homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Blake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
US Attorney General Eric Holder's Ballot to Vote Offered to Total Stranger

Holy crap

Blake1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

Ibanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of lightIbanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of lightIbanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of light
bumping this because people need to understand just how easy this really is.
Blake1970 likes this.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Wr...22806487780403 <--- photo page, click it, and maybe like????
The horror that was that video made my bowels explode in an inhuman fashion that scared me, my dog, and the bird in the tree outside my room window-Insackclothandashes
Ibanezsam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
that's ....ed, the system is flawed

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
People, please consider the source of this video.
pink freud is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

Blake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of light
The current voting system is flawed.
Blake1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

Ibanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of lightIbanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of lightIbanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink freud View Post
People, please consider the source of this video.
really? because I can do the exact same thing provided I have the street address of the person I am claiming to be (females excluded), because that's how the rules are written. I have voted in every election (local, state, national) since I was 18, never once been asked for an I.D. could've said i was my brother, the next door neighbor or anyone is my voting district and all they do is check the list to make sure I'm at the correct polling station (they don't even check it off to show that I've already been to the polls).
Blake1970 likes this.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Wr...22806487780403 <--- photo page, click it, and maybe like????
The horror that was that video made my bowels explode in an inhuman fashion that scared me, my dog, and the bird in the tree outside my room window-Insackclothandashes
Ibanezsam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
Reggie J Worthington

Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Hasn't it been proven that the actual amount of voter fraud that happens in this country is extremely small?

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Sicarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Okay, you can do it but why?

There are several points to consider

1.) You obviously can't show up in a polling place and vote multiple times. They'd recognize you.

2.) To do this, you need to know the name and address of the person. If you're going to do this in multiple places, you're going to have to a few names and addresses memorized.

3.) You have to sign your name (forgetting the dumb poll workers from the video, although he had to stack up a pretty good mountain of lies to get it there). Voter fraud is a crime, on top of forgery.

4.) A person can only vote one time per election. People committing voter fraud isn't going to swing an election because either they're just voting in the place of somebody who didn't bother to show up, or the other person is going to show up eventually and the person committing said fraud will be pursued by authorities.

6.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
Hasn't it been proven that the actual amount of voter fraud that happens in this country is extremely small?
This whole crusade is being done in favor of the voter ID laws proposed across the country; primarily supported by the right wing. These are laws that admittedly and knowingly prevent registered voters from being able to vote, in the overkill response to an inconsequential segment of people. This is like, prevent 100 people from voting with a law as a response to 1 person potentially committing voter fraud. And that's being very generous.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
Reggie J Worthington

and here's proof to back it up:

Policy Brief on the Truth About “Voter Fraud” | Brennan Center for Justice

Unread 04-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezsam4 View Post
they don't even check it off to show that I've already been to the polls
That's a local problem, then. I've voted in all federal, state and local elections since I've been 18. They check you in and make you sign your name at my polling place.

This whole thing is like Andrew Brietbart speaking from the grave.

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #11
Reggie J Worthington

I don't vote at all, but I don't see the problem with requiring an ID to verify you are who you say you are.

but if they're forcibly disenfranchising voters, then there's an obvious problem. Like in some states that redo the voter jurisdictions just to get more of one vote than another.

Unread 04-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
SS.org Regular

pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezsam4 View Post
really? because I can do the exact same thing provided I have the street address of the person I am claiming to be (females excluded), because that's how the rules are written. I have voted in every election (local, state, national) since I was 18, never once been asked for an I.D. could've said i was my brother, the next door neighbor or anyone is my voting district and all they do is check the list to make sure I'm at the correct polling station (they don't even check it off to show that I've already been to the polls).
The reason I ask you to keep the creator of the video in mind is because this same person was behind the ACORN fiasco. The same person that was planning on sexually harassing a reporter on a boat. The same person who was charged with attempting to wiretap the phone lines of a United States senator. Quite literally, you cannot accept anything on video that comes from this person at face value. You have no clue how much editing has happened.
highlordmugfug and Mordacain like this.
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #13
Classy
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't vote at all, but I don't see the problem with requiring an ID to verify you are who you say you are
Some people don't carry ID (for example, elderly people not having driver's licenses is a pretty common thing; also, the Amish). Also, the way the few proposed laws play out, your name has to match exactly your ID... so women who are married or recently divorced?
Mordacain and flint757 like this.

