homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
Banned

thedarkoceans is just really nicethedarkoceans is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Pope says that "child rape isnt that bad"

hey guys.so,the pope has said another great thing today..... OFF.

Vatican Christmas Shocker! Pope says child rape isn't that bad, was normal back in his day -- Society's Child -- Sott.net

really cant get this,i just hope that people will wake up for this and understand that this is the humanity's cancer.
thedarkoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Dog haven't you been watching world news... Pizza is a vegetable. This comes as no surprise. Everyone is losing their ....ing minds. Plus, don't Catholic priests just get transfered for ....ing children?

... "There are no children in THIS church..." right...
daemon barbeque likes this.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
Green guitar addict

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
What an awful human being.

You're right, organized Christianity and Catholicism is a cancer on humanity... we need some major spiritual chemotherapy IMO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ConnorFGuitar?feature=mhee

You can thank me later. Or throw stones, it's your call.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious...
BucketheadRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^ Like genocide? Brainwashing, perhaps? Careful...

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
Green guitar addict

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
^ Like genocide? Brainwashing, perhaps? Careful...
I didn't mean it like that!

I'm not advocating genocide against Christians. I'd never say that.

It's not the believers who are to blame, not even so much the faith itself (the Bible is great if you just take it as a book of teachings (love thy neighbour, do unto others etc), instead of following it as a faith).

It's the corrupt and sometimes even genuinely insane priests, bishops and sect/cult leaders who spoil it all.

I know there's no real way of making this next thing happen, but IMO it's a religion that's best quietly forgotten.
The world would be a better place without it.

That doesn't mean brainwashing either. There's no way of losing it as a religion, as I've said. I just wish it would go away.
Konfyouzd likes this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

Unread 11-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
I kind of don't see at all how he said "child rape isn't that bad", or anything even similar... Believe me, I almost despise the church, so I would be delighted if he said that.. But that's not even the point he was getting at, seemingly. Maybe I'm misreading something.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
Green guitar addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
I kind of don't see at all how he said "child rape isn't that bad", or anything even similar... Believe me, I almost despise the church, so I would be delighted if he said that.. But that's not even the point he was getting at.
I think it's awful that he even hinted that it didn't used to be as much of an issue.

Even if that's true (which I doubt it is) it still reeks of him attempting to justify paedophilia in the church.

Unread 11-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
ss.org Regular

Dvaienat is a jewel in the rough
The Christian faith isn't to blame in this instance, since 'God' states in the Bible that paedophilia is an abomination. Rather, the Pope's twisted view of matters is at fault. Either way, paedophilia is abuse of children's rights and the Pope's almost condoning of it is despicable.
Jogeta, UnderTheSign and Aerial like this.
Dvaienat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
Green guitar addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatG View Post
The Christian faith isn't to blame in this instance, since 'God' states in the Bible that paedophilia is an abomination. Rather, the Pope's twisted view of matters is at fault. Either way, paedophilia is abuse of children's rights and the Pope's almost condoning of it is despicable.
Maybe not in this instance. But in most others

Agree with the rest of your post though.
Dvaienat likes this.

Unread 11-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
Doc McStuffins

USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well my dad was really old...born in the 30s. Even though he marched on Washington he used to refer to black people as "coloreds". He was the least racist person I know but at the same point it was due to the racial zeitgeist of his era....

Soooo... I can totally agree with the Pope... I mean don't we all remember back in the day when child rape was cool? No? Oh wait nevermind I was thinking of something else... I'm pretty sure child rape has always been bad... except, you know, in the bible:

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT) If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14) As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

(Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB) Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished.

(2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB) Thus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'
Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die."
USMarine75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #11
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
The terms "child rape" and "shocker" both appearing in that headline made me double-take.
Riff-King-Steve likes this.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
Banned

daemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hmmm.
Even if pedophilia would be normal, the priests are still not allow to have sex, let have gay sex. And, it's not sex with a kid, it's rape. It has no similarity to the old greek or roman "practices".
What he does is making everything worse, and prooving the "opinion" that him and other high animals protect their priests, even stop police from investigating it.

