homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
  
Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree461Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #301
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,823
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol niger 333 View Post
You are speculating to try and save face. The government required size of a sow crate in New Zealand COMPLETELY prevents the ability to turn around or even lie down properly. I've seen footage of 3 different industrial pig farms and it's hell. The look in their eyes will never leave my mind. We supposedly have higher standards of animal welfare than most countries too, another example of propaganda swaying general public consensus. I'd be willing to bet the dimensions would be even smaller in your country. Like I said I'm not trying to tell you how to live. Just to recognize the hypocrisy.

I don't need to post anything more. I really feel for the vegans having this argument every freaking day
The regulations you have in New Zealand are different than what we have here in the States. It's all about perspective and the area that you live in.



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on SevenString.org
   
Unread 08-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #302
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,004
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
No, actually, it isn't. What holds us back as a people is killing each other due to petty differences. An argument over what we should and shouldn't eat has no bearing on us as a people.

If that's how you see it then fine. I obviously see it differently.

There were several people telling those of us "meat eaters" that we shouldn't feel bad for the bear. Because we eat meat. That's wrong, and telling people how to feel because of their diet.

I never said that my feelings were more important than fact. I only asked that you show an unbiased article that supported your argument. Though I do feel strongly about my feelings. I'm quite sure you feel the same about yours.

See, You may feel like I have no place in an "intelligent debate", but being that this is the internet, I can go and participate as I please.
When people adopt the philosophy that they hold a certain position and nothing will change it, that's detrimental. That's what creates a lot of fighting.

You absolutely DID say that your feelings were more important than fact. You said that you didn't care about the facts, and that they haven't changed you at all. I'm not saying that you are that way across the board, but in this discussion, you are admittedly so.

Again, posting an article that supports the exclusion of animal products amongst human necessities is the same as posting an article that supports the describing of pumpkins as orange. Its not controversial, subjective bias, it's simple, logical fact that most people know. You brought up my feelings, but my feelings have had nothing to do with my position in this debate. I'm simply defending fact, because that's what debates consist of.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #303
I like stuff
 
sol niger 333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,521
Thanked: 52
sol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
The regulations you have in New Zealand are different than what we have here in the States. It's all about perspective and the area that you live in.
Yes ours were probably larger it also looks like legislation is in the works to abolish sow crates entirely in New Zealand but I'll believe it when I see it
sol niger 333 is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #304
I like stuff
 
sol niger 333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,521
Thanked: 52
sol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
When people adopt the philosophy that they hold a certain position and nothing will change it, that's detrimental. That's what creates a lot of fighting.

You absolutely DID say that your feelings were more important than fact. You said that you didn't care about the facts, and that they haven't changed you at all. I'm not saying that you are that way across the board, but in this discussion, you are admittedly so.

Again, posting an article that supports the exclusion of animal products amongst human necessities is the same as posting an article that supports the describing of pumpkins as orange. Its not controversial, subjective bias, it's simple, logical fact that most people know. You brought up my feelings, but my feelings have had nothing to do with my position in this debate. I'm simply defending fact, because that's what debates consist of.
sol niger 333 is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #305
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,823
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
When people adopt the philosophy that they hold a certain position and nothing will change it, that's detrimental. That's what creates a lot of fighting.

You absolutely DID say that your feelings were more important than fact. You said that you didn't care about the facts, and that they haven't changed you at all. I'm not saying that you are that way across the board, but in this discussion, you are admittedly so.

Again, posting an article that supports the exclusion of animal products amongst human necessities is the same as posting an article that supports the describing of pumpkins as orange. Its not controversial, subjective bias, it's simple, logical fact that most people know. You brought up my feelings, but my feelings have had nothing to do with my position in this debate. I'm simply defending fact, because that's what debates consist of.
But like I said, I don't believe you.

I say we do need meat, and that Vegans and Vegetarians are missing out on vital nutrients, that eating nothing but vegetable can not equally provide.

I like my point of view, it's come from my decisions and actions as an adult. It's how most people are, I am open to any and all opinions, but there's no need to get upset that I don't change who I am because I don't accept your opinions to be helpful to me.

If I found them to be helpful to me, or affect me positively, then maybe you could have had some kind of impact. But you didn't, and my opinion, and stance remain unchanged.

There's no need to get mad, or insulting about it.
BigPhi84 likes this.



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #306
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,004
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
But like I said, I don't believe you.

I say we do need meat, and that Vegans and Vegetarians are missing out on vital nutrients, that eating nothing but vegetable can not equally provide.

