homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree245Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #126
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollesnes View Post
Depends.
Norway has a system that in some cases can be similar to the one they have in Canada. You will -not- get out of prison as long as you can be considered a danger to society. Meaning, if after 21 years he is still regarded as a threat to society, he will not be released. So technically, he -can- serve for life.
Yeah, there is such a thing as a life sentence, even though it's not directly applied.

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #127
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The death toll is now 91. This is pretty messed up.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #128
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Yeah. 84 shot and killed at the Utøya youth camp, and 7 in the bombing.

Police currently don't THINK there was a second gunner, but they are working hard to find out if there was. The same goes for the claims of him talking into a headset mic. We still don't know that this is true, as eyewitness reports are extremely unreliable.

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #129
Riff .....istrator

Schmeer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollesnes View Post
Depends.
Norway has a system that in some cases can be similar to the one they have in Canada. You will -not- get out of prison as long as you can be considered a danger to society. Meaning, if after 21 years he is still regarded as a threat to society, he will not be released. So technically, he -can- serve for life.
True, but he will still receive a maximum of 21 years, that can be extended 5 years a time. Typically he would still be eligible for parole after about 10 years, but I don't see that happening here. Also he will have to be considered "sane" to get such a sentence. Otherwise he'll be sentenced to treatment of some sorts.

This will be a true test for our courts and our penal system. There will be a lot of people demanding blood, and I can't say I blame them.

I see your schwartz is as big as mine
Schmeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #130
Banned

daemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
Yeah. 84 shot and killed at the Utøya youth camp, and 7 in the bombing.

Police currently don't THINK there was a second gunner, but they are working hard to find out if there was. The same goes for the claims of him talking into a headset mic. We still don't know that this is true, as eyewitness reports are extremely unreliable.
He also may recording what is happening through a bluetooth device, adding comments and stuff.
daemon barbeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #131
love & peace!

Cyntex is just really niceCyntex is just really nice
91 people died?! That is ....ing insane, think of all the families that he single handedly destroyed.. I was working today so I didnt get the news, but shit turned out to be even worse than I could imagine..

Even if he would get a life sentence that won't bring back those people, I can;t even think of an appropiate (not sure if its the right word im looking for) sentence.
BigPhi84 likes this.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
Cyntex is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #132
SS.org Regular

BabUShka is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This is horrible..
Over 90 people dead, most of them children and yound students.
A quick update for those who doesnt know the details:
This 32 years old (etnic Norwegian) traitor and nazi blows up a car in the capital of Norway, Oslo. Later the same man goes to a (peaceful)political summer camp for children, students and other youngs and just starts chasing and shooting people with an automatic gun. Almost 90 people shot and dead. Most of them are under 30 years old.
Man got cought yesterday and police knows his motives. Sadly the Norwegian law system is really kind.

This is really, really horrible and the whole nation is in tears. No one of my relatives or friends got hurt, but this is a happening that really touch all of our hearts.
BabUShka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #133
Green guitar addict

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntex View Post
Even if he would get a life sentence that won't bring back those people, I can;t even think of an appropiate (not sure if its the right word im looking for) sentence.
I'm not pro-death sentence as a whole, but I've always thought that people like this are beyond rehabilitation. Locking them up costs the taxpayers money (and some of them will have been affected by his crimes, remember), and he'll get out in a few years anyway because Norway's sentencing is so gutless.

In some, rare, cases like this one, with mass murder etc., the best thing they can do is just kill them. This guy will obviously never be able to make a positive contribution to society. He took 91 lives from totally innocent people, so it makes sense to me that the least they can do is take his.

*DISCLAIMER*

I'm not an extremist about this as a whole. I certainly don't believe that the death sentence is the best option for many things. In my opinion it should only ever be used in rare, very extreme cases like this, ie serial killing, mass-murder, serial rape or whatever. Cases where the sick .... who did it is totally beyond help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ConnorFGuitar?feature=mhee

You can thank me later. Or throw stones, it's your call.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious...
BucketheadRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #134
SS.org Regular

BabUShka is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Especially when it comes to murdering children..
Imo no human can descide if another person is supposde to live or die. But when it comes to murdering children; Those kind of murderers doesnt belong among us. they are not even worthy enough to be called animals.
BabUShka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #135
Banned

daemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabUShka View Post
This is horrible..
Over 90 people dead, most of them children and yound students.
A quick update for those who doesnt know the details:
This 32 years old (etnic Norwegian) traitor and nazi blows up a car in the capital of Norway, Oslo. Later the same man goes to a (peaceful)political summer camp for children, students and other youngs and just starts chasing and shooting people with an automatic gun. Almost 90 people shot and dead. Most of them are under 30 years old.
Man got cought yesterday and police knows his motives. Sadly the Norwegian law system is really kind.

This is really, really horrible and the whole nation is in tears. No one of my relatives or friends got hurt, but this is a happening that really touch all of our hearts.
Glad to hear you and your beloved once are safe man!
This Maniac should be work till he dies digging tunnels with his hands for infrastructure, and get shot with plastic ammunition everyday, to remind him what he did. The pain will remain till he dies, and he will serve the families and everyone else by building the infrastructure!
BabUShka likes this.
Unread 07-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #136
Green guitar addict

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon barbeque View Post
Glad to hear you and your beloved once are safe man!
This Maniac should be work till he dies digging tunnels with his hands for infrastructure, and get shot with plastic ammunition everyday, to remind him what he did. The pain will remain till he dies, and he will serve the families and everyone else by building the infrastructure!
Nah, just pull the plug on him. Subhuman Nazi scum like this don't deserve the privilege of being alive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

Unread 07-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #137
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon barbeque View Post
I think it's time for the mods to change the thread title.
It's not Terrorists attack Norway, It's a Dickhead maniac attack his own people. Or more Norwagian Dickhead Maniacs attackes their own people.
Maybe, Extreme Rightwing Christian should be added to wipe some "All terrorists are muslims" information form the common memory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern View Post
I agree, even though him being Norwegian still makes him a terrorist. But I guess people get the wrong idea from the title, so if a mod could be kind enough to change it to something appropriate that would be great.

My condolences to all the people and families who were destroyed, and to all the people of Norway in these dark hours. May the recovery be smooth and quick for your nation and its people.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #138
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post

My condolences to all the people and families who were destroyed, and to all the people of Norway in these dark hours. May the recovery be smooth and quick for your nation and its people.
Thanx Max!
Unread 07-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #139
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
Number of dead are now up to 92...

The police are now pretty sure that the bombing was a diversion, and that the youth camp was the real target.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #140
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimination View Post
wow, I'm so sorry. I had no idea this happened, I'll look into it more.

Prayers goes out to your people

Yeah, that part makes me a bit angry at the American media. This got so little coverage unless you went looking for it, which is kind of sad considering how big this is.
Hemi-Powered Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #141
SS.org Regular

Ryan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of light
People will be analysing this unique mind for a long time to come.

My heart goes out to the people of Norway.
Ryan-ZenGtr- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #142
love & peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketheadRules View Post
I'm not pro-death sentence as a whole, but I've always thought that people like this are beyond rehabilitation. Locking them up costs the taxpayers money (and some of them will have been affected by his crimes, remember), and he'll get out in a few years anyway because Norway's sentencing is so gutless.

In some, rare, cases like this one, with mass murder etc., the best thing they can do is just kill them. This guy will obviously never be able to make a positive contribution to society. He took 91 lives from totally innocent people, so it makes sense to me that the least they can do is take his.

*DISCLAIMER*

I'm not an extremist about this as a whole. I certainly don't believe that the death sentence is the best option for many things. In my opinion it should only ever be used in rare, very extreme cases like this, ie serial killing, mass-murder, serial rape or whatever. Cases where the sick .... who did it is totally beyond help.
On one hand I agree to a certain extent, but in my eyes that would be too easy and soft for him. Sure you could give him a lethal injection or send him to the gas-chamber but in my eyes that just doesn't quite do it.

