homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #26
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENCHLORD View Post
Osama Obama
Quoted for posterity.

I'm not going to touch that bait, but I'm sure somebody will.
Konfyouzd and Bigfan like this.

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #27
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
Quoted for posterity.

Ya that title is just a little racist and has no relevance to his success and/or lack of success. I'm slightly disappointed.

Having said that I don't take peoples political perspectives seriously when they bandwagon on to the next best choice of party candidate when one dethrones and that's on either side. It shows a lack of actual effort politically, but that is just my opinion so grain of salt kind of thing, but I hear that all the time...

I personally hate all the candidates including Obama and am waiting to find out who the official 3rd party choices are. Everyone says they'd vote 3rd, but they will never garner enough support. The funny thing is I hear a LOT of people say that which means the support is there, but people are just under the mindset that it is impossible (it isn't we have been brainwashed/convinced that it is). At one point the republican part was a "3rd party" it is the mentality of too big to fail. Media plays a part in that for sure like rarely commenting on Ron Paul (whether you like him or not, I don't) to make him seem like an impossibility as well.

Politics is nothing, but a big circle jerk that corporate america pays to watch.

[EDIT]
He may manage companies, but he himself tries to avoid paying taxes. He pays less taxes than most middle class citizens and he gets some of it back since he is paying his own paycheck. That dude (Romney) is a rich asshole who flip flops more than a fish on a deck. Newt I think is clinically insane and Obama has no backbone (and makes way too big of promises that no one could possible keep). Out of the Rep candidates and Obama if I had zero choice out of the bunch I'd vote Paul, but I'd rather not since his states right mentality has too many negative effects and promotes a lot of racism (possibly accidental). Honestly, it'd probably make the financial situation across America worse as well, but that is more of a wait and see thing since I have no way of really knowing.

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #28
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm sorry to play Devil's Advocate here again, but I have a really difficult time listening to people talk about how "the media" "ignores" Ron Paul. Dude was at almost all of the debates, had his name listed in almost all of the polls, was on most of the ballots (in the States for which his campaign complied with local campaign registration requirements), etc. He had just as much exposure as the other candidates, and he had just as much a chance to win the party nod as anyone else. What he didn't have, was the backing of his peers within his own party.

Claims otherwise kinda look like sour grapes, to me.

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #29
Djenderbender

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Quoted for posterity.

I saw that too.
Because anyone with the name of Barack is a muslim extremist that orders people to fly planes into crowded buildings. Way to cheapen the deaths of 9/11 victims in the same vein that people cheapen the deaths of holocaust victims by invoking Hitler's name for every lame, trivial thing that irritates you.

I do find it interesting that I'm seeing some "well my candidate choice failed miserably, so I'm just gonna throw my support to the guy that seems most likely to win" mentality here. Kinda like "hey my favorite NFL team is out of the playoffs this season, so my new favorite team is gonna be whoever wins the division championship and heads to the super bowl".
At least Ron Paul supporters support the man regardless of him never winning a nomination no matter how many times he tries. I'll give 'em that much....
(kinda like and my support for the Raiders despite the fact they do very little to wow anybody anymore. )

As for the OP:
I'm kinda sad actually. With Santorum getting the nomination, Obama was pretty much guaranteed a landslide victory. With Mittens around, Obama might actually have to work a little. Not much, but some.
I suppose the silver lining is that there is now a snowball's chance in hell of Santorum becoming prez this election. That thought does make me a little giddy inside.

And I think that Obama is being smart as hell about all of this by hanging back and letting the repubs kill each other off. People like Bill Clinton would've felt the need to chime in on it every five seconds, but Obama is just keeping busy with matters that actually matter and leaving the political fighting to the crazies. Kudos for that!

"Statement 1: Animals of two different species (not to mention entirely different orders) is now considered natural.
Statement 2: Man is an animal.
Statement 3: I'm booking a flight to Antarctica.
Statement 4: None of your damn business why." -Xaios
tacotiklah is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #30
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I'm sorry to play Devil's Advocate here again, but I have a really difficult time listening to people talk about how "the media" "ignores" Ron Paul. Dude was at almost all of the debates, had his name listed in almost all of the polls, was on most of the ballots (in the States for which his campaign complied with local campaign registration requirements), etc. He had just as much exposure as the other candidates, and he had just as much a chance to win the party nod as anyone else. What he didn't have, was the backing of his peers within his own party.

Claims otherwise kinda look like sour grapes, to me.
I'm not mad

I'm not a part of the Paul fan club so your good, but whenever I watch TV news I rarely see him mentioned and on yahoo there are a lot of articles on the other candidates so that is merely my perception. I don't watch Republican primary debates because I don't agree with any of their rhetoric's.

