homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree759Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #251
SS.org Regular

Overtone is a glorious beacon of lightOvertone is a glorious beacon of lightOvertone is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I happened to watch Apocalypse Now (redux) on Saturday and it's interesting to think about this in the context of the movie. Anyway, I think it's good news for the families of Al Qaeda and OBL's victims, and good for the morale of the armed forces. It's a shame it doesn't seem like it'll have much more impact beyond that... it's not likely to affect the war on terror in a big way, and in terms of domestic affairs the left and the right seem to be doing their usual thing and trying to find ways to tear one another to pieces. This is so much more than something to see debated on little green footballs, huffpo, et. al... it has the potential to provide closure and unite people, but it seems like nothing's changed so far. In 2008 you could really see a divide start to form in the American public. It's grown wider and wider. The idea that something like this will probably only serve to make that divide even greater is sad.
highlordmugfug likes this.
Overtone is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #252
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sell2792 View Post

Slayer is always relavent.

I was refering to the Tea Part bro
Hush lest you be labeled a fascist illegal immigrant!
sell2792 likes this.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #253
SS.org Regular

Blind Theory is just really niceBlind Theory is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
You both spoke of a tin foil hat brigade. Anyone that uses that phrase loses credibility in my eyes.
I spoke of them in a "I hope they don't pipe up" manner though. So I don't understand why I would lose credibility. Do they not exist? DO they not stir up trouble with their ideas? Are their ideas not extremely out there? I just don't get it.
Blind Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #254
SS.org Regular

Jogeta is just really niceJogeta is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just wish that it would bring back all the victims of the attacks he was involved with. Definitely sucks that life isn't more like some RPG games!

Kudos to everyone involved in hunting scumbags like this.

Ayman al-Zawahari next please.
Jogeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #255
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Okay, I lied. I actually have one more contribution:

40 Incredibly Stupid Facebook Reactions To Osama Bin Laden's Death: Pics, Videos, Links, News

:picard:
Randy and Mordacain like this.

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #256
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by synrgy View Post

40 Incredibly Stupid Facebook Reactions To Osama Bin Laden's Death: Pics, Videos, Links, News

Wow...I almost want to look at all of my blocked family member's status' to see if I need to bitchslap someone at the next family function.

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #257
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Hurr durr I haz an oponion

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #258
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordacain View Post
Wow...I almost want to look at all of my blocked family member's status' to see if I need to bitchslap someone at the next family function.
The boyfriend of one of my friends was saying stuff like:

i seen that this morning it about time they do something right

i know i have a point. they are not going to do anything.

they will be to scard to retaliate

with Bin Laden dead they will probably just eventually fade away because they believed he was bigger that the US and we proved that he was just an ordinary man when out troops killed him. they have no real leader now because all their beliefs were his.

it ain't gonna matter cuz we are gonna whip their asses like we've been doing. they will get the message and go into hiding if they are smart.

EDIT: Those are all copypasted.
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #259
SS.org Regular

Blake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of light
I think they should have brought him back to the Unitied States and stoned him to death!
Blake1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #260
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake1970 View Post
I think they should have brought him back to the Unitied States and stoned him to death!
Ironic timing
(see my above post)
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #261
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlordmugfug View Post
The boyfriend of one of my friends was saying stuff like:

i seen that this morning it about time they do something right

i know i have a point. they are not going to do anything.

they will be to scard to retaliate

with Bin Laden dead they will probably just eventually fade away because they believed he was bigger that the US and we proved that he was just an ordinary man when out troops killed him. they have no real leader now because all their beliefs were his.

it ain't gonna matter cuz we are gonna whip their asses like we've been doing. they will get the message and go into hiding if they are smart.

EDIT: Those are all copypasted.
Wow... luckily, the chief offenders in my family have apparently had a stroke of good sense and decided to not display their ignorance for once.

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #262
ss.org Regular

1000 Eyes is a jewel in the rough
has there been any evidence presented?
Or are we to accept the word of Professional Liars?
Just wondering...

Gadaffis son and grandchildren killed..billed as "unconfirmed reports" or propaganda from the media...other side of the coin, Osama dead (unconfirmed reports?)..media goes apeshit
daemon barbeque likes this.
1000 Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #263
SS.org Regular

Blind Theory is just really niceBlind Theory is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by synrgy View Post

Reading all of those gave me two emotions:
1) I laughed at a few
2) The majority made me sick

I am not a fan of Obama because I am from a conservative family but I wouldn't wish our President dead, that is just stupid to think. And second, it makes me sad to think that a lot of people don't know who Osama Bin Laden is. If you are under a certain age, sure, but a lot of people are my age and older, it is pathetic.
Blind Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #264
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
glad he's dead, doesn't change anything though sadly

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #265
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Jesus ....ing christ they're scraping the bottom of the gene pool.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #266
The HUMANCENTiPAD

DVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of light
I just read through all the stuff I missed over night. All I can say is its very refreshing to see people feeling the same way I do.

Once again I understand why people are celebrating, I truly do. Its just very upsetting to see how they're doing it. Not necessarily in this thread but the people who took to the streets. In my eyes all they've done is kill another person. Just another casualty of war. And thats no cause for the celebration that has been going on. But I suppose that is the American way it seems. I wish more people could see things from a different perspective instead of being blinded by "patriotism". Im all for loving your country, but sometimes its like Patriotism is used an excuse to do some bad things, or in this case celebrate the death of a single man.

Would there be this much of a celebration if say all of America got free healthcare? I really don't think so. What do you guys think?
SenorDingDong likes this.

http://www.facebook.com/Icosian
DVRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #267
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcrime1204 View Post
Ummm everyone knows that the war isn't over. Why do outsiders keep bringing it up? lol
Outsiders? I thought UK (referring to Plug's location) was in a big threat just because of terrorists and shit. And it really doesn't look like you 'insiders' did figure that the war isn't over.
Mn3mic likes this.
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #268
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVRP View Post
But I suppose that is the American way it seems.

Would there be this much of a celebration if say all of America got free healthcare?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurkkuviipale View Post
And it really doesn't look like you 'insiders' did figure that the war isn't over.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #269
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
They killed the bad man.
Some of you guys need to lighten up.

This great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
JeffFromMtl is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #270
The HUMANCENTiPAD

DVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry max, but it was just an observation. I tried so say it as nice as I could.

Edit- I tried to present some question because I wanted actual responses.

http://www.facebook.com/Icosian
DVRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #271
Geek-chic

liamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to all
Guys I just found out something ....ing amazing.
you know the soldiers that killed Osama?
They were seals. How ....ing awesome is that? I didnt even know they cold hold guns with their flippers.
I can imagine it now; a seal wearing shades and a leather jacket, holding the biggest ....ing shotgun you have ever seen in your life, knocking down the door, delivering a cracking one liner, and blowing the absolute shit out of Osama's face.
liamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #272
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
This debate is getting a little heated guys, lets take a break shall we and listen to the sounds of Big Mountain singing Peter Framptons hit "baby i love your way" on BBC's Top of the Pops II:

- Now, proceed...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #273
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVRP View Post
Sorry max, but it was just an observation. I tried so say it as nice as I could.
No need to appologize for sharing your opinion, it's your right.

Just like it's my right to think your opinion is pretty shit. Because it's just the way us stupid, fat Americans are with our tyranical rulers, poor education and over patriotism.

CooleyJr, orb451 and Chickenhawk like this.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #274
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
I found an interesting article: Jonathan Kay: Bin laden isn’t dead, he’s living with Elvis | Full Comment | National Post

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #275
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I could just picture Elvis, Tupac and Biggie teaching the new recruits, Osama included, how to lasso a bronco on Dead Celebrity Ranch somewhere down in Mexico.
Randy likes this.

This great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
JeffFromMtl is online now   Reply With Quote