I like my point of view, it's come from my decisions and actions as an adult. It's how most people are, I am open to any and all opinions, but there's no need to get upset that I don't change who I am because I don't accept your opinions to be helpful to me.

If I found them to be helpful to me, or affect me positively, then maybe you could have had some kind of impact. But you didn't, and my opinion, and stance remain unchanged.

There's no need to get mad, or insulting about it.
You don't believe me? Well that's funny. If I told you that water puts out fires in large enough quantities, your disbelief doesn't mean I was giving you my opinion.

If I were presenting a controversial idea, I think more people would be speaking up about the necessity of evidence/support to back up my claims. As you've seen here, not many people are even disagreeing with my assertions, let alone requesting additional proof. Sorry bud.

If I tell you that Dinosaur bones were dug up out of the ground, and that's how we have them in our museums, would you ask for an article to support it? It's just goofy. I find it nearly unbelievable that you were brought up into adulthood without learning that there are many ways to be perfectly healthy without the use of animal products.


And to be clear, I've not insulted you or gotten angry in any instance without it having been a joke. You taking offense and being sensitive is the issue, not my being a dick.
highlordmugfug likes this.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #307
themuthaphukkindeath
 
highlordmugfug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: _
Posts: 4,006
Thanked: 47
highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
But like I said, I don't believe you.

I say we do need meat, and that Vegans and Vegetarians are missing out on vital nutrients, and eating nothing but vegetable can not equally provide.

I like my point of view, it's come from my decisions and actions as an adult. It's how most people are, I am open to any and all opinions, but there's no need to get upset that I don't change who I am because I don't accept your opinions to be helpful to me.

If I found them to be helpful to me, or affect me positively, then maybe you could have had some kind of impact. But you didn't, and my opinion, and stance remain unchanged.

There's no need to get mad, or insulting about it.
You do realize that if someone only ate vegetables they wouldn't be healthy, but that that isn't all that vegetarians or vegans eat. They eat everything that you do, only no cows, no pigs, no birds, no fish, no milk, and no eggs. Everything else is on the table.

The only thing that's 'difficult' to get is vitamin B12, but there are plenty of vegan and vegetarian sources of that, so you saying that they don't get 'vital nutrients' is based on... nothing.


Also, stop calling them opinions. You're arguing opinions, Adam is presenting facts.

Animal products aren't necessary to survive, the millions of people who've lived without them for long long periods of time are proof of that, and no they didn't all barely survive, and they weren't all weak and withered, or devoid of 'vital nutrients'. That's a fact. You can't argue with it, it's completely proven, undebatable.

Choosing to continue to eat/use animal products is a completely different matter. Do I care if someone eats meat: not in the slightest. Do I care if they support huge agribusinesses that .... up the planet and torture millions of animals while they do it: yes I do. Because the acts of the huge corporations effect me, people eating animals doesn't.




Once again, the reason I first brought up the similarity between the two was just so people would realize that there is a similarity. It's annoying as .... that people act like like I'm trying to make them stop eating meat simply by bringing up facts that they don't like.
TheHandOfStone and BigPhi84 like this.
highlordmugfug is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:19 AM   #308
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,823
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
You don't believe me? Well that's funny. If I told you that water puts out fires in large enough quantities, your disbelief doesn't mean I was giving you my opinion.

If I were presenting a controversial idea, I think more people would be speaking up about the necessity of evidence/support to back up my claims. As you've seen here, not many people are even disagreeing with my assertions, let alone requesting additional proof. Sorry bud.

If I tell you that Dinosaur bones were dug up out of the ground, and that's how we have them in our museums, would you ask for an article to support it? It's just goofy. I find it nearly unbelievable that you were brought up into adulthood without learning that there are many ways to be perfectly healthy without the use of animal products.


And to be clear, I've not insulted you or gotten angry in any instance without it having been a joke. You taking offense and being sensitive is the issue, not my being a dick.
You have, actually, insulted me.

You have said on multiple counts that I'm not intelligent. And have called me barbaric. I'm telling you how I have read your argument, and that I found it to be rude and insulting.

See, I know how fires are put out, because I've seen them be put out, and I've had to put them out.

As a child, on a trip to the museum, I asked my teacher how the fossils got to there.

Others didn't ask because they knew or didn't care. I didn't know, so I asked for a source. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm not about to just go about trusting some random person on the internet about a subject I don't know about. I told you before, that I've never heard that "People can live completely with out meat and be healthy." Quite, the contrary, actually. I've been taught and raised that eating nothing but vegetables isn't the best for you.

When being given a differing opinion on the matter, and one that someone is touting as fact, I was only asking for some proof.

