homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Alabama Pig Roast

rectifryer is just really nicerectifryer is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Can you be a Muslim Satanist?

I was wondering this the other day. Its like certain religions require you to believe most of the premises of another religion, and since Islam shares alot with Christianity in this regard, I was wondering if there are those that have taken to "the other side" via the vein of Islam?

Discuss.
rectifryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yes.

The "Devil" of Islam is called Iblis, and some folks find "him" worthy of worship.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Evil tends to be represented in every religion. It exists in the world and it would seem silly to represent all that is holy and good without recognising the bad. Some people go to religion for moral guidance, and that means acknowledging evil is necessary.

As such, where these religions deify evil there will no doubt be people who see these beings as worthy of worship also. These people may believe in a God, but question their motives and so look to alternatives within that religion.

Also, Iblis is a badass name.
rectifryer likes this.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
blood junkie

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
I thought we americans were the great satans of islam?
Demiurge, 7stg, rectifryer and 5 others like this.
TRENCHLORD is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
Alabama Pig Roast

/thread as far as I am concerned. You guys have enlightened me.
Unread 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
Jessofperdition

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENCHLORD View Post
I thought we americans were the great satans of islam?
Damn beat me to it. I was gonna say Americans.

Honestly I have no clue, but from talking with known Satanists on this site, I don't think so. Reason being is that Satanists (like LaVayan satanists) are pretty much atheists, but recognize the human need for rituals and the like, so they partake in them. But I've yet to meet a Satanist that ACTUALLY believes in satan, or any other deity for that matter.
7stg likes this.

Not sure how to interact with transgender people? Read this:
http://tranifesto.com/transgender-fa...-trans-people/
Check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jessica-macarthur

"I have an easier time taking BabyMetal seriously than the vast majority of death and black metal that gets posted here." -wat

"You can fuck anything....how do you think evolution happened?" - mcd
tacotiklah is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
ss.org Regular

Taha-Nasser will become famous soon enough
No, you cant be a Muslim satanist. Why? Because....

The word 'Islam' in Arabic means peace and submission. The peace refers to that within each person and between human beings (and actually also between man and all other creation), whereas submission refers to the destruction of the ego in submission to the being that originated the Universe. In Islam, this being characterises himself in many ways, but one of the key ways is as 'Nur' or light.

With regards Satan, known as 'shaytan' in Arabic - he is mentioned in the Qur'an as a being from among the Jinn (Arabic word which can include a wide array of things from certain bacteria to certain types of human beings, and also potentially other species of creation which are not known to us), and not from among the Angels as Christian mythology surmises, since Angels are believed to be incapable of rebelling against God. However, whilst this being is referred to as a single entity his only real trait is the absence of light or divinity and according to Islam he exists within the nature of all men, dissuading them from the 'straight path', in other words the path of peace and submission to God. When a person reaches the very height of rebellion under the influence of this intrinsic Satan, he is labelled in the Qur'an as Iblis. Thus Iblis and Satan are actually two different entities, one being the intrinsic rebelliousness that all human beings have turning them away from peace and submission, the other (Iblis) being an actual individual who has reached the pinnacle of evil.

Thus according to Islam, evil (ie. darkness, misguidance, satanic things etc) are simply the absence of light and so it would be difficult for a person who understood these teachings to try and worship something that was simply the absence of something else. In a sense, any person not submitting themselves to God and creating peace is actually worshipping their own internal Satan or ego, but it is not possible from an Islamic point of view to worship Satan since he is not an external permeating entity like light.
ElRay, 7stg, petereanima and 7 others like this.
Taha-Nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #8
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha-Nasser View Post
In a sense, any person not submitting themselves to God and creating peace is actually worshipping their own internal Satan or ego, but it is not possible from an Islamic point of view to worship Satan since he is not an external permeating entity like light.
Huh. That's really interesting. It actually sounds startlingly similar to some of the concepts behind LaVeyan Satanism.

