homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree148Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #101
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
Hah, I was JUST going to post the same story, from a different source. Nice work there, !
Me too.

But I'm going to post it anyways:

U.S. News - Report: Invisible Children co-founder detained by police; charity made 'KONY 2012' video

Rubbing salt in the wound.

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Chickenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #102
ΩGJ :3

Alberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is literally the funniest shit I've heard all day. Outshines everything else that has happened in the last 48 hours.

Sum ergo cogito; cogito ergo dubito; dubito ergo cogito; cogito ergo sum.
Alberto7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #103

Alberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to behold
Ok wait, now that it's sunk in, I actually feel bad for him. This whole issue must literally be driving him nuts... I think he's far, FAR from being my favorite person, but I certainly hope he doesn't go any further than this...

... That was still funny though...

Unread 03-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #104
ss.org Regular

djinn314 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for the story
djinn314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #105
I Am the Table

renzoip is a glorious beacon of lightrenzoip is a glorious beacon of lightrenzoip is a glorious beacon of light
I saw the video, I did not share it, since I don't even use social media. Anyways, here is my take on this matter:

I have a couple issues with the way the campaign is being presented. I think the campaign is over simplifying a very complex issue such as armed conflict.

I think they are putting the face of one bad guy over a bigger issue where there are a lot of bad guys.

The campaign seems to insinuate that people should support the Ugandan army, which itself has a bad record of human rights abuses and the use of child soldiers, similar to Kony.

The campaign also insinuates that people should support the Ugandan government, which not long ago was trying to pass a bill that would impose the death penalty of gays and lesbians.

The campaign also suggest that Kony is still in uganda when in fact he has been the Central African Republic for the last 5 years, and the numbers of the LRA have been reduced; the number child soldiers have been reduced as well.

Having that said, I believe the issue is the way the campaign has been presented, not with the campaign itself. I hardly believe that this is enough to justify all the amount of hate that some people have thrown at it, their makers, and their supporters.

Different people will tell you different things about what they think the campaign purpose is and whether it is achievable. I have heard a lot of negative criticism, but very little people suggesting something better. And this is what I have an issue with, just a bunch of hate mongering and calls for indifference/apathy, like that is actually any better.

Yet a lot of this same people also want us to care about issues such the situation in Israel, the situation in Cuba, Libya, Syria, etc. And even when they are using flawed biased campaigns.All in humanitarian grounds. So I also see a double standard there.

Finally, like so many of you say, if you really dislike the video so much or don't care about the campaign, then don't watch it. Why spend time and effort hating on it? You think the making the maker of it is a piece of shit? Fine, but does spreading hate for something you claim not to care make you a lot better? Are you annoyed that so many of your friends in FB are reposting the video? Then don't click on it or don't spend so much time on FB if you think your friends are that lame.

I'm not the biggest fan of the campaign, but just saying... Perhaps critics should just wait for Southpark to make an episode mocking the Kony 2012 campaign and just have a good laugh and chill out, lol.

DARK LEGACY - Progressive Power Metal from South FL!
renzoip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #106
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
EDIT: Already covered.
HeHasTheJazzHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #107
Wrex. Shepard.

Genome is a name known to allGenome is a name known to allGenome is a name known to allGenome is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
#Bony2012
HeHasTheJazzHands likes this.
Genome is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #108

Not to resurrect the dead, nor to put more salt on the wound, but I just read this article and found it particularly good and of remarkable quality:

The White Savior Industrial Complex - Teju Cole - International - The Atlantic

I thought it was worth the bump and some of you might enjoy it.

Unread 03-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #109
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote