Djenderbender

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necris View Post
Presentation is everything. Put her in a priests robes, stand her at the head of a church and watch the congregation just nod their heads through her speech. Although she's clearly suffering from a mental disorder many of the ideas she brought up are perfectly in step with conservative christian views.
The amount of truth in this terrifies me. :/
Sad part is that I've seen it happen with my own two eyes, and in every church I have ever attended...

"Statement 1: Animals of two different species (not to mention entirely different orders) is now considered natural.
Statement 2: Man is an animal.
Statement 3: I'm booking a flight to Antarctica.
Statement 4: None of your damn business why." -Xaios

Seeking donations for a proper funeral for my niece:
http://www.gofundme.com/cyt3rk
Money goes to my sister, not me. I'm just managing the page for them while they grieve.
tacotiklah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #16
El' Lamo

hutchman is just really nicehutchman is just really nice
What the actual ..... I didn't think this shit existed anymore, not at this level of ignorance. This woman has to be mentally challenged. It's the only explanation.
flint757 likes this.

Your guitar playing should be like a pussy......... tight.
http://www.facebook.com/index.php?eu...825821?ref=sgm
Check it ooot!!!
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #17
SS.org Regular

Edika is a name known to allEdika is a name known to allEdika is a name known to allEdika is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In democracy people have the right to express their views however much we disagree with them and even if they have mental problems. The problem is when views that are unfounded and illogical gain popularity and may cause prosecution to a certain part of the population.

Too bad for the old lady, even though her paranoia is founded in some beliefs of hers exaggerated. As other people said the sad part is that you may hear sane people having these kinds of beliefs.

New songs from my band Semic Stains up at:

http://www.myspace.com/semicstains

Check 'em out!
Edika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #18
Classy
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink freud View Post
Let's be honest, the woman should have never been up there. Shame on her brother for allowing her to get into that situation.
You know, I still partially agree with you said but I spent the last day digesting this more.

She gets some leeway for the fact she's clearly documented as having a mental defect, however... that doesn't mean that's a free pass. There's enough competent stringing together of thoughts based on observations and research, she was capable of digesting the subject matter of the legislation being discussed and finding her way to this public forum (as well as waiting, recognizing when she was being called and responding). She's not a total vegetable, there's nuance to her condition and should be handled as such.

It raises an interesting question, however. Where do we draw the line on holding our tongue about what people say/do because of their diagnosed mental condition?

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 05-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #19
Powermetalbassist

Powermetalbass will become famous soon enough
Whitney houston? I'm pretty sure she was a woman, and her boyfriend used to beat her! whats that got to do with LGBT?
Powermetalbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
Djenderbender

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Having an uncle that is schizophrenic, I've heard him make some pretty ridiculous claims like he taught Chuck Yeager to fly while my uncle was still six years old. It angers me, but yeah, I have to give her leeway. They really don't know what they are saying, and in this case, it has the potential to be harmful to others. Shame on her brother indeed. But I still view those with mental disorders as people and as such, still worthy of human rights such as freedom of public speech. In the end though, who is crazier? The schizophrenic that can't help it, or the brainwashed people that will support this, despite having the ability to make a conscious decision about what they are doing? My money is on the latter...

"Statement 1: Animals of two different species (not to mention entirely different orders) is now considered natural.

Money goes to my sister, not me. I'm just managing the page for them while they grieve.
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
Classy
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstofperdition View Post
They really don't know what they are saying
Too fine a point on it, IMO. There are varying degrees of schizophrenia. In all of her prepared statements, she said some silly things but she didn't say anything like Abraham Lincoln visited her in the bathroom and his beard turned into an egg salad sandwich that beamed her to Mars or something. About 90% of what she said are things that rank and file bigots say all the time. You can't just say this woman is just completely unaware of everything and gets a free pass.

Anyway, moving off of picking on the woman (who, I'll admit, is obviously sick) is the fact that, at a minimum, she's parroting hate-speech she's heard elsewhere. As has been said previously in this thread, it says a lot about the state of things that what this woman strung together is only a shade or two worse than the norm.
highlordmugfug likes this.

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #22
Djenderbender

Oh don't misunderstand me, I said leeway and not a free pass and for the reasons that you mentioned. I just feel that this could all lead to an argument in favor of stripping mentally ill people of rights and I defend the crazies just as much as I defend the gays.

Should she be held accountable for her words? To an extent, absolutely. But there were nuggets of complete what the ....ery that showed her condition was obvious. I've heard conservative bigots use tactics like "gays are pedos" and other,disgusting things, but the logic in "sticking your penis in another mans intestines will make them murderers" is so out there that only the truly crazy right would touch that.
Randy, highlordmugfug and flint757 like this.

Unread 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #23
Banned

Just throw her in a mental hospital and be done with it.
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #24
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstofperdition View Post
Oh don't misunderstand me, I said leeway and not a free pass and for the reasons that you mentioned. I just feel that this could all lead to an argument in favor of stripping mentally ill people of rights and I defend the crazies just as much as I defend the gays.

Should she be held accountable for her words? To an extent, absolutely. But there were nuggets of complete what the ....ery that showed her condition was obvious. I've heard conservative bigots use tactics like "gays are pedos" and other,disgusting things, but the logic in "sticking your penis in another mans intestines will make them homiciders" is so out there that only the truly crazy right would touch that.
Fix'd.
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:07 AM   #25
Djenderbender

Fair point dude. I just took it as redneck for murderer.
highlordmugfug likes this.