Semirelated, but if you want to read up on something interesting that often gets unfairly branded as "satanism" in the middle east, read up about the beliefs of the Yazidi of northern Iraq.

The nutshell is they believe that after God created the world, he left it in the care of seven holy beings, chief amongst which was Malek Taus, who is also known as Shaytan, which as was pointed out is the Muslim word for Satan. His story is also similar to the biblical Satan, though instead of rebelling against God, the Yazidis revere him for rebelling against Adam and don't see him as an evil figure at all.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
aint no gahdam woman

nostealbucket is just really nicenostealbucket is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I didn't know there was a difference between a christian satanist, a jewish satanist, and a muslim satanist.
If I'm right, it would all be based around the same concept of what is considered satan. The Torah, the Bible, and the Qur'an are both nearly the same in their explanation of evil's creation (correct me if I'm wrong.). So really, there is no such thing as a "Muslim Satanist".
If you're a satanist, you're a satanist.
Overtone likes this.
nostealbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #10
Alabama Pig Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha-Nasser View Post
No, you cant be a Muslim satanist. Why? Because....

The word 'Islam' in Arabic means peace and submission. The peace refers to that within each person and between human beings (and actually also between man and all other creation), whereas submission refers to the destruction of the ego in submission to the being that originated the Universe. In Islam, this being characterises himself in many ways, but one of the key ways is as 'Nur' or light.

With regards Satan, known as 'shaytan' in Arabic - he is mentioned in the Qur'an as a being from among the Jinn (Arabic word which can include a wide array of things from certain bacteria to certain types of human beings, and also potentially other species of creation which are not known to us), and not from among the Angels as Christian mythology surmises, since Angels are believed to be incapable of rebelling against God. However, whilst this being is referred to as a single entity his only real trait is the absence of light or divinity and according to Islam he exists within the nature of all men, dissuading them from the 'straight path', in other words the path of peace and submission to God. When a person reaches the very height of rebellion under the influence of this intrinsic Satan, he is labelled in the Qur'an as Iblis. Thus Iblis and Satan are actually two different entities, one being the intrinsic rebelliousness that all human beings have turning them away from peace and submission, the other (Iblis) being an actual individual who has reached the pinnacle of evil.

Thus according to Islam, evil (ie. darkness, misguidance, satanic things etc) are simply the absence of light and so it would be difficult for a person who understood these teachings to try and worship something that was simply the absence of something else. In a sense, any person not submitting themselves to God and creating peace is actually worshipping their own internal Satan or ego, but it is not possible from an Islamic point of view to worship Satan since he is not an external permeating entity like light.
You just blew my mind.
Unread 04-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

areyna21 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
This made for a very interesting read it's nice to here people discuss things that may be touchy with respect to one another.
areyna21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 03:26 AM   #12
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by areyna21 View Post
This made for a very interesting read it's nice to here people discuss things that may be touchy with respect to one another.
I think most of us here are pretty open minded so we can share our religious knowledge and feelings in an environment where we know none of us are going to get penalised for it. Which is awesome IMHO.

I also like to think of this forum like a religious entity. Chris created it and buggered off, we have a group of disciples (mods) constantly preaching the rules.....

.....and Stealth is Satan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #13
Jessofperdition

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ we have a few "demons" that try to continue on in Stealth's work, but I think he has it well in hand on his own.

While there may be a couple of subjects that will cause us to go apeshit at each other, on the whole I pretty much see the forum on the whole as cool and laid back.

