homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
*Not for then insectofobe* The worlds largest insect has been found

That's one big-ass insect

I find this extremely fascinating, we know insects has a limited size due to their out-dated breathing aparatus, but what makes this bug to able to be so large? Physiological differences, or maybe this is just as large as they get.

Biology is still very much alive

And in a disturbing way, it's actually cute

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Cute my ass, kill that sumbitch with massive amounts of fire!!

Interesting none the less. Creepy as shit, but interesting.
thedarkoceans likes this.

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Chickenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
Theory God

Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
"Adventurer Mark Moffett has found the world's biggest insect - which is so huge it can eat carrots."

That's his ....ing job title?! Where do I sign up?

Skype theory lessons. PM me.
Mr. Big Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
Sycamore Trees

Murdstone is a glorious beacon of lightMurdstone is a glorious beacon of lightMurdstone is a glorious beacon of light
Figures it'd be near Australia.
I'm not a huge fan of bugs and their silly tracheal diffusion but it just goes to show there's a lot more on this floating rock than we think.
stevo1 likes this.
Murdstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Pretty cool, love insect life myself, black flies and mosquitos exempt. Spent yesterday trying to find out what was in my apartment, was a bold jumping spider. The throw was red markings, not white, which apparently suggests it is not fully adult yet.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
R.I.P. Yoteslaya.

levijaymz is just really nicelevijaymz is just really nice
wowspare likes this.
levijaymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchecterWhore View Post
"Adventurer Mark Moffett has found the world's biggest insect - which is so huge it can eat carrots."

That's his ....ing job title?! Where do I sign up?
I used to be an adventurer too once, until I took an arrow to the knee.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
Pretty cool, love insect life myself, black flies and mosquitos exempt. Spent yesterday trying to find out what was in my apartment, was a bold jumping spider. The throw was red markings, not white, which apparently suggests it is not fully adult yet.
I was crazy for insects when I was a kid, I was out catching them almost every day in the summer. The part almost as fun was to try and decide what sort of bug it was

My mother never understood the finer parts of studying insects...

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Unread 12-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
I used to be an adventurer too once, until I took an arrow to the knee.
icwutudidthur
pink freud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #10
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
That thing is seriously adorable and I want one
DrakkarTyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #11
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
I'm not going to post it here, but there is a video on youtube of a Japanese show where they make insects and arachnids fight each other to the death (very grim shit). They had giant wetas on there a few times, and they're hard as ..... Took out some critters I would not have expected them to have had a chance against. Powerful jaws.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #12
Pretty wisdomous

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
I'm not going to post it here, but there is a video on youtube of a Japanese show where they make insects and arachnids fight each other to the death (very grim shit). They had giant wetas on there a few times, and they're hard as ..... Took out some critters I would not have expected them to have had a chance against. Powerful jaws.
And why am I not surprised that the japanese could come up with something like that...
AxeHappy likes this.

Unread 12-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

zappatton2 is a jewel in the rough
That is severely awesome, thanks for the story! I've always wanted to resurrect some of those crazy Carboniferous era insects, until then, this will do nicely.
zappatton2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #14
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakke View Post
And why am I not surprised that the japanese could come up with something like that...
I'm gonna post it purely as a testament to how impressive these animals are at being predators, though I don't approve of putting them into a fighting situation like this and I think it is cruel.

This is graphic and somewhat disturbing, so I understand if this post gets removed or whatever.

Unread 12-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #15
Pretty wisdomous

Quote:
I'm gonna post it purely as a testament to how impressive these animals are at being predators, though I don't approve of putting them into a fighting situation like this and I think it is cruel.

This is graphic and somewhat disturbing, so I understand if this post gets removed or whatever.

I'm not even gonna watch that... I have never liked killing animals for entertainment, but hey, it's probably valid to the discussion... In some way..

Unread 12-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
Geek-chic

liamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to behold
My opinion on this particular insect is that they should all be round up, and then killed
liamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #17
Geek-chic

liamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to behold
Jk guys
liamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #18
Pretty wisdomous

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamh View Post
Jk guys

Unread 12-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #19
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
I'm not even gonna watch that... I have never liked killing animals for entertainment, but hey, it's probably valid to the discussion... In some way..
I don't like it either, though I find it fascinating from an evolutionary standpoint seeing how these animals have evolved to defend themselves.
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #20
Pretty wisdomous

Quote:
I don't like it either, though I find it fascinating from an evolutionary standpoint seeing how these animals have evolved to defend themselves.
They are godamm killing machines, they can be cruel as well (if such an expression is applicable), cutting off antenae (?) is for example not uncommon. That's like me poking out both your eyes.

Unread 12-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
No lie, if I saw one of those, I would call the police.
metaljohn and Fiction like this.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #22
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
They are godamm killing machines, they can be cruel as well (if such an expression is applicable), cutting off antenae (?) is for example not uncommon. That's like me poking out both your eyes.
Yeah, as seen in that video they can inflict some horrendous damage. The stag beetles in particular are damn powerful. They just crush things and throw them around. I noticed the scorpions were particularly clever in aiming for weak spots in the armour of other creatures. It does scare me to think of what they could do to a person if they were big enough (or we were small enough).
Unread 12-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #23
Pretty wisdomous

Quote:
Yeah, as seen in that video they can inflict some horrendous damage. The stag beetles in particular are damn powerful. They just crush things and throw them around. I noticed the scorpions were particularly clever in aiming for weak spots in the armour of other creatures. It does scare me to think of what they could do to a person if they were big enough (or we were small enough).
Yeah, you can thank our atmosphere's oxygen content for that

Unread 12-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #24
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
Yeah, you can thank our atmosphere's oxygen content for that
Yeah. Some of the shit that used to live is just frightful. 7 foot long centipedes? No thanks.
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #25
Yes, pancakes.

simulclass83 is just really nicesimulclass83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

simulclass83 is offline   Reply With Quote