I wish Santorum was in just to continue the bloodbath.

They have done a good enough job at making each other completely unelectable for more neutral voters IMO. They spent more time these last few months tearing each other new assholes repeatedly than actually campaigning for why they deserve the honor of being our president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstofperdition View Post
I saw that too.
Because anyone with the name of Barack is a muslim extremist that orders people to fly planes into crowded buildings. Way to cheapen the deaths of 9/11 victims in the same vein that people cheapen the deaths of holocaust victims by invoking Hitler's name for every lame, trivial thing that irritates you.

I do find it interesting that I'm seeing some "well my candidate choice failed miserably, so I'm just gonna throw my support to the guy that seems most likely to win" mentality here. Kinda like "hey my favorite NFL team is out of the playoffs this season, so my new favorite team is gonna be whoever wins the division championship and heads to the super bowl".
At least Ron Paul supporters support the man regardless of him never winning a nomination no matter how many times he tries. I'll give 'em that much....

As for the OP:
I'm kinda sad actually. With Santorum getting the nomination, Obama was pretty much guaranteed a landslide victory. With Mittens around, Obama might actually have to work a little. Not much, but some.
I suppose the silver lining is that there is now a snowball's chance in hell of Santorum becoming prez this election. That thought does make me a little giddy inside.

And I think that Obama is being smart as hell about all of this by hanging back and letting the repubs kill each other off. People like Bill Clinton would've felt the need to chime in on it every five seconds, but Obama is just keeping busy with matters that actually matter and leaving the political fighting to the crazies. Kudos for that!
Yeah he's letting themselves churn blood in the water. They were all so worried about winning the Republican ticket they didn't consider the damage they were doing towards their future chances. Most of the things they have againt Obama (and I by no means find him perfect) are ludicrous assumptions about the "future" of america. Because America was so much better under our last republican presidency.

All I ever hear Romney say is under Obama you won't have a job after college, under me you will. That is so explanatory it nearly blows my mind.

The funniest thing about politics to me is everyone is under this false assumption that they have the winning answers.

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 04-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #31
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I have nothing to say ab anyones politics since my life feels pretty the same no matter who our figure head is and no matter how much ppl try to scare me into thinking otherwise. That said, I like Obama; on a personal level Obama seems like the coolest person and his wife is a down ass bitch. A lot of the republican candidates seem either less than genuine (not to say them dems are saints) or overly concerned w legislating morality.
VBCheeseGrater likes this.

Konfyouzd is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #32
Trem Snob

CapinCripes is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Headhunter View Post
Somewhere, Dave Mustaine is loosing his mind.
wait he hasn't already?

New blood on Falcon turf.. You're gunna look like cooked Spaghetti!
CapinCripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #33
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
I have nothing to say ab anyones politics since my life feels pretty the same no matter who our figure head is and no matter how much ppl try to scare me into thinking otherwise. That said, I like Obama; on a personal level Obama seems like the coolest person and his wife is a down ass bitch. A lot of the republican candidates seem either less than genuine (not to say them dems are saints) or overly concerned w legislating morality.
I can agree with that Obama seems like a cool dude to just go out and have a drink with whereas our current candidates all seem like they are squeezing prune juice out their asses.

Yeah as long as I have a job, can get my education, can have affordable living and do what I want I'm happy and under the last 4 presidents (my entire existence) I have been able to do all those things with no problem.

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 04-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #34
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
@Cripes - I see what you did there.

Konfyouzd is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #35
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #36
Born on a Monday

Gothic Headhunter is just really niceGothic Headhunter is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapinCripes View Post
wait he hasn't already?
If he doesn't give Broderick atleast one solo on each song, then he's crazier than Jack Nicholson in "The Shining"
Gothic Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #37
Djenderbender

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint757 View Post
I can agree with that Obama seems like a cool dude to just go out and have a drink with whereas our current candidates all seem like they are squeezing prune juice out their asses.

Yeah as long as I have a job, can get my education, can have affordable living and do what I want I'm happy and under the last 4 presidents (my entire existence) I have been able to do all those things with no problem.

Pretty much. The holy roller attitude makes me sick to my stomach because you know it's so goddamn fake. Be real and be yourself and I will respect you more. Candidates especially. I need to know what kind of personality my vote is gonna put into office. The last thing I wanna do is give someone with a crazy, fanatical, and bigoted viewpoint of the world access to nuclear launch codes/executive power over nuclear arsenals.