Not sure how to interact with transgender people? Read this:
http://tranifesto.com/transgender-fa...-trans-people/
Check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jessica-macarthur

"I have an easier time taking BabyMetal seriously than the vast majority of death and black metal that gets posted here." -wat

"You can fuck anything....how do you think evolution happened?" - mcd
tacotiklah is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #14
ss.org Regular

Taha-Nasser will become famous soon enough
Taha-Nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #15
ss.org Regular

matt ritti is on a distinguished road
re grand moff tim:
as i understand it, i believe the only surviving sect (maybe i'm wrong) of gnosticism is in that area

as gnosticism has tended to be demonized throughout history,i was wondering if this sect would be the Yazidi(sp)?
m.r.
matt ritti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
You can't be a Christian Satanist..or a Jewish Satanist..a Wiccan Satanist or anything of the sort. Satanism makes you your own god, and as an Atheist religion, rules out all supernatural higher powers. "Theistic Satanists", or devil worshippers, are seen as "inverted Christians", thus aren't Satanists
DrakkarTyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #17
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
???

Who cares? You can be whatever you want and call it whatever you want. Other folks just might not agree. But with religion that seems to come w the territory no matter what you choose.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #18
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
???

Who cares? You can be whatever you want and call it whatever you want. Other folks just might not agree. But with religion that seems to come w the territory no matter what you choose.
I agree to an extent. If you have a religion with pretty certain guidelines..you can alter it and label it the same thing, but it just isn't. That's the issue I have with so many Crosstitutes who call themselves Christian, yet seemed to have created their own version of the rules to suit their needs.
Konfyouzd and highlordmugfug like this.
Unread 04-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #19
Alabama Pig Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis View Post
You can't be a Christian Satanist..or a Jewish Satanist..a Wiccan Satanist or anything of the sort. Satanism makes you your own god, and as an Atheist religion, rules out all supernatural higher powers. "Theistic Satanists", or devil worshippers, are seen as "inverted Christians", thus aren't Satanists
If I were to reform my original question in light of this, it would be to ask if there are "inverted Muslims".

One must ask one's self, how is a religion truly atheist if you are the god?
Unread 04-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Bc man is not god. You are god in the sense that there is no power above your will. Not literal.
Taha-Nasser likes this.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
WWSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rectifryer View Post
If I were to reform my original question in light of this, it would be to ask if there are "inverted Muslims".

One must ask one's self, how is a religion truly atheist if you are the god?
Atheist in terms of a "supernatural higher power"..since we don't believe one exists, we are Atheist. We're our own gods..but we use the term in a more realistic sense.
Konfyouzd and highlordmugfug like this.
Unread 04-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #22
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
I agree with Drak, there are no muslim satanists, as there are no muslim christians either, it's a completely different philosophy (I would not call satanism a religion, just as atheism is not one either).

It was enlightening to hear about the muslim concept of evil, as a western atheist one usually gets threatened with the christian hell, so that part of islam mostly eludes me. It is very similar to the christian of course, but yet slightly different.
Techno is soo Paul

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #23
Needs moar Gear.....

BlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud of
Here we go again...

Just worship who you want and stop arguing over whats write and wrong...you could worship a cheeseburger for all I care.

I'm on a rock floating through space.
BlindingLight7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #24
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just noting that there are always those who argue that a religion does or does not stand for a particular thing. I appreciate the view that Islam is a religion of peace, just as most others are by what they say, and I also acknowledge that defending the faith of Islam by calling for the death of Rushdie wasn't universally denounced by Muslims.

Similarly, just as Lucifer means the devil to most Christians, but isn't really Scriptural, Islam also has its traditions which aren't Koranic.

Actions speak louder than words, and so it's worthwhile to examine actual practices, rather than what is just strictly orthodox.

----

BTW, TN, nice to see you taking part in the discussion here at SevenString.org. Hopefully you'll contribute in other places beyond this one issue in the Political and Current Events forum.
Konfyouzd likes this.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #25
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingLight7 View Post
Here we go again...

Just worship who you want and stop arguing over whats write and wrong...you could worship a cheeseburger for all I care.

And you came in here just to say that? If you see what is written, everyone has kept an extremely civil tone, and I have personally benefited from different perspectives

Have you even read the thread? No one is sending someone else to hell (or any equivalent), a member asked a question, and we are doing our best to reason out an answer.
Bigfan and UnderTheSign like this.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote