homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

ss22 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm not usually in the habit of reading this kind of trash....

....but a friend sent me this article by everyone's favourite neo-conservative cheerleader: Ann Coulter.

The Middle East is on fire again, and crazy Muslims with funny names aren't helping things -- Mahmoud, ElBaradei, al-Banna, Barack ...

The major new development is that NOW liberals want to get rid of a dictator in the Middle East! Where were they when we were taking out the guy with the rape rooms?

Remember? The one who had gassed his own people, invaded his neighbors and was desperately seeking weapons of mass destruction? The guy who emerged from a spider hole looking like Charlie Sheen after a three-day bender?

Liberals couldn't have been less interested in removing Saddam Hussein and building a democracy in Iraq. So it's really adorable seeing them get all choked up about democracy now. Say, as long as liberals are all gung-ho about getting rid of out-of-touch, overbearing dictators, how about we start with Janet Napolitano?

Why did they want to keep Saddam Hussein in power again? Yes, that's right -- because he didn't have stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction. Their big argument was that Saddam was five long years away from developing them.

By my calculations, that means as of March 2008, Israel would have been gone and Saddam would have been in total control of the Middle East.

Thanks, liberals!

But they were shocked by Mubarak. Liberals angrily cited the high unemployment rate in Egypt as a proof that Mubarak was a beast who must step down. Did they, by any chance, see the January employment numbers for the United States? The only employment sectors showing any growth at all are medical marijuana cashiers, Hollywood sober-living coaches and "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" understudies filling in for maimed cast members.

Are we one jobs report away from liberals rioting in the street?

Mubarak supported U.S. policy, used his military to fight Muslim extremists and recognized Israel's right to exist. Or as the left calls it, three strikes and you're out.

Obama was so rough on the Egyptian leader, the Saudis reportedly had to ask him not to humiliate Mubarak. (You know, like Chinese President Hu did to Obama.) In fact, Mubarak may be the only despot Obama didn't bow to.

You'd think Mubarak and Obama would be natural allies. Mubarak lives in Egypt; Obama created a pyramid scheme known as ObamaCare. To win Obama's support, maybe Mubarak should have dropped the whole "president" thing and called himself "czar." Obama seems to like czars.

Or he should have announced that Egypt was going to blow $500 billion on a high-speed bullet train nobody wanted.

You know another country where Obama wasn't interested in democracy? (I mean, besides the U.S. when it comes to health care reform?) That's right -- Iran.

Iran is ideal for democracy: It has a young, highly educated, pro-Western population, and happens to be led by a messianic, Holocaust-denying lunatic.

Liberals say: Why upset that apple cart? Much better to support tumult and riots against our allies than our sworn enemies.

When peaceful Iranian students were protesting Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's stolen election in 2009, we didn't hear a peep out of Obama. The students had good reason to believe the election had been rigged. In some pro-Ahmadinejad districts, turnout was more than 100 percent.

Wait, no, I'm sorry -- that was Al Franken's election to the U.S. Senate from Minnesota. But there was also plenty of vote-stealing in Ahmadinejad's election.

When it came to Iran, however, the flame of democracy didn't burn so brightly in liberal hearts. Even when the Iranian protester, Neda, was shot dead while standing peacefully on a street in Tehran, Obama responded by ... going out for an ice cream cone.

But a mob of Egyptians start decapitating mummies, and Obama was on the horn telling Mubarak he had to leave. Obama didn't acknowledge Neda's existence, but the moment Egyptians started rioting, Obama said, "We hear your voices."

He can hear their voices? He couldn't hear the voices of the tea partiers, and they were protesting on the streets of Washington, D.C.

But as long as Obama can hear the voices of protesters in Cairo, why doesn't he ask them what they think about ObamaCare? Maybe the Egyptians can change his mind.

The fact that liberals support democracy in Egypt, but not in Iraq or Iran, can mean only one thing: Democracy in Egypt will be bad for the United States and its allies. (As long as we're on the subject, liberals also opposed democracy in Russia, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and all the Soviet satellite states, China, Vietnam, North Korea, Cuba, Grenada, Nicaragua and Minnesota.)

Democrats are all for meddling in other countries –- but only provided a change of regime will harm U.S. national security interests.

Time and again, Democrats' fecklessness has emboldened America's enemies and terrified its allies, which I believe was the actual slogan of the State Department under Jimmy Carter: "Emboldening America's enemies, and terrifying her allies, since 1976."

For 50 years, Democrats have harbored traitors, lost wars, lost continents to communism, hobnobbed with the nation's enemies, attacked America's allies, and counseled retreat and surrender. Or as they call it, "foreign policy."

As Joe McCarthy once said, if liberals were merely stupid, the laws of probability would dictate that at least some of their decisions would serve America's interests.

Welcome to AnnCoulter.com

Is she just being wilfully ignorant or is she really so stupid as to suggest that an internal popular uprising is the same thing as the invasion of a country?
ss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The woman is quite simply insane.
Soubi7string likes this.
Daemoniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Bitch be crazy.
Ann coulter is literally the worst person in the world.
also:

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
POSTING ON INTERNET

Miek is just really niceMiek is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I have no clue whether she is legitimately bugshit insane or if she's just trolling.
Miek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

ArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of lightArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of lightArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of light
I'll bet any amount of money that she's just insane.
ArkaneDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkaneDemon View Post
I'll bet any amount of money that she's just insane.
This, she's just crazy.
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
Banned

AySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to all
Dangerous Insanity. We don't let Charles Manson spread his message in the national media. Why is she different?
AySay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AySay View Post
Dangerous Insanity. We don't let Charles Manson spread his message in the national media. Why is she different?
A think a couple of charges for murder maybe hahahaha

Every country has their lunatics (I have no idea who this woman is, she could be a murderer and I'd have no idea). I was watching 'The Daily Politics' on TV around lunchtime the other day and say some douchebag, skanky old prisoner rallying for support of the prisoner's vote in this country. He was ranting on about how everybody else gets the vote and that his opposition (the politician in the studio placed to show the other side of the dispute) was just some political fat cat who knows nothing of prison life - like that's a bad thing.

After the old guy finishes ranting with the question 'Why shouldn't I have the right to vote for my country's leader" to which the politician replied "you brutally murdered three people including a child".

The prisoner starts laughing (he's on a live feed from prison, haha) "What's that got to do with it, you're just trying to discredit me"

Nobody takes any notice of these lunatics, and the minority that do never get anywhere...

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #9

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post

Every country has their lunatics (I have no idea who this woman is, she could be a murderer and I'd have no idea). I was watching 'The Daily Politics' on TV around lunchtime the other day and say some douchebag, skanky old prisoner rallying for support of the prisoner's vote in this country. He was ranting on about how everybody else gets the vote and that his opposition (the politician in the studio placed to show the other side of the dispute) was just some political fat cat who knows nothing of prison life - like that's a bad thing.

After the old guy finishes ranting with the question 'Why shouldn't I have the right to vote for my country's leader" to which the politician replied "you brutally murdered three people including a child".

The prisoner starts laughing (he's on a live feed from prison, haha) "What's that got to do with it, you're just trying to discredit me"

Nobody takes any notice of these lunatics, and the minority that do never get anywhere...

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #10
OVER THE LINE!

Wingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post

I hump your post

How on earth prisoners think they're entitled to a vote is absolutely ridiculous

Shono.........

ahead of his time
Wingchunwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #11
OVER THE LINE!

Wingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphos68 View Post
Why?????

Shono.........

ahead of his time
Wingchunwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
“You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.”

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I think everyone should just ignore her, Or respond like henry did in the vid I posted.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #14
POSTING ON INTERNET

removed to avoid a thread derail
Unread 02-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

ArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of lightArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of lightArkaneDemon is a glorious beacon of light
People like Ann Coulter shouldn't open their mouths because of how stupid they are. How people like her is beyond me.

On an offtopic note (related to the prisoner thing), I think prisoners should be allowed to vote. I don't know why though.
ArkaneDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #16
POSTING ON INTERNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkaneDemon View Post
People like Ann Coulter shouldn't open their mouths because of how stupid they are. How people like her is beyond me.

On an offtopic note (related to the prisoner thing), I think prisoners should be allowed to vote. I don't know why though.
The people who like her aren't people whose opinions are challenged by her. They're people who agree with her; it's basically the definition of preaching to the choir. She's often lauded as the model conservative* woman. Indeed, she (not humorously) ironically spouts misogynistic rhetoric and small minded "family values" nonsense.

*You can likely substitute this for neoconservative.
Unread 02-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #17
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
I'm a ravenous savage, I'll tear her apart - I'll eat her ....ing guts and her brains.

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
CrushingAnvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #18
Nothing to see here

-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold
Controversy is good for business.
-42- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

Mr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I had the urge to write a point by point retort, but realized it would be such a waste of time.

Sidenote:...Ann Coulter...I'd still hit it...

...with a truck.

"I'll stuff your body inside of my snare drum and do a blast beat at 600 BPM for 3 and a half hours."
Mr Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
The woman is batshit crazy, but hell if I wouldn't take a ride on the Coulter-Train. Just as long as she doesn't talk.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #21
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
I know I've said this before, but Ann Coulter truly incites mouthey-punchey feelings for me. I pray I never have to hear her spout her brand of nonsense in person, as I'm not sure I'd be able to resist the urge.

Mind you, I haven't been in a fight since I was 9 years old (22 years ago! ) and I would never hit a woman, but I fear I would want to make an exception in this case.

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #22
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Soubi7string likes this.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #23
Nothing to see here

-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold
I would give you some positive rep for that video Randy, but the love must be spread around apparently.
-42- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #24
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
This makes twice I almost posted "I F***ed Ann Coulter in the A**" on here. However, I don't know if it would violate the NSFW rules, so I'll just share the best line after the entire scene:

"Thanks for not staring at my Adam's Apple."

*laugh*

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #25
Kaboom.

BangandBreach is just really niceBangandBreach is just really nice
Everyone is posting how stupid she is, but no one is posting rebuttals or doing anything but name calling.

Why?
BangandBreach is offline   Reply With Quote