homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree9Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Highly Contagious AIDS-Like Disease Spreading in China

Highly Contagious AIDS-Like Disease Spreading in China | China | Epoch Times

Well guy's, we had a good run.

Seriously though, discuss.
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
..... .....

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Unread 04-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
Rainbow In The Dark

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Not much reason to panic yet to me; if I understand correctly the CDC/other groups are just recently starting to go hardcore on figuring out what the hell it is and how to kill it, and like the article said, all they've really tested for is HIV. Those guys do not .... around. I wouldn't doubt there'd be leaps and bounds on it relatively soon.

Still horrible what's happening to them of course.

EDIT: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8505998.stm
This article posits a very strange and kind of implausible explanation. I wouldn't doubt that screwing with facts like that would happen in China, but the whole of it kind of makes no goddamn sense. If I can pick and choose sections though, it could also be considered that information has been censored or skewed until hopefully in the near future when international organizations get deeper into the problem.

Praise the sun!
Unread 04-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #4
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Whatever is happening to them is horrible, whether it is only mental or caused by an actual virus. However I don't think there is reason to panic. I believe they haven't actually witnessed the "virus" being transmitted and only have claims from those affected who say it has spread to their families. If it can be confirmed that it actually has spread to their families I'd be more concerned.
Randy likes this.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Unread 04-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #5
The DeRailer

silentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hmm, some thoughts.
1. All that polluted air finally caught up with them! :
Seriously though,
1. The chinese government tends to play-down any potentially de-stablizing information, so it may be worse than is being reported.
2. The way this virus infects sounds familiar to hepatitis, which is very prevalent in developed nations in asia. I only know about it because I have it, you're not supposed to use the same utensils or pass body fluids to anyone, but most people have gotten their hep a/b shots. So this may be a mutated strain of hepatitis?
3. If infection is so easy, could it be communicable through the air? If that was the case things might get pretty ugly.
4. Some experts diagnosed patients with "aids-phobia"... ....ing seriously?
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:52 AM   #6
Guitar Popcicle

AK DRAGON is just really niceAK DRAGON is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This may not bide to well with the world as a whole. From what little information we know about this new 'superbug', I'll call it, we all may be in deep trouble. Especially how the Chinese media likes to 'downplay' events such as this.

BBC China's mystery HIV-like disease may be all in the mind

Any bodily fluid contact? In the mind? Then explain why a 2yr old thinks they have it?
Unread 04-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
The DeRailer

silentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
"They suspect extreme guilt or anxiety about an act the men are ashamed of - sex with a prostitute - is affecting their immune systems, making them feel ill."

And these people call themselves doctors, that is close to religious dogma, the kind of bullshit they're flinging is so obvious as to make me doubt that they're sincerely trying to cover it up, it's almost as if they're doing this purposely to make people doubt them? Or are they really that incompetent? God...

But... on the off chance that it is some kind of a mental disorder, then a 2 year old having it would mean it operates without the involvement of guilt, unless that 2 year old had been ....ing around more than he should. However I'm gonna say that possibility is a little fringe-y.
Unread 04-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow... an epidemic which has barely registered a blip on the major news services!

I'm seeing a huge amount of tiny little bursts, but CNN/BBC/etc. have yet to have put up any major facts. How did Epoch manage to find so many sources?

What I found most frustrating about the Epoch reporting was the lack of followup and pitctures. If the little girl seriously had blood spotting, that would have made a great photo, and a child wouldn't/couldn't fake such symptoms.

Just like all the UFO/Atlantis/"You Gotta Believe Me!" threads, I'll wait until there are a few more facts on the table before I start speculating on how probable this is....

----

Edit: I just reread the initial story. This guy dropped from 181 to 115. His wife and child developed the same symptoms three months later... which would place their having being ill at February 2009. It's now 2 years on. Where are the wife and daughter?

The article also talks about the Department of Health of Guangdong Province. They do have a website, but I'm not seeing a huge investigation on it regarding an epidemic or even such a virus. They do have some pretty amazing statistics and stories on it, and if they're willing to talk about the death rate from tuberculosis, I don't think they'll be holding back on something of this nature.

This story, which will need machine translation if you don't read Chinese, contains the following:

"The responsible person said that the Ministry of Health had announced the preliminary findings of mainly psychogenic reaction, hysteria caused by psychological factors, but the results were "patients" of the question, because they always feel symptoms."

I don't know about you all, but this particular citizen of the world thinks that anthropomorphic global warming is more of a problem. Of course, that's if you're looking for something you can do something about....
johnythehero likes this.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Unread 04-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Considering bird flu and swine flu were supposed to be this horrific epidemic and barely anything happened, I don't tend to get too into news stories like this anymore.
AxeHappy and Facebones like this.
Unread 04-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #10
Doc McStuffins

USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
Considering bird flu and swine flu were supposed to be this horrific epidemic and barely anything happened, I don't tend to get too into news stories like this anymore.
The problem with H5N1 and other virulent pathogens is in how the media misportrayed it. They made it seem like the end-of-days was here. These diseases, much like E.M.P. or megaquakes, are possible (and sometimes statistically probable), but its all about emergency preparedness and it shouldnt be about scaring the public.

One of the books I read... I think it was Great Influenza but they're all blending together (I can check my library when I get home if anyone actually cares)... the writer was talking about how when he went through med school they never even talked about the 1918 flu and this was in the 50/60's. His parents that lived through it never talked about it. When he found out, he had no idea there was a recent pandemic just 50 years ago. The point is, it wasnt that long ago that something so horrific happened that infected a 1/2 billion and killed off nearly 100 million people. I've attended a lecture by Dr Laurie Garrett (author of Coming Plague... phenomenal book)... and she talks about the narrowly averted disasters and how we've pretty much created are own pathogenic mess through mismanagement of drugs/treatments, the crowding of population centers/megacities, and ineffective policies.

So its kind of like the boy who cries wolf here. Just because we've rolled the dice and it hasn't happened doesn't mean that it won't... and our infrastructure is woefully unprepared for a biological disaster... but the media reports it like 'it was supposed to happen' and didnt...

And seriously... google Lesch-Nyhan syndrome... that was the worst thing I ever studied. I remember being on the train and a lady made me close my pathology book. I'm being nice and not including the pic with this post!

I'm a lover… Not a fighter... But I'm also a fighter, so don’t get any ideas.
Unread 04-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #11
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
I don't doubt disease being an ever present danger to mankind, but the fact is the media overreacts to things like this and to be honest a lot of doctors don't help. I know here when we had the swine flu 'epidemic' a lot of doctors actually diagnosed swine flu over the phone to patients without seeing them, purely to deal with the huge amount of patients coming in reporting similar symptoms. Many of these weren't swine flu at all, and some of them were more serious cases that went unnoticed because it was not dealt with properly.
Unread 04-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #12
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
^^USmarine75:
Yeah, the Great Influeza of 1918 was serious ....ing business. Liquefying peoples lungs (seriously) and all sorts of other fun. Pretty sure the main reason it was so bad was because of it causing Cytokine Storms in a large number of people that had it. U took a class on Infectious Diseases a few semesters ago and I had to give a presentation on it.
Unread 04-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #13
Is A Complete Idiot.

GazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Were we all not meant to have died from bird flu and swine flu by now?

http://www.youtube.com/GazPots <--- Guitar vids.

www.soundclick.com/GazTop <--- Random Guitar tunes.
Unread 04-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
Frets? What frets?

Varcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud of
The Epoch Times tends to overplay the whole "THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT IS EVIL AND HIDING THINGS FROM YOU/HARVESTING YOUR ORGANS/GIVING YOU AIDS" line. Even other Chinese dissidents think they're batshit crazy. Not a particularly credible source for news concerning China, especially considering it's essentially the mouthpiece for Falun Gong. Asking the Epoch Times to be objective about the PRC is like asking Fox News to give you fair and balanced assessment of a Democrat's presidency. If Democrats had shot Bill O'Reilly, sent Glenn Beck to a work camp and prosecuted anyone who's ever watched his show.

That doesn't sound like the worst idea in the world...

They're not always wrong, and the PRC is run by a rather shady and unaccountable group of aging politicos, but they're frequently a million miles off the mark and a broken clock is right twice a day.
Guitarman700 likes this.

SchecterWhore: "Development, phase four. Beethoven
takes you for a ride through space in his Pontiac Trans Am."
Unread 04-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #15
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazPots View Post
Were we all not meant to have died from bird flu and swine flu by now?
I got swine flu, it is the most ill I've ever felt, but still wasn't much.
Unread 04-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

ArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of lightArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of lightArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
I got swine flu, it is the most ill I've ever felt, but still wasn't much.
I got it too, and I was stuck in bed for about nine days. It was shitty but I listened to Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da in its entirety thirteen times so it was sort of worth it.
Unread 04-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #17
I AM AHAB!!!!

5656130 has a spectacular aura about
If this story is true there's nothing on the CDC website about it.
Unread 04-05-2011, 02:33 AM   #18
Guitar Popcicle

AK DRAGON is just really niceAK DRAGON is just really nice
Maybe someone possibly re gift wrapping an April Fools Joke?
Unread 04-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #19
themuthaphukkindeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK DRAGON View Post
Maybe someone possibly re gift wrapping an April Fools Joke?
Created: Mar 30, 2011

Nope.
Unread 04-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #20
A Chap Called Ross

Ah its bullshit. Unless it's the T virus and it's at my window, I don't care.
Unread 04-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #21
Banned

aslsmm is just really niceaslsmm is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
its a scary thought but if we get dustin hoffman on the case we'll be fine.
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #22
ss.org Regular

1000 Eyes is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMarine75 View Post
The problem with H5N1 and other virulent pathogens is in how the media misportrayed it. They made it seem like the end-of-days was here.
At the behest of Big Pharma no doubt.
Unread 04-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #23
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
BS Solution Coming Up!

What if it is AIDS, just not caused by HIV? What about if their is some other virus doing about the same thing as HIV, but it isn't HIV, thus causing AIDS.

I know, its really lame, but I feel that its has the same possibility of being true as the "Its all in their head" possibility.

I find it odd that the Daily Mail hasn't covered this at all. They seem to blow health related news stories way out of proportion, more than any American news source, at least.
Unread 04-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #24
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
What if its a secret Bio-attack?

What if its the New Black plague?

What if these people were actually infected by "vaccines"?

What if its a nervous system disorder that is somehow caused by nature/electromagnetics somehow?

What if its a sensationalized story about nonsense?

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Unread 04-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #25
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
What if its a secret Bio-attack?

What if its the New Black plague?

What if these people were actually infected by "vaccines"?

What if its a nervous system disorder that is somehow caused by nature/electromagnetics somehow?

What if its a sensationalized story about nonsense?
After reading up on this some more, I'm banking on that last one.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Closed Thread