I don't see why you have a problem with it.
BigPhi84 likes this.



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #309
themuthaphukkindeath
 
highlordmugfug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: _
Posts: 4,006
Thanked: 47
highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
When being given a differing opinion on the matter, and one that someone is touting as fact, I was only asking for some proof.

I don't see why you have a problem with it.
Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness
Robert Cheeke, a vegan body builder.

Donald Watson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Donald Watson, vegan for 60 years, vegetarian for 80.

Donald Watson - Vegan Society Founder
Another source on Watson, in case wikipedia isn't fully factual.
highlordmugfug is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:28 AM   #310
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,823
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I asked several times for unbiased sources :/

being that these are from Vegan funded sites, I can't trust them.



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #311
themuthaphukkindeath
 
highlordmugfug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: _
Posts: 4,006
Thanked: 47
highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
BLABBERMOUTH.NET - GEEZER BUTLER: Why I'm A Vegan

Geezer Butler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Geezer Butler is a vegan, though I'm not sure for how long, I've seen interviews where he stated that he stopped eating meat as a child.
highlordmugfug is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #312
themuthaphukkindeath
 
highlordmugfug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: _
Posts: 4,006
Thanked: 47
highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
I asked several times for unbiased sources :/

being that these are from Vegan funded sites, I can't trust them.
You find me articles about Vegans from sites that have nothing to do with veganism.

Do you think they used voodoo magic to make them live longer?
EDIT: Or did they use voodoo magic to make Robert Cheeke's muscles bigger?
highlordmugfug is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #313
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,004
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
You have, actually, insulted me.

You have said on multiple counts that I'm not intelligent. And have called me barbaric. I'm telling you how I have read your argument, and that I found it to be rude and insulting.

See, I know how fires are put out, because I've seen them be put out, and I've had to put them out.

As a child, on a trip to the museum, I asked my teacher how the fossils got to there.

Others didn't ask because they knew or didn't care. I didn't know, so I asked for a source. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm not about to just go about trusting some random person on the internet about a subject I don't know about. I told you before, that I've never heard that "People can live completely with out meat and be healthy." Quite, the contrary, actually. I've been taught and raised that eating nothing but vegetables isn't the best for you.

When being given a differing opinion on the matter, and one that someone is touting as fact, I was only asking for some proof.

I don't see why you have a problem with it.
I'm sorry if you felt insulted. While I'm tempted to just write you off as overly sensitive, I have too big of a heart for that, and am instead offering a genuine apology.

So, let's get this straight.... You've seen a fire put out by water, so you know it works. Should I make a documentary of my life while I eat a vegan diet to prove my points here? How were you satisfied when your teacher simply told you where the dinosaur bones came from? Why not ask for an article? What if I give you an article and the article just seems unbiased, but is actually just subjective information written in a very matter-of-fact sort of way? This is why I suggested that you just do a simple google search. Almost everybody else here knows that animal products aren't necessary for survival, which makes you the oddball out. I haven't posted a link based in that, for the most part. Additionally, I'm on an iPad, not a computer. It's a lot easier for you to look up links with a few clicks than it is for me to copy and paste a few for you to read. Lastly, you said you don't care about this, so I'm lead to believe that you're simply BS'ing and essentially bullying me into posting a link for the sake of playing devil's advocate. To that, I said "eh".
highlordmugfug likes this.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #314
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,004
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
Oh, and of course a purely vegetable based diet would be unhealthy. That's not what a vegan diet is. There's more food sources other than meat and vegetables. You can drop that one.
highlordmugfug likes this.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:35 AM   #315
themuthaphukkindeath
 
highlordmugfug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: _
Posts: 4,006
Thanked: 47
highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I've been vegan for 3 years, and I'm having no health issues. I'm perfectly healthy, I'm active, and I've got no deficiencies that I know of.

Or am I biased because I'm vegan.

Voodoo health, ftw.
highlordmugfug is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:38 AM   #316
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,823
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
I'm sorry if you felt insulted. While I'm tempted to just write you off as overly sensitive, I have too big of a heart for that, and am instead offering a genuine apology.

So, let's get this straight.... You've seen a fire put out by water, so you know it works. Should I make a documentary of my life while I eat a vegan diet to prove my points here? How were you satisfied when your teacher simply told you where the dinosaur bones came from? Why not ask for an article? What if I give you an article and the article just seems unbiased, but is actually just subjective information written in a very matter-of-fact sort of way? This is why I suggested that you just do a simple google search. Almost everybody else here knows that animal products aren't necessary for survival, which makes you the oddball out. I haven't posted a link based in that, for the most part. Additionally, I'm on an iPad, not a computer. It's a lot easier for you to look up links with a few clicks than it is for me to copy and paste a few for you to read. Lastly, you said you don't care about this, so I'm lead to believe that you're simply BS'ing and essentially bullying me into posting a link for the sake of playing devil's advocate. To that, I said "eh".
You do what you want to do, man. I won't watch it. Like I said, I have no problem with what you eat, only that you don't tell me how I should feel because of my diet.

What you think is a fact, isn't always a fact for everyone else.

Just look at religion. No, it's not the same thing, but what a religious person thinks is a fact, is for them, but not for me, or people that think along the same lines that I do.

I'm the oddball out here, for sure, but where I live, I'm not.

I lump fruits, vegetables, and grains into one category, so you can drop that one.



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:42 AM   #317
themuthaphukkindeath
 
highlordmugfug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: _
Posts: 4,006
Thanked: 47
highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
You do what you want to do, man. I won't watch it. Like I said, I have no problem with what you eat, only that you don't tell me how I should feel because of my diet.

What you think is a fact, isn't always a fact for everyone else.

Just look at religion. No, it's not the same thing, but what a religious person thinks is a fact, is for them, but not for me, or people that think along the same lines that I do.


I'm the oddball out here, for sure, but where I live, I'm not.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. @ bolded. If it's "a fact for them, but not for me" then it's an opinion.


" I have no problem with what you eat, only that you don't tell me how I should feel because of my diet."
So... us saying that we can live without animal products is bad, but you saying we can't live and are deficient in nutrients isn't?
And I do realize that Daemonbbq (or whatever the name is) was a bit... 'aggressive' but saying that animal products aren't necessary to stay alive while being proof that they aren't, is much less offensive it seems than calling all vegans and vegetarians nutrient deficient based on... what everyone else where you live thinks apparently.
BigPhi84 and Nimgoble like this.
highlordmugfug is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:44 AM   #318
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,823
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's my point, your "facts" are opinions to me. That's what they'll stay.


I never said deficient, just that you weren't getting an equal amount.



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #319
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,004
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
You do what you want to do, man. I won't watch it. Like I said, I have no problem with what you eat, only that you don't tell me how I should feel because of my diet.

What you think is a fact, isn't always a fact for everyone else.

Just look at religion. No, it's not the same thing, but what a religious person thinks is a fact, is for them, but not for me, or people that think along the same lines that I do.

I'm the oddball out here, for sure, but where I live, I'm not.

I lump fruits, vegetables, and grains into one category, so you can drop that one.

Ummm... Do you know what a fact is?

.....and to give you an example of that word used in a sentence: "It is a fact that fruit, vegetables and grains are different things."
BigPhi84 and highlordmugfug like this.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:49 AM   #320
themuthaphukkindeath
 
highlordmugfug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: _
Posts: 4,006
Thanked: 47
highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
That's my point, your "facts" are opinions to me. That's what they'll stay.


I never said deficient, just that you weren't getting an equal amount.
The FACT that Donald Watson ate a vegetarian diet for ~80 years and a vegan one for ~60 is NOT an opinion.

The FACT that Robert Cheeke is a vegan bodybuilder and is muscular as hell is NOT an opinion.

The FACT that I've had no problems due to my vegan diet of 3 years is NOT an opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post

I say we do need meat, and that Vegans and Vegetarians are missing out on vital nutrients, that eating nothing but vegetable can not equally provide.
Eh, semantics. Missing out on nutrients = nutrient deficiency.
highlordmugfug is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #321
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,823
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm well aware of what the food pyramid consists of.

I'm also aware that the vegan/vegetarian diet is grains, vegetables, and fruits.

hence why I lumped them together.

You guys aren't gonna give up, and neither am I. So we're at a deadlock.



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #322
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,004
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
Do you know what a fact is?

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #323
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,823
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes, but your opinion on the matter is an astounding, "No".



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #324
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,004
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
Explain to me what a fact is.
highlordmugfug likes this.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #325
themuthaphukkindeath
 
highlordmugfug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: _
Posts: 4,006
Thanked: 47
highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
Do you know what a fact is?
No, no he does not.


It's only a deadlock because you refuse to accept any proof contrary to what you already believe. You refuse to even acknowledge that it's possible to live without meat, having been given just in this thread 4 examples of people doing so.

It's called willful ignorance, or the True Believer syndrome, look it up.
highlordmugfug is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Les Paul Forum | Marshall Amp Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

SS.org proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2004-2014, SevenString.org. All Rights Reserved.