This scum is a burden to the earth.
daemon barbeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

ArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of lightArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of lightArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
The terms "child rape" and "shocker" both appearing in that headline made me double-take.

Wait isn't this the pope who was a Nazi? Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

But it probably is
ArkaneDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #14
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Yeah, I really, really dislike the pope, and I don't support this speech of his.. But, I'm just saying, he didn't say child rape was ok.

Unread 11-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Yeah, I really, really dislike the pope, and I don't support this speech of his.. But, I'm just saying, he didn't say child rape was ok.
Yep.
highlordmugfug likes this.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #16
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
Once again sensationalism is the order of the day. The Pope didn't say that abusing kids was alright or condoned. That wasn't what he was saying.

Furthermore, it could be argued that since sexuality is still rather mysterious, we don't in fact know what's normal or not. Is it right? Of course not..is it "normal"? Define normal. Something may be odd when considering the cultural rules of the given land, but not exactly abnormal.
DrakkarTyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #17
The GAS Man

Well, when something seems to be occurring frequently amongst a particular society, it is technically, relatively normal. That is what the pope is saying. People are just sensitive.

Unread 11-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #18
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Well, when something seems to be occurring frequently amongst a particular society, it is technically, relatively normal. That is what the pope is saying. People are just sensitive.
It's the Pope. It makes a much more fun story to say "The Pope says Pedophilia is A-OK!" Than the actual truth. I'm starting to notice that more and more with news threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketheadRules View Post
What an awful human being.

You're right, organized Christianity and Catholicism is a cancer on humanity... we need some major spiritual chemotherapy IMO.
You ARE aware that you sound just as bad as the lunatic Crosstitutes who think that everything non-Christian is a plague unto humanity right? The issue isn't religion, it's people. If religion never existed this would still be going on in some other form. Don't blame a system that other people benefit from just because others pervert it for their own ignorant purposes.
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #19
Banned

murakami is a jewel in the rough
i feel that all religion has lost touch with it's intial, principal standards.

i know a lot of buddhist at my former temple that prayed for superficial
things like winning the lottery, getting a good job. cars etc...
it's retarded.
murakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #20
Banned

daemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to behold
Pope should be the last person to talk about it in this way. He didn't say it was ok, be he implied it was actually not that bad before. He even tries to say "nothing is just evil". So his priests where doing something bad maybe, which was not that bad anyway, but god loves them all since they are good people.

If the POPE, who and his coworkers are in trouble with pedophilia, try to show it as somethig less "evil" than it is, I'm sorry but I see it as an attemp to make it easier to save their asses. Pope should shut up and cooperate with the police, not tell bullshit to the "sheep".
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
E♭M7(♭5)

TheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to all
Since people already have the notion that Catholic officials condone sex abuse, they are taking the word "normal" to mean "condoneable." It's a classic example of how expectations color interpretations of ambiguous situations.

(I still think the Church isn't doing enough regarding child abuse, but that doesn't affect my interpretation of the Pope's message)
Adam Of Angels likes this.

"Food to help some wolf that eats your ass generate enough sperm to impregnate their mate. Right there.... boom. Your energy was literally used to create a baby wolf...so in some way you are apart of the wolf.
Non of this 'ima come back as a mighty shark and rule the sea or some shit' just death as we know it. You and all your youness totally gone. But your death is totally required for the rest of existence to thrive."
-BadStarWanderer on reincarnation
TheHandOfStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #22
WWSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon barbeque View Post
Pope should be the last person to talk about it in this way. He didn't say it was ok, be he implied it was actually not that bad before. He even tries to say "nothing is just evil". So his priests where doing something bad maybe, which was not that bad anyway, but god loves them all since they are good people.

If the POPE, who and his coworkers are in trouble with pedophilia, try to show it as somethig less "evil" than it is, I'm sorry but I see it as an attemp to make it easier to save their asses. Pope should shut up and cooperate with the police, not tell bullshit to the "sheep".
I think you missed his point. He wasn't saying it was fine..he's saying it isn't "evil". Pedophiles are wired to find children attractive just like you find a hot woman attractive. It's not some sinister urge to purposely wait in the shadows for a golden opportunity to hurt a child for the purpose of just making it suffer. In such an instance "evil" isn't an appropriate term. Sure it's wrong but since the psychology behind sexual arousal/interests aren't completely known, we can't say anything is good or evil. We don't yet understand it
Unread 11-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #23
ss.org Regular

Dvaienat is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis View Post
You ARE aware that you sound just as bad as the lunatic Crosstitutes who think that everything non-Christian is a plague unto humanity right? The issue isn't religion, it's people. If religion never existed this would still be going on in some other form. Don't blame a system that other people benefit from just because others pervert it for their own ignorant purposes.
Obviously we'd still have conflict going on in some form, regardless of religion's existence.

Both religion and believers are to blame when faith causes harm. The religion is to be blamed since that being where the harm originates, and the believers for actually accepting it and going through with harm.

The Bible, while it does have some good ideas coming mostly from Jesus, proposes that Christians do some very unsavoury things and contains very unsavoury things. Including but not limited to killing homosexuals, male domination in society, condemnation of unbelievers to hell, misogyny, homophobia, killing unbelievers, and forcible conversion to Christianity.

This Biblical scripture being the inspiration for crusades, inquisitions, aswell as more recent issues such as supression of homosexual and women's rights.

If religion helps people and gives hope, that is great. Just when it causes people to do harmful things they wouldn't otherwise do I have a problem with it. They hardly pervert it for their own use considering their actions can be traced back to Biblical commands.
daemon barbeque likes this.
Dvaienat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis View Post
I think you missed his point. He wasn't saying it was fine..he's saying it isn't "evil". Pedophiles are wired to find children attractive just like you find a hot woman attractive. It's not some sinister urge to purposely wait in the shadows for a golden opportunity to hurt a child for the purpose of just making it suffer. In such an instance "evil" isn't an appropriate term. Sure it's wrong but since the psychology behind sexual arousal/interests aren't completely known, we can't say anything is good or evil. We don't yet understand it
Well, it's "evil". The difference between mature sexuality and pedophilia is, you have sex with someone who is not an adult, can't protect him/herself, and carry lifelong psychological and sometimes physical damages. Knowing this and still "abusing" children is evil. Damaging a kid is evil, period!

It is also a crime to have sex with adult women or men under "authority" advantages like the priests do. It's called sexual harrasment.

He can't color it nicer no matter how much he tries. Is it evil to "want to have sex with kids"? Maybe not. Is it evil to do it? Absolutely!
Deadnightshade likes this.
Unread 11-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #25
WWSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatG View Post
Obviously we'd still have conflict going on in some form, regardless of religion's existence.

Both religion and believers are to blame when faith causes harm. The religion is to be blamed since that being where the harm originates, and the believers for actually accepting it and going through with harm.

The Bible, while it does have some good ideas coming mostly from Jesus, proposes that Christians do some very unsavoury things and contains very unsavoury things. Including but not limited to killing homosexuals, male domination in society, condemnation of unbelievers to hell, misogyny, homophobia, killing unbelievers, and forcible conversion to Christianity.

This Biblical scripture being the inspiration for crusades, inquisitions, aswell as more recent issues such as supression of homosexual and women's rights.

If religion helps people and gives hope, that is great. Just when it causes people to do harmful things they wouldn't otherwise do I have a problem with it. They hardly pervert it for their own use considering their actions can be traced back to Biblical commands.
People don't need God to hate races, abuse children, commit genocide, etc etc..we make reasons. What better reason that "God wants me to"? You honestly think that people who do these things do them because the pages of a book told them to? I'd agree if everyone in that religion did it, but seeing as though they don't, that argument holds little weight.

I've never sat well with the idea of blaming a general for something specific. Music isn't the reason kids kill each other, religion isn't the reason people become lunatics, porn doesn't turn people into rapists. Sure these things can be argued but they hold little weight when you take into consideration that results vary, and vary drastically.