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Some people don't carry ID (for example, elderly people not having driver's licenses is a pretty common thing; also, the Amish). Also, the way the few proposed laws play out, your name has to match exactly your ID... so women who are married or recently divorced?
Not to mention the most common forms of ID require the recipient to pay for them. The only way to require an ID to vote is if an acceptable form of ID is available to all adults free of charge, otherwise it is an illegal poll-tax.
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #15
Reggie J Worthington

Do the Amish and Pennsylvania Dutch participate in the election process?

Also, isn't it par for the course, to change your documentation for a recent marriage or divorce?

I know here in Texas, at least, that it's a crime to not have your ID on you, "Failure to Identify". Not to mention if your DL is taken away you can always get a state issued ID.

For many states, you have to have a form of identification, you have to have a valid ID to get Cigarretes, and alcohol, to be allowed into certain movies, and venues.

It's not an illegal "poll tax" to require an identification, you're already supposed to have.

Unread 04-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
Classy
Super Moderator

Quote:
It's not an illegal "poll tax" to require an identification, you're already supposed to have.
So every person over the age of 18 should be required to have an ID and carry it on them at all times?

Slippery slope is slippery.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Also, isn't it par for the course, to change your documentation for a recent marriage or divorce?
Par for the course, yes. Guaranteed you'll have it by the next time an election takes place? No.
highlordmugfug and flint757 like this.

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

Quote:

I know here in Texas, at least, that it's a crime to not have your ID on you, "Failure to Identify". Not to mention if your DL is taken away you can always get a state issued ID.

For many states, you have to have a form of identification, you have to have a valid ID to get Cigarretes, and alcohol, to be allowed into certain movies, and venues.

Applying for a New Texas DMV Identification Card at DMV.org: The Unofficial DMV Guide
"Cash or check to pay a $16 fee ($5 if you're older than 60)."

It is illegal to mandate that a person needs to spend money to be able to vote, via the Twenty-Fourth Amendment. The Amendment trumps state-law.
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
Reggie J Worthington

It seems to be a common thing for police.

this "Stop and Identify" thing is as close as I could get
Stop and identify statutes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unread 04-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
Reggie J Worthington

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink freud View Post
Applying for a New Texas DMV Identification Card at DMV.org: The Unofficial DMV Guide
"Cash or check to pay a $16 fee ($5 if you're older than 60)."

It is illegal to mandate that a person needs to spend money to be able to vote, via the Twenty-Fourth Amendment. The Amendment trumps state-law.
By requiring an ID that a state resident should already have, is not imposing a poll-tax, or a loop-hole to be seen as a poll-tax.

If you want to interpret it in a way that you see it as a poll-tax, that's fine, though.

Unread 04-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

That's fine, but if they want to require people to use an ID for voting they need to provide a free alternative. It isn't about the state's requirements, it's about Constitutional requirements. Quite frankly, the state's requirement of the ID for merely existing within the state is irrelevant. What is relevant is

A) Is a person voting? Yes
B) Is it required that said person have acceptable ID? Under Voter ID laws, yes.
C) Is there a way for that person to obtain a free acceptable ID? If not, violation of the Constitution.
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #21
Reggie J Worthington

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.

If they say, "Thanks for coming in to vote, do you have your ID with you so we can make sure you're you?"

You're going to get upset that they're asking for some form of state issued ID, that you already have, because you had to pay for it every so many years to keep it current?

Unread 04-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

Quote:
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.

If they say, "Thanks for coming in to vote, do you have your ID with you so we can make sure you're you?"

You're going to get upset that they're asking for some form of state issued ID, that you already have, because you had to pay for it every so many years to keep it current?
Since when does the integrity of the Constitution of the United States depend on my own personal dignity?
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Really, the only instances of voter fraud happening in this country are right wingers trying to prove it's possible.
Randy and Sicarius like this.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #24
Reggie J Worthington

I just think you're leaning really hard into making it a violation of the constitution, when it just isn't.

Unread 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #25
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
I just think you're leaning really hard into making it a violation of the constitution, when it just isn't.
But it is.
highlordmugfug likes this.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote