homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
  
Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree461Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #251
Pronounced "FEE"
 
BigPhi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,203
Thanked: 40
BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews







Brillat-Savarin- "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are."






Do people actually eat douch-nozzles? LOL. j/k
bostjan likes this.

Self-appointed member of the Sevenstring.org Welcoming Committee
(alongside Bloody_Inferno, Zealous, Shawn, Apophis, AliceAxe, M3CHKILLA, Fred the Shred, Explorer, and Sebastian) ROFL

My Policy: If you make me laugh in a post or offer something interesting/thought-provoking, you get Rep +1. Pretty simple, right? Waiting now for incoming barrage of funny jokes.

BigPhi84 is offline  
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on SevenString.org
   
Unread 08-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #252
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,045
Thanked: 110
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
Ghost: science doesn't consider cultural standards, and neither do I.

Phi: I'm not saying that we're herbivores, but science is not saying that we're omnivores. The facts I'm referring to is that we can survive, and in most cases even benefit from avoiding the use of animal products. Therefore, they're not necessary. Disagreeing with me by saying that you think it's alright to kill animals in a humane way is seriously slow. I'm starting to hate myself for saying that again

This debate has reached the point of stupid.
highlordmugfug likes this.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #253
Pronounced "FEE"
 
BigPhi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,203
Thanked: 40
BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
The facts I'm referring to is that we can survive, and in most cases even benefit from avoiding the use of animal products.

How so? I will say that I do believe that America has a big problem with huge portion sizes and meat/produce/grain ratios. But, none of my research has shown that moderate meat consumption harms the human body in ANY way.

"Moderation, moderation, in all things, moderation." Kinda my motto in life. (Except for ss.org. GAWD, I'm addicted!!!)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
This debate has reached the point of stupid.

Well, that's what happens when you have two sides that are so firm in their beliefs that neither will budge.

Self-appointed member of the Sevenstring.org Welcoming Committee
(alongside Bloody_Inferno, Zealous, Shawn, Apophis, AliceAxe, M3CHKILLA, Fred the Shred, Explorer, and Sebastian) ROFL

My Policy: If you make me laugh in a post or offer something interesting/thought-provoking, you get Rep +1. Pretty simple, right? Waiting now for incoming barrage of funny jokes.

BigPhi84 is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #254
Jessofperdition
 
tacotiklah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 4,513
Thanked: 69
tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostjan View Post
Wow, I'm gone for a couple days and the thread about a tragedy involving pretty vulgar abuse of bears got turned into pro- vs. anti- dairy?

I feel really sad for the bears in the story. It just broke my heart.
Another voice of reason! I tried to say the same thing to begin with. I think we got vegetrolled dude.

Y u no realize internet is cereal bidness!?

But I still you all, even the anonymous user that called me astonishingly ignorant. Can we kiss and have make up sex now? I heard an urban legend that chinese bear bile makes a great aphrodisiac.....
bostjan and BigPhi84 like this.


Not sure how to interact with transgender people? Read this:
http://tranifesto.com/transgender-fa...-trans-people/
Check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jessica-macarthur


"I have an easier time taking BabyMetal seriously than the vast majority of death and black metal that gets posted here." -wat

"You can fuck anything....how do you think evolution happened?" - mcd
tacotiklah is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #255
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,045
Thanked: 110
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPhi84 View Post
How so? I will say that I do believe that America has a big problem with huge portion sizes and meat/produce/grain ratios. But, none of my research has shown that moderate meat consumption harms the human body in ANY way.

"Moderation, moderation, in all things, moderation." Kinda my motto in life. (Except for ss.org. GAWD, I'm addicted!!!)
I said that in some cases, a person can benefit from not consuming animal products. The fact I mentioned is that we don't need animal products, and that science doesn't hold it as a fact that we're actually omnivores by necessity, just that we're able to digest meat.



Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPhi84 View Post
Well, that's what happens when you have two sides that are so firm in their beliefs that neither will budge.
....ing Oy. Again, this has nothing to do with belief. Its not my belief that we don't need animal products, it's fact. Why is this so hard to address?
highlordmugfug likes this.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #256
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,045
Thanked: 110
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstofperdition View Post
Another voice of reason! I tried to say the same thing to begin with. I think we got vegetrolled dude.

Y u no realize internet is cereal bidness!?

But I still you all, even the anonymous user that called me astonishingly ignorant. Can we kiss and have make up sex now? I heard an urban legend that chinese bear bile makes a great aphrodisiac.....


Again, no. There is every reason to have had the discussion we did. Why is that so hard to see? I'm not even a vegetarian, so this is not an example of vegan elitists taking advantage if a conversation. Unnecessary abuse or killing of animals takes place in bear bile production and family owned farms just the same, because nobody needs those products to live or even be happy. That is the point.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #257
Jessofperdition
 
tacotiklah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 4,513
Thanked: 69
tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oy. You win. I will burn in hell with a 128oz porterhouse. Please pass the brimstone and A1 sauce.

Now back to:
Those heartless bastards killed yogi!
Demiurge and BigPhi84 like this.


Not sure how to interact with transgender people? Read this:
http://tranifesto.com/transgender-fa...-trans-people/
Check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jessica-macarthur


"I have an easier time taking BabyMetal seriously than the vast majority of death and black metal that gets posted here." -wat

"You can fuck anything....how do you think evolution happened?" - mcd
tacotiklah is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #258
Pronounced "FEE"
 
BigPhi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,203
Thanked: 40
BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
I said that in some cases, a person can benefit from not consuming animal products.

There are some people that benefit from consuming animal products consequently. Calcium deficiencies, Iron deficiencies, Wheat and Gluten Intolerances, Coeliac Desease. Meat and dairy can help in these cases, by supplementing vital nutrients.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
The fact I mentioned is that we don't need animal products, and that science doesn't hold it as a fact that we're actually omnivores by necessity, just that we're able to digest meat.
You're getting your terms confused, Adam (is the cleverest of ways, too.) By definition, no omnivores NEED to eat meat. What "omnivore" means is that the digestive tract is able to digest animal proteins, along with the plant material. Sure, you can feed your pet dog only vegetables and grains and he'll live a long life, albeit miserable (Yeah, that's just my joking opinion)... but this leads into my next point.

Trying to use only three terms of Carnivore, Omnivore, and Herbivore, to classify animals is ineffective. Dogs descended from Wolves, who are obviously carnivores. Over the years though, dogs developed the ability to digest fruits and vegetables, so if anything, we should call them "Omnivores with a Carnovore Bias." Technically, I guess you would call humans, "Omnivores with an Herbivore Bias (and a craving for sweet, sweet meat )."



Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
....ing Oy. Again, this has nothing to do with belief. Its not my belief that we don't need animal products, it's fact. Why is this so hard to address?
"We don't need animal products" is a fact. "We shouldn't use animal products" is your belief.

If this was just you beating us with facts, then, there wouldn't be much of a discussion, would there. But, if you've ever thought, "Man, the world would be a better place if everyone became Vegans" or "Man, humans would be much healthier if they didn't eat meat," "Dairy products are wrong", or "Humans that consume animal products are wrong", then you have beliefs, beliefs that are not based in Science. Rather, as you have admitted earlier in this thread, your views are rooted in Philosophy. The fact that you're getting angry (or atleast annoyed) shows that you have some vested interest.


I'm going to try to make this my last post in this thread (Damn you, Adam, for sucking me in, even though I didn't want any part!!!!! ). Just know, that I'll be continue reading this thread and analyzing all the logical fallacies on BOTH sides of this argument. (The Meat-eaters are guilty of this as well.)





EDIT: For once, I'd love it if highlordmugfug "liked" one of my posts in this thread. Pretty-please???

Self-appointed member of the Sevenstring.org Welcoming Committee
(alongside Bloody_Inferno, Zealous, Shawn, Apophis, AliceAxe, M3CHKILLA, Fred the Shred, Explorer, and Sebastian) ROFL

My Policy: If you make me laugh in a post or offer something interesting/thought-provoking, you get Rep +1. Pretty simple, right? Waiting now for incoming barrage of funny jokes.

BigPhi84 is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #259
E♭M7(♭5)
 
TheHandOfStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nazareth, PA
Posts: 2,543
Thanked: 9
TheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Premise-Conclusion Write-Up

Okay, I've read the whole thread now, and I suddenly share momma bear's urge to It's not anyone in particular, but right now I'm going to address Adam of Angels ('cuz hating on him seems like the hip and trendy thing to do for some reason ).

Adam, I'm going to try and summarize your argument. Feel free to correct me on anything I'm missing:

1) We have absolutely no need for animal products - in fact, we're better off without them in some cases.
2) We possess a higher-level intellect compared to other animals; therefore, we should not condone unnecessary suffering.
3) Harvesting animal products usually (always?) causes suffering to the animal we take them from.

If you agree with all of these premises, what logically follows is that veganism (or something close to it) is the *only* morally-defensible stance to take on this issue. Adam, you're confusing me because you put forth a similar argument, but then you say you're not even a vegetarian.

No one should be immune to the consequences of their own philosophy. What do you wish to accomplish by convincing us of your position, and how do you justify the fact that you consume meat products? Not trying to come off as a dick, but your actions don't make sense to me in light of your arguments.

