homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-08-2011, 03:41 AM   #1
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Mississippi wants to outlaw birth control

Why Mississippi's 'Personhood' Law Could Outlaw Birth Control - Yahoo! News

only in the south does this seem reasonable to people
rectifryer likes this.

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-08-2011, 03:43 AM   #2
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Outlawing birth control? But... the South isn't Catholic...

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 04:25 AM   #3
Banned

AySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Time to...outlaw Mississippi.
AySay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 05:28 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
.... that bullshit.

Government should be doing the opposite. Get all teens on the pill. .....
AxeHappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 06:34 AM   #5
Wound tight

Nimgoble is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
of ....ing course they do.
Mr Violence likes this.
Nimgoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
Reggie J Worthington

Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalwizard View Post
Why Mississippi's 'Personhood' Law Could Outlaw Birth Control - Yahoo! News

only in the Mississippi does this seem reasonable to people
Fixed, we're not all retarded hillbillies.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Sicarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #7
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
The inbred hillbilly populace must be decreasing, better fix that.
Mordacain and brutalwizard like this.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #8
XEN
(formerly urklvt)

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Time to pull out!
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #9
Divine Parad°x

Sephael is just really niceSephael is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
stocking up on pills now to sell on the black market
Sephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
SS.org Regular

Ill-Gotten James is a jewel in the rough
The notion that Mississippi would try and pass a law to ban abortions, as well as potentially ban birth control is nuts. Has anybody ever seen that movie by Mike Judge, Idiocracy, the satirical comedy where Darwin's theory of evolution is disproved by stupid people procreating faster than intelligent people? Some how I can see this movie concept actually becoming a reality with the passing of such a law. Not all men who impregnate women, and women who become pregnant are fit to be parents! Abortions and birth control may prevent life, but they may also prevent having to live a not so nice life.
AxeHappy and Dvaienat like this.

J.K. Eggleston
Ill-Gotten James is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #11
Reggie J Worthington

Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
The inbred hillbilly populace must be decreasing, better fix that.
I never said anything about inbred

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Sicarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Because people won't just drive out of state to get an abortion, or buy birth control.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #13
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Idiocracy, the satirical comedy where Darwin's theory of evolution is disproved by stupid people procreating faster than intelligent people?
So stupid people have premature ejaculations ?
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #14
Sea Turtles mate

Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
I firmly believe people should be evaluated first before they are allowed to have children. A "license style" test along with psych evaluation.
You have to get your License before you can opperate a motor vehicle, to carry a fire arm & even in the medical field your required a license to practice medicine.
So why shouldn't you be required to "qualify" to be a parent when your taking another beings life in your hands for roughly 18yrs.

The project that I'm working on is so secret... Even I don't know what I'm doing!

Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #15
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
This could lead to a sharp increase in anal sex in Mississippi. Who's down?
khournos likes this.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #16
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Does that include pulling out or like... OTC birth control? Either way, ppl need to chill out and let other ppl make decisions for themselves every now and again.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #17
Theory God

Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Personhood, pfft. These religious nut lawmakers are waving the "you're a unique snowflake" message in front of people while retracting their individual rights. Let them become a sovereign state and deal with the inflated populace they incur on their selves - I don't want to pay for these idiots.
AxeHappy likes this.

Skype theory lessons. PM me.
Mr. Big Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #18
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill-Gotten James View Post
Not all men who impregnate women, and women who become pregnant are fit to be parents! Abortions and birth control may prevent life, but they may also prevent having to live a not so nice life.
I believe the book Freakanomics has an investigation into the drop in crime rates which occurs about 15 to 20 years after abortion is legalized in an area. It has to do with less unwanted children growing up and adding to society's problems.

Strange that it has a strong correlation, no, no matter what country or area?

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #19
Theory God

Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.
I remember reading that. It was an interesting book. Hopefully, we can point and laugh in a couple of decades.
Unread 11-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #20
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
I believe the book Freakanomics has an investigation into the drop in crime rates which occurs about 15 to 20 years after abortion is legalized in an area. It has to do with less unwanted children growing up and adding to society's problems.

Strange that it has a strong correlation, no, no matter what country or area?
You got the right book, a fun read if nothing else.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #21
Guitar Popcicle

AK DRAGON is just really niceAK DRAGON is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
I firmly believe people should be evaluated first before they are allowed to have children. A "license style" test along with psych evaluation.
You have to get your License before you can opperate a motor vehicle, to carry a fire arm & even in the medical field your required a license to practice medicine.
So why shouldn't you be required to "qualify" to be a parent when your taking another beings life in your hands for roughly 18yrs.
If Gov't had their way it would have been done already. Lets call it The Democratic Birth Control plan. When an amendment that only the strong survive clause in the new medical plan they crammed down our throats.

Personally let em do what they please birth control or not. Just do the right thing and NOT let them live off welfare now they have more kids than they have money for.
AK DRAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #22
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
since when does micheal stand for keanu reeves in parenthood haha

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #23
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Whilst in text this idea is sound and very logical the implications for doing this would not only be astronomically difficult but could also lead to corruption and crime.

Keeping the law on people having children would be difficult because you cant just stop people inseminating people. If you did the moral implications would be disasterous to the populous. Bribary would be evident as stupid rich kids would be able to start a family but poorer smarter ones wouldn't and it would create an upstairs/downstairs mentality once again in our society.

Some people would choose to have children without the state knowing which would lead to anonymous people all over the world. If they did have children and the state found out how would you punish them? Sending the father to jail would result in the loss of a father figure and another role model, and fining them would lead to loss of money, which would possibly lead to more crime to subsidise.

Just how some people with excellent driving skills can't afford a vehicle whilst recless drivers can, The same would be present for children too.

In short, lifes a bitch and we will probably never truly be able to stop idiots having children.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 05:17 AM   #24
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to all
Vasectomy/Tubes Tied at puberty. Undone after passing test.

Still have all the corruption problems and whatnot though.
AxeHappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 05:46 AM   #25
Theory God

Just in case everybody's still in the dark here, the amendment failed. Probably would have been repealed for being so stupid, anyway. Besides, I imagine that contraceptives, next to oil and drugs, is one of those things that continues to be profitable, no matter the economic situation, and therefore has no chance of being eliminated. Although, you don't really hear about Nuvaring lobbyists bribing government officials.
Demiurge and AxeHappy like this.