(I can just imagine Santorum calling up Iranian leaders and scream into the secure phone "SKYNET AIN'T GOT SHIT. ON. ME!!!" all Denzel Washington-like before ordering the launch. )

And pretty much I want the same things dude. Though my needs differ because mine would include the right to use the women's restroom without discrimination, find a job without discrimination, and basically do most anything relatively free of discrimination. Oh and marry whoever I want.
Would be nice if ganja was legal too, but it's not a major requirement for me.

@Ben
I wanna give you rep for that, but it won't let me until I rep somebody else first.
Just shared that pic with American Progressive Politics on fb and they wanna post it. Nice work dude....
flint757 likes this.

"Statement 1: Animals of two different species (not to mention entirely different orders) is now considered natural.
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #38
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
IT's fine chica, you've given me FAR more rep than I deserve at the moment All credit goes to Tumblr, specifically ihopericksantorum.tumblr.com

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #39
Djenderbender

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
IT's fine chica, you've given me FAR more rep than I deserve at the moment All credit goes to Tumblr, specifically ihopericksantorum.tumblr.com

Yeah, I thought it was cool that a big liberal page like A.P.P. digs your pic so much. They were about dying from laughter in the response I got back from them.

Unread 04-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #40
SS.org Regular

Levi79 is a glorious beacon of lightLevi79 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
It's ironic because usually its the pulling out that causes santorum.
Levi79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #41
Djenderbender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi79 View Post
It's ironic because usually its the pulling out that causes santorum.

I like the way this guy thinks.

Konfyouzd, Levi79 and flint757 like this.

Unread 04-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #42
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
Well, I can't see how he had any shot at the nomination anyway, he suffered the same problem as all rep candidates this time (possibly with the exception of John Huntsman); too much crazy. It's a shame how the moderates get drowned out by all the insane militia-types, some of them also seems to be determined to bring about judgement day by means of nuclear winter.

Nah, Obama is going to win. Not because he earned it, but because of the alternative.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #43
came and went

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingLight7 View Post
inb4 liberals tear you a new asshole.
They don't have time for me. They stay busy tearing each others .

Besides, I'm wearing my chastity butt-belt lol.
TRENCHLORD is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #44
Djenderbender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENCHLORD View Post
They don't have time for me. They stay busy tearing each others .

Besides, I'm wearing my chastity butt-belt lol.
Trololololololol!!!!!

Make all the gay jokes you want, at least my support didn't go to a man whose very name has the following definition

Quote:
"that frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex."

(Pro Tip: Gay men aren't usually attracted to homophobic right-wingers, so you're still forever alone. Tough break man... )
Bigfan likes this.

Unread 04-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #45
Dr.Poopyalligator

poopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hahaha Genius!!

My main setup:
Ibanez uv7bk green dot, Engl fireball 60, genz benz g flex 2x12.
poopyalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 02:11 AM   #46
came and went

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstofperdition View Post
Trololololololol!!!!!

Make all the gay jokes you want, at least my support didn't go to a man whose very name has the following definition

(Pro Tip: Gay men aren't usually attracted to homophobic right-wingers, so you're still forever alone. Tough break man... )

That was a reference to democratic party infighting .
It was used in the exact same context as the Quote to which I was replying.

Ghost, I think your mind is in the gutter today .
Unread 04-11-2012, 02:25 AM   #47
Djenderbender

Right......

Ambiguous post was kinda ambiguous.

(I will give you props for it though since it does have the potential to make me look like a jackass. )

Unread 04-11-2012, 04:55 AM   #48
SS.org Regular

areyna21 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Glad that this guy is out of the race but i don't think that makes Romney the automatic winner. All the delegates are estimates from the AP and the numbers don't paint an honest picture. With some states being win all and some being proportional only a certain amount of votes are for sure the first round of voting. If a candidate fails to receive the 1,144 votes than another vote is taken. At this time the people who were forced to vote because of the winner take all process now get to vote for who they want not who they are forced to. I am a Ron Paul supporter for many reasons of my own but i do not need to push that on anyone. Just want everyone to realize that it really is far from over and the more Ron Paul stays in the race the more he splits and changes the republican party. No matter if he wins his campaign and theology will have imprinted itself on our history and politics of the future.
areyna21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:11 AM   #49
came and went

He needs (RP) to spearhead his own 3rd party movement I think.
I know it wouldn't have a good effect for the GOP this genaral election, which is why he should wait until just after the inaguratiuon to start mass fund raising.
He really needs to find a good figure head who can finish their sentences, lol.

edit; maybe his son Rand? lololol
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #50
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Although I think Romney's social policies would be ....ed, he is a pretty smart guy, I really have trouble figuring out his proposed cap gains tax cut though. Makes 0 sense.

Also.. @ RP. Really? I know he would never be able to pull off his gold standard bullshit but anyone who believes in that should not be in a position of power. Island scenario ftw
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote