homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
  
Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Like Tree4Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #26
Banned
 
orb451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LV426
Posts: 2,001
Thanked: 98
orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangandBreach View Post
Everyone is posting how stupid she is, but no one is posting rebuttals or doing anything but name calling.


Why?
You must be new here. Welcome

That's the way 99% of all the discussions go on here, name-calling, labeling, stereotyping, etc.
orb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #27
Classy
Super Moderator
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Electric City, NY
Posts: 18,956
Thanked: 173
Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Rich, you're going to seriously water down any validity of your decision making skills if you're implying Ann Coulter deserves anything but name calling. She's beyond fringe. Pick your allies carefully, bro.
AxeHappy likes this.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #28
Banned
 
orb451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LV426
Posts: 2,001
Thanked: 98
orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Rich, you're going to seriously water down any validity of your decision making skills if you're implying Ann Coulter deserves anything but name calling. She's beyond fringe. Pick your allies carefully, bro.
I wouldn't call her an ally Randy, but I've never understood the Left's obsession with her and people like her. I mean, isn't it painfully obvious that she's doing this for the attention/money? That is, making stupid statements, creating controversy, getting people to talk about her and the last remark she made and so on?

I dunno, but that's the way I see her and people like her. Fringe? Oh for sure, but dangerous? Lethal? Meh... what's that meme they use now and then? Obvious idiot is obvious or something like that... She's a shock-jock. Nothing more. The more people hang on every dumbassed thing she says, the more attention, energy and time is wasted that could spent elsewhere.
orb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #29
Classy
Super Moderator
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Electric City, NY
Posts: 18,956
Thanked: 173
Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
And, if you notice, the majority of the people bothering to directly engage her in this thread are people who are usually apolitical on this board. She's like WBC... it's not the people that people typically criticize the church who criticize them, it encompasses people who just get enraged by the level of "WTF?!" going on there.

For people like myself, I don't even bother debating about Ann... it's just kinda like "Oh, that bitch." and a joke or two; because we know she's just "shock jock". To people who are only casually political, I don't think they "get" her shtick.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #30
Banned
 
orb451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LV426
Posts: 2,001
Thanked: 98
orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
And, if you notice, the majority of the people bothering to directly engage her in this thread are people who are usually apolitical on this board. She's like WBC... it's not the people that people typically criticize the church who criticize them, it encompasses people who just get enraged by the level of "WTF?!" going on there.

For people like myself, I don't even bother debating about Ann... it's just kinda like "Oh, that bitch." and a joke or two; because we know she's just "shock jock". To people who are only casually political, I don't think they "get" her shtick.
Yeah definitely, same with a few other popular Right-Wing talking heads, people just don't get it.
orb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #31
He seldomly knows...
 
Explorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Posts: 5,455
Thanked: 87
Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
As noted, it takes a huge amount of effort to debunk, point by point, every thing Coulter says. If anyone is interested in where she's gone wrong, do a search through Google or a similar search engine, and you'll find plenty of pages where people point out the obvious. There's also some funny YouTube postings where she is factually wrong, but never in doubt, even when called on it.

I like that Orb called her names too. *laugh*

I guess I don't get how one can call such ignorance "schtick," but I guess that's one label for such behaviour, whether from Coulter, the WBC or the neo-Nazis or whoever else. I have other names for such things....

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #32
Banned
 
orb451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LV426
Posts: 2,001
Thanked: 98
orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
As noted, it takes a huge amount of effort to debunk, point by point, every thing Coulter says. If anyone is interested in where she's gone wrong, do a search through Google or a similar search engine, and you'll find plenty of pages where people point out the obvious. There's also some funny YouTube postings where she is factually wrong, but never in doubt, even when called on it.

I like that Orb called her names too. *laugh*

I guess I don't get how one can call such ignorance "schtick," but I guess that's one label for such behaviour, whether from Coulter, the WBC or the neo-Nazis or whoever else. I have other names for such things....
Lemme just break it down for you so you can use it for future reference:

Neo-Nazis: Don't do it for "shtick". They do it because that's what they believe. They're not in it for ratings or advertisers or to make money.

WBC: Probably doesn't *mind* a little publicity, but don't do their thing for ratings, ad revenue or selling subscriptions. They do their thing because that's what *they* believe is the right thing to do, and the tasty way to do it. Yup, like Quaker Oatmeal. Samie same as the Neo-Nazis.

Ann Coulter: Does it for the ratings. The shock. The awe. The conversations around the water cooler or tree-hugging shin-dig that eventually leads to some semblance or remaining relevant. Selling ad space, making money, etc. No different in principle than someone like Howard Stern, but with a WHOLE other direction.

Don't confuse the latter with the 2 former. They may seem a lot alike but have little in common other than stirring the shit pot once in a while.
orb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 04:51 AM   #33
/)'3'(\
 
ittoa666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chimaera SD
Posts: 7,894
Thanked: 196
ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemoniac View Post
The man is quite simply insane.
Fix'd




She does sound like a guy though. Not a fan.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #34
SS.org Regular
 
Mr Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 738
Thanked: 18
Mr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb451 View Post
I wouldn't call her an ally Randy, but I've never understood the Left's obsession with her and people like her. I mean, isn't it painfully obvious that she's doing this for the attention/money? That is, making stupid statements, creating controversy, getting people to talk about her and the last remark she made and so on?

I dunno, but that's the way I see her and people like her. Fringe? Oh for sure, but dangerous? Lethal? Meh... what's that meme they use now and then? Obvious idiot is obvious or something like that... She's a shock-jock. Nothing more. The more people hang on every dumbassed thing she says, the more attention, energy and time is wasted that could spent elsewhere.
I just want to point out that I don't dislike her because of her politcal views, nor am I left or right or center. I could honestly care no less about politics than I already do.

I was making my judgment calls on her just sounding and acting batshit insane. I just wanted to iterate that you don't have to subscribe to the Left or the Right to call it like it seems. I know her topics are all political, but even the base logic she uses to try to make points is absolutely clownshoes.
Guitarman700 likes this.

"I'll stuff your body inside of my snare drum and do a blast beat at 600 BPM for 3 and a half hours."
Mr Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #35
Banned
 
orb451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LV426
Posts: 2,001
Thanked: 98
orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Violence View Post
I was making my judgment calls on her just sounding and acting batshit insane. I just wanted to iterate that you don't have to subscribe to the Left or the Right to call it like it seems. I know her topics are all political, but even the base logic she uses to try to make points is absolutely clownshoes.
Right and that's her point. She's not going to create as much of a stir or rise out of people if all her comments are based on sound reasoning, facts and research. She's going to use the most outlandish, *crazy* or over-the-top antics to make her point or state her opinion. If she did it quietly no one would listen. The trick is to let her and her microphone sound off as loud as they can, and fall on mostly deaf ears.
orb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Les Paul Forum | Marshall Amp Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

SS.org proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2004-2014, SevenString.org. All Rights Reserved.