***EDIT: See my next post.***
BigPhi84 likes this.

"Food to help some wolf that eats your ass generate enough sperm to impregnate their mate. Right there.... boom. Your energy was literally used to create a baby wolf...so in some way you are apart of the wolf.
Non of this 'ima come back as a mighty shark and rule the sea or some shit' just death as we know it. You and all your youness totally gone. But your death is totally required for the rest of existence to thrive."
-BadStarWanderer on reincarnation
TheHandOfStone is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #260
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,834
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I believe he's said that he's not in a financial situation that would allow him to be a Vegan/Vegetarian.

I am also waiting to see this scientific facts that he's talked about. Just a simple website, that is neutral, that says that these facts are indeed facts.

that's not asking for much.



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #261
Spastic Kitchen!
 
bostjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: St. Johnsbury, VT USA
Posts: 7,558
Thanked: 15
bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Actually, dogs are classified taxonomically as carnivores, along with cats, bears, and otters.

Bears and wolves tend to be more willing to eat vegetable matter than cats and otters. Primates tend to prefer more vegetable matter in their diets than carnivora, but I think all primates have meat in their diets in their natural environments.

I happen to be a vegetarian, but I don't think that everyone should be totally vegetarian or vegan, unless they decide to do so themselves. It can be a fulfilling lifestyle for those who choose it.

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #262
E♭M7(♭5)
 
TheHandOfStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nazareth, PA
Posts: 2,543
Thanked: 9
TheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
I believe he's said that he's not in a financial situation that would allow him to be a Vegan/Vegetarian.
Ahh okay, I must have missed that. I believe that is a fair exception.

"Food to help some wolf that eats your ass generate enough sperm to impregnate their mate. Right there.... boom. Your energy was literally used to create a baby wolf...so in some way you are apart of the wolf.
Non of this 'ima come back as a mighty shark and rule the sea or some shit' just death as we know it. You and all your youness totally gone. But your death is totally required for the rest of existence to thrive."
-BadStarWanderer on reincarnation
TheHandOfStone is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #263
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,834
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I guess I underestimate the price of vegetables. I don't see how it's too hard, financially, to eat nothing but veggies. If anything it's what poor college kids could do instead of ramen and cheap Wal-Mart TV dinners :/



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #264
Spastic Kitchen!
 
bostjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: St. Johnsbury, VT USA
Posts: 7,558
Thanked: 15
bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A can of mixed veggies is, what, $0.49? The same amount of cheap hamburger is at least $0.89. Just FYI. Even high-protein beans are only about $0.69.

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #265
E♭M7(♭5)
 
TheHandOfStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nazareth, PA
Posts: 2,543
Thanked: 9
TheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'll consider trying a vegetarian diet, because once I go back to college I won't have my family to offer me free delicious steaks. Just gotta be sure to get my 8 non-manufacturable amino acids and plenty of protein for the crew season.

"Food to help some wolf that eats your ass generate enough sperm to impregnate their mate. Right there.... boom. Your energy was literally used to create a baby wolf...so in some way you are apart of the wolf.
Non of this 'ima come back as a mighty shark and rule the sea or some shit' just death as we know it. You and all your youness totally gone. But your death is totally required for the rest of existence to thrive."
-BadStarWanderer on reincarnation
TheHandOfStone is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #266
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,045
Thanked: 110
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
I actually never said I wasn't in a financial position to eat as a vegetarian, I said that I had temporary reasons for not doing so. Don't make stuff up because not everybody has the motivation to read the whole thread. I've been traveling for the better part of 6 months and haven't had the option of eating a strictly vegetarian diet. If I did, I'd go days without eating in some instances. I hate it, but I'll deal with my guilt. In the same way, I know I shouldnt drink, but I do drink once or twice a week lately. Anyway, even though I am not currently abiding by the rules of my own arguments, that doesn't mean that what I'm saying is not true. I'm just saying that it's stupid to say that I'm wrong by combating my objective position with your subjective position.

Anyway, as a rule of thumb, don't ask for a link to an informational website when a simple Google search will suffice. It will save me time, and you can perhaps sleep better tonight knowing that you gave up your own convenience for the sake of somebody else's. Just search for "do humans need meat?"

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #267
Pronounced "FEE"
 
BigPhi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,203
Thanked: 40
BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHandOfStone View Post
Okay, I've read the whole thread now, and I suddenly share momma bear's urge to It's not anyone in particular, but right now I'm going to address Adam of Angels ('cuz hating on him seems like the hip and trendy thing to do for some reason ).


TheHandOfStone, I know you were joking, but I just wanted to clarify and state that I do not hate Adam, in fact, it's very much the opposite. I really get along with him well, and his views and mine are eerily similar (except for this thread..... and maybe that one thread back in the day about Extraterrestrial life. You didn't think that I remembered that thread, did ya? ) Take it as you will, but Adam is one of the only SS.org people that I allowed on my facebook friends list.

Self-appointed member of the Sevenstring.org Welcoming Committee
(alongside Bloody_Inferno, Zealous, Shawn, Apophis, AliceAxe, M3CHKILLA, Fred the Shred, Explorer, and Sebastian) ROFL

My Policy: If you make me laugh in a post or offer something interesting/thought-provoking, you get Rep +1. Pretty simple, right? Waiting now for incoming barrage of funny jokes.

BigPhi84 is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #268
Pronounced "FEE"
 
BigPhi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,203
Thanked: 40
BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostjan View Post
Actually, dogs are classified taxonomically as carnivores, along with cats, bears, and otters.

Bears and wolves tend to be more willing to eat vegetable matter than cats and otters. Primates tend to prefer more vegetable matter in their diets than carnivora, but I think all primates have meat in their diets in their natural environments.

The problem becomes, "Where do you draw the line" when it comes to defining an omnivore then? Unlike herbivores and carnivores, omnivores don't have a distinct set of common features that can be used to classify the "group", unlike the other two categories. That's why I don't like the 3-category system. There's way too much grey area.

Self-appointed member of the Sevenstring.org Welcoming Committee
(alongside Bloody_Inferno, Zealous, Shawn, Apophis, AliceAxe, M3CHKILLA, Fred the Shred, Explorer, and Sebastian) ROFL

My Policy: If you make me laugh in a post or offer something interesting/thought-provoking, you get Rep +1. Pretty simple, right? Waiting now for incoming barrage of funny jokes.

BigPhi84 is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #269
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,045
Thanked: 110
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
Phi: There's not a disorder on the planet that absolutely requires somebody to eat meat. There are ways around it in every instance. This is the only position I'm defending. I don't actually have a super duper problem with people that eat meat. I don't completely condone it, but after all, I do eat fish and poultry at times.

For the record, I have NO personal issue with a single person on this board... Well, there's a few, but they know what they've done, and those issues are strictly circumstantial. These discussions are nothing more than debates to me and I would never allow them to create enemies.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #270
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,834
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
I actually never said I wasn't in a financial position to eat as a vegetarian, I said that I had temporary reasons for not doing so. Don't make stuff up because not everybody has the motivation to read the whole thread. I've been traveling for the better part of 6 months and haven't had the option of eating a strictly vegetarian diet. If I did, I'd go days without eating in some instances. I hate it, but I'll deal with my guilt. In the same way, I know I shouldnt drink, but I do drink once or twice a week lately. Anyway, even though I am not currently abiding by the rules of my own arguments, that doesn't mean that what I'm saying is not true. I'm just saying that it's stupid to say that I'm wrong by combating my objective position with your subjective position.

Anyway, as a rule of thumb, don't ask for a link to an informational website when a simple Google search will suffice. It will save me time, and you can perhaps sleep better tonight knowing that you gave up your own convenience for the sake of somebody else's. Just search for "do humans need meat?"
"I think he said" != "I know he said"

just saying bro.

But why should I waste my own time? It's your argument that you've constantly brought up. I don't have to do it for you, nor will I.

If you can't even provide a link to it, then it's obviously not important, and can be disregarded.



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #271
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,045
Thanked: 110
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
If you won't even open up an Internet browser and search Google, then you don't care, so don't ask me for a link. Nobody else is defending their emotions with links, so why should I defend my assertions with one? It's not like I'm claiming something that lays beyond the boundaries of common knowledge. If I said "Pumpkins are orange", what you require a link from me to support that notion?

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #272
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,834
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Of course I don't care, lol. It's not my argument I'm trying to support.

I had no idea that asking you to provide 1 link to an unbiased source that supported your argument of "factual" evidence, was requiring you to defend your emotions with web links.

I'm not going to go out of my way, just so I don't have to inconvenience you of doing the exact same simple task.



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Unread 08-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #273
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,045
Thanked: 110
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
I didn't say I was defending my emotions by providing a link, I was implying that the arguments against my own are nothing more than emotional responses.

T
highlordmugfug likes this.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #274
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 7,045
Thanked: 110
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
If you don't care, get out of the thread. What I argued is common knowledge, not something that needs to be referenced.
highlordmugfug likes this.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 08-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #275
Reggie J Worthington
 
Sicarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 2,834
Thanked: 7
Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So, what you're saying is that because the opponent of your argument is using emotion to respond to your "factual" claim, that you don't have to support it with evidence?

You see, I live in an environment, that is dominated by meat eaters, and either in my lack of interest in Veganism/Vegetarianism or simple apathy to most things, this "factual common knowledge" isn't so for me. I've never heard these claims before.

I merely asked that you provide a link, and you can't/ won't do it.

I care about the bear, bro, not about you, your cause, or your argument.



Through victory, my chains are broken.


Sicarius is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Les Paul Forum | Marshall Amp Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

SS.org proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2004-2014, SevenString.org. All Rights Reserved.