On a other note, it's weird to see a lot of folks around here (NL) are making a fuzz about Amy Winehouse right now while I haven't read a single thing about the massacre not even 1000 miles from here...

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
Unread 07-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #143
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
On a other note, it's weird to see a lot of folks around here (NL) are making a fuzz about Amy Winehouse right now while I haven't read a single thing about the massacre not even 1000 miles from here...
That's insane... But one of the curses of modern society is that our prioreties are sometimes waaay off...

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Unread 07-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #144
Green guitar addict

Quote:
On one hand I agree to a certain extent, but in my eyes that would be too easy and soft for him. Sure you could give him a lethal injection or send him to the gas-chamber but in my eyes that just doesn't quite do it.
Wow... I was expecting people to neg me for being too harsh, apparently I'm not being harsh enough!

Unread 07-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #145
ss.org Regular

Dvaienat is a jewel in the rough
What a terrible thing to happen. I feel very sorry both for the victims and the families of people killed. Targeting children is terrible.

Honestly, I don't feel we should waste our kindness on such an evil man. I don't support the death penalty because there can be so many complications regarding evidence etc, and many criminals can be rehabilitated and given a second chance in society.. but in this case it is clear as day he is guilty and obviously such a person cannot be rehabilitated. Off with his head.

Nazism is possibly one of the worst beliefs one can come across.
Dvaienat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #146
Pretty wisdomous

Quote:
Wow... I was expecting people to neg me for being too harsh, apparently I'm not being harsh enough!
I could, if you want me to...

Otherwise, hold some impromptu chemistry, worked for me..

Unread 07-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #147
love & peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakke View Post
That's insane... But one of the curses of modern society is that our prioreties are sometimes waaay off...
Well, in their defence, it was'nt a feature on MTV...

Heh nah, people are just desensitized, yesterday was yesterday....
Most likely I am the insane one in their eyes for caring about people I never heard of or never saw. It's the same with the thousands of people starving to death right now.

Quote:
Well, don't get me wrong, essentially I am not pro-death, but imagine it was your son, daughter, sister, brother or whatever person you care for be it someone you know, would you be fine with the convicted getting off that easy, I mean his life is over anyway.

These things don;t happen that much in Europe, but in most cases I have read about (psycho shootouts) the guy more often than not kills himself to avoid other repercussions.

Even being harsh, like say going medieval on his ass, stoning him to death for example which is not a uncommon thing in this world, would still not bring your loved ones back. Bear in mind he didnt kill almost 100 people, he wrecked a lot more lives than that. I think whatever the punishment is, it still would not be enough.

On the other hand, where were his friends and family to take notice of this strange behaviour, they might have prevented this from happening.

Unread 07-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #148
"This is the end...

Furtive Glance is a glorious beacon of lightFurtive Glance is a glorious beacon of lightFurtive Glance is a glorious beacon of light
My sister lives there, and both my parents are visiting for 3 weeks. I'm sure they're fine, but this is just really unexpected and completely, frustratingly, infuriatingly shocking.

My deepest condolences to all those affected.

This is the end of dog racing."
Furtive Glance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #149
Pretty wisdomous

Quote:
Well, in their defence, it was'nt a feature on MTV...

Heh nah, people are just desensitized, yesterday was yesterday....
Most likely I am the insane one in their eyes for caring about people I never heard of or never saw. It's the same with the thousands of people starving to death right now
Point to you Sir

I would actually take it a step further and say that people are stupified, they do not even remotely concern themselves with what's happening in the world.

We took a weekly quiz in high-school about news for the week. I won every time because, I kid you not, I was the only one that could be bothered with watching the news...
Bigfan likes this.

Unread 07-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #150
Green guitar addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakke View Post

We took a weekly quiz in high-school about news for the week. I won every time because, I kid you not, I was the only one that could be bothered with watching the news...
I do watch the news but I wish I didn't most of the time, it makes me want to die.

It makes me realise just what a shitty, ....ed up place the world is.