homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree243Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #51
Loves his Q-tuners

Cheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I was the really skinny kid with the huge head growing up, bully ....ing magnet.

What did I do when I got bullied? What everyone and the media tells you to do... I beat the shit out of kids...

Unfortunately that got me kicked out of the specific school in the 4th grade xD

But uh, the bullies ended up victims of me... and I never bullied anyone. People just need to learn to handle their shit better.
Cheesebuiscut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #52
Rainbow In The Dark

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
I honestly think the problem is lawyers are writing all these laws to keep income flowing in and fund the greedy legal institution. I work for a law firm and we have a partner that wrote 2 books on the legal system being out of control and over-legislation.

Now if bullying laws come into effect it won't just be a school/parents/police issue, now there will be lawyers involved and suing for large sums of money!! All of which the lawyer gets his income from. So lawyers jump on this type of opportunity to make further laws to keep their big checks flowing in. Call me a nut but I wholeheartedly believe this.

Rev.
Not to mention how many people will out and out lie or go overboard with something (ie everyone in every lawsuit ever...not really but you know what I mean ), so more bureaucracy, more money out of normal people's hands into that of the one who whines the most, and nothing actually getting done. Huzzah.

Praise the sun!
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #53
Loves his Q-tuners

Cheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to behold
Randy, BigPhi84, Konfyouzd and 2 others like this.
Cheesebuiscut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #54
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Violence is not the answer here, dude.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #55
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I dunno, every bully needs to be beaten the shit out of at least once. Pretty sure it will make them look at things differently.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #56
SS.org Regular

Blind Theory is just really niceBlind Theory is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
I dunno, every bully needs to be beaten the shit out of at least once. Pretty sure it will make them look at things differently.
Sometimes assertion does work. This guy had been bullying me and another friend because we were smaller than him. He said we wouldn't do anything. He kept walking by us hitting us in the head so we got up and made him stop. He also had just had surgery on his elbow so threats and "attempts" at injuring that elbow shut him down quickly. Sometimes you just need to get physical. Otherwise your message won't get across. It's as simple as that.
Blind Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #57
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Once my friend was getting bullied, so I threw a skipping rope around the bully's neck and dragged him across the playground. Didn't get bothered by him again.
Unread 09-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #58
Banned

murakami is a jewel in the rough
bully' are pretty simple. thye pray on people hoping that they will not retaliate. they're looking for a specific reaction so they can continue their bullying. if they get a reaction of confrontation, it will stop.

i remember in high school there was this dumb shit, who talked to shit to me but only when his friends were around. at the time, i was boxing and nobody knew since i was skipping out on class to do it. after i noticed him making snide remarks, i was actually training to .... him up real bad and made that my motivation to train harder. so one day i went up to him when his friends weren't around and i said, "whats your problem with me?" to which he replied, "i am just joking, man. chill." it's funny because i hadn't even gotten to the part that i wanted to fight him.

i wanted to punch him there and then, but the time had passed. after that nothing happened. it's strange that he wanted to be my friend afterwards though. every conversation he tried to have with me, i gave him the notion i wasn't interested in what he was spewing.

confontration is the ultimate weapon against bully'. ignoring them aint going to do shit and having someone else fight your ....ing battles isn't going to work either e.g. the government.

this is the schoolboards job and they don't do shit because they don't care. they really have to screen these teachers and weed out the ones who're just looking for a job. i remember in my elementary school days my teachers were very passionate about teaching. a better connection with the students as well. i think bully' are easy to notice and if the teachers really cared they would step in themselves.
BigPhi84 likes this.
murakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #59
OMNIHILITY

ShadowFactoryX is just really niceShadowFactoryX is just really nice
what ever happened to good parenting?

I like my guitar tone like I like my women, perfect rounded bottom end, cut in the mid section, heavy on the top end, and super tight.

Omnium - Atmospheric/Trance/Ambient
ShadowFactoryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #60
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFactoryX View Post
This.
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #61
OMNIHILITY

seriously, all these kinds of issues can be solved if parents would step up and do their job.

you find out your kid a bully? why dont you take a look at what you do that makes him act out (they get their traits from you!). then set him (or her) down and teach him to show others respect, no matter what, take necessary steps to imprint this thinking into their life

find out you kid is being bullied? teach your kid to learn how to deal and adapt with these people, they'll always exist, and show that they usually act out to compensate for how bad their own life is.

i got bullied on occasion when i was in school
i learned to fight with words.

example: one time in wood shop (9th grade?) this fat redneck kid, thought he was funny, kept making smart remarks, and one day he said the wrong thing
i snapped, got loud with him, told him how the only reason he makes fun of other people is because they weigh less than him, and he's a miserable waste, so he takes his time insulting others to try and make himself feel better, and look cool to everyone else.

no one laughed that time

when you break people down to their basics, and expose them, its hard for them to react, because they know how true it is

never had an issue with that kid from that day on

i never got in a physical confrontation, i was taught to avoid that by all means, and i learned how to carry my own with words

who do i have to thank: my parents
BigPhi84 likes this.

I like my guitar tone like I like my women, perfect rounded bottom end, cut in the mid section, heavy on the top end, and super tight.

Unread 09-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #62
A Chap Called Ross

Countless times I've seen the parents of problem children and it starts to make sense. Idiocy breeds idiocy.
BigPhi84, AxeHappy and GATA4 like this.
Unread 09-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #63
SS.org Regular

Jontain is just really niceJontain is just really nice
Often a bully is more insecure than those they are bullying, which is why a bully often backs down when someone confronts them. They are not big nor strong, physically or mentally which is the exact reason they bully to make themselfs feel the above.

...Gaga wants to speak to obama about this, ok so where is her politcal training and why should her word matter any more than any one elses. I hate how people can become famous and influencial if enough money is just thrown their way for the crap they produce instead of becoming famous for something truely 'worth' being 'famous' for.

This world is so ....ed.
Jontain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #64
SS Contributor

Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
She wouldn't have made herself look anywhere near as stupid if she had instead said that she wanted to speak with Michelle Obama about it.

Rev.

Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #65
OMNIHILITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
She wouldn't have made herself look anywhere near as stupid if she had instead said that she wanted to speak with Michelle Obama about it.

Rev.
cause that would have been just as effective

Unread 09-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #66
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
It's now left up to public schools...

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #67
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Michelle Obama is a scary lady if she wants to be and I'm pretty sure it's not really about getting something done anyway. It's about "increasing awareness." She'll probably sit down and have a chat IF either party even agrees. And they'll televise some small portion of that meeting where it seems like they're "really getting to the heart of the issue." Then nothing will change bc you can't get rid of bullies, bigots, criminals, etc or anyone you disagree with. They're simply always going to exist... You might just call them something different as time goes on.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #68
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In summation: PR stunt is PR stunt. Moving on...

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #69
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
Michelle Obama is a scary lady if she wants to be and I'm pretty sure it's not really about getting something done anyway. It's about "increasing awareness." She'll probably sit down and have a chat IF either party even agrees. And they'll televise some small portion of that meeting where it seems like they're "really getting to the heart of the issue." Then nothing will change bc you can't get rid of bullies, bigots, criminals, etc or anyone you disagree with. They're simply always going to exist... You might just call them something different as time goes on.
I agree. Although I do think it was smart of her to do it, IF the intent was to get people talking about it. Yeah it's a PR stunt but it's got a guitar forum discussing it and many others around the world, so the bullying topic hasn't been swept under the rug. Not saying she did it for that reason but if she did, smart move.
Konfyouzd likes this.
DrakkarTyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #70
SS Contributor

Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.Rev2010 is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Of course not, but at least we know it wouldn't be wasting the presidents time and it wouldn't carry such a high degree of arrogance

Rev.
Konfyouzd likes this.

Unread 09-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #71
SS.org Regular

Blind Theory is just really niceBlind Theory is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
Countless times I've seen the parents of problem children and it starts to make sense. Idiocy breeds idiocy.
Seriously! I was at a park one time and this little kid, couldn't have been older than 4-5, started flipping me and others off and saying things like, ".... you asshole" for no reason at all. I thought it was funny but I went and informed his grandma because that was all that was there. Her response..."his mom isn't very strict. It isn't his fault she just isn't good at parenting." Then it hit me, the grandma obviously was a horrible parent, and leading by example as most parents do, turned her daughter into a horrible parent...the cycle will continue forever in that family
Blind Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #72
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Someone needs to remake that Lord of the Rings GIF. Boromir should say "One does not simply walk into the White House." Lady Gaga should then say "Um... Yes you do."
BigPhi84 and GATA4 like this.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #73
SS.org Regular

Mr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of light
She's going to bat for this because she was requested to by the friends and family of a young gay high school kid, Jamey Rodemeyer, who committed suicide.

This hasn't been noted by many of the posts.

While I'm not sure government can do anything about bullying, her intentions may be heartfelt or a PR stunt, but to ignore this kid and his family would've been a bad move on her part, so I don't think she's crazy.

"I'll stuff your body inside of my snare drum and do a blast beat at 600 BPM for 3 and a half hours."
Mr Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #74
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Violence View Post
her intentions may be heartfelt or a PR stunt, but to ignore this kid and his family would've been a bad move on her part, so I don't think she's crazy.
While your sentiments might be hearfelt or a PR stunt I still say she's crazy!

All joking aside, what would this world be like if every time a drunk driver killed someone, a kid committed suicide over being bullied, a person was beaten into a coma over their skin color, a person was killed for liking a certain type of music, a person got shot from a stray bullet during a gang shootout, a woman was raped, etc etc etc etc someone went to the president or got lawyers and politicians involved?

This is the way the world is going. Personally, I think the family's help and input could've probably helped the kid to rid himself of the idea of suicide. Not blaming them, I don't do the blame game. Problem is EVERYONE else plays the blame game and it always seems the parents are 100% faultless in this kind of circumstance.

Rev.
BigPhi84, Konfyouzd and murakami like this.

Unread 09-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #75
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Late to the party here. And she's hoping to accomplish what by doing this?

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote