homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #51
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormant
Football is different though. That's hooliganism as opposed to real racism. It's people who are looking for fights. In the UK many clubs have 'firms' - people who go to the games (and especially the World Cup) to have fights with opposing fans and the police. In the UK it is particularly well organised and tends to involve emails and phone calls between firms to organise locations, which weapons are allowed etc. It's sick and quite scary.

Racism in Europe is rife (However if you are referring to the original story that is prejudice, and if you are referring to Jason's comment that is xenophobia). Racism in the UK is definitely not as bad as the USA but we are getting there unfortunately.
Nah I'm not talking about "fighting" I'm talking about fans throwing ....ing bananas at dark skninned players and spitting onpeople and calling them names. If that's not racisim I don't know what is.

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #52
Comfortably Dumb

Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by .jason.
Nah I'm not talking about "fighting" I'm talking about fans throwing ....ing bananas at dark skninned players and spitting onpeople and calling them names. If that's not racisim I don't know what is.
Idiocy is also a quite decriptive term, I think.
Loomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 09:43 AM   #53
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You know, this thread title is kind of misleading.

She wasn't stabbed directly because she said "Yeah I like ac/dc."

and someone else was like "YOU WHAT!? Let's get her!"

She was attacked for the social clique that she fell into.

I'm stating the obvious though, and we've already gone over that.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #54
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren
Japanese also are very surprised when they see that Americans have American flags everywhere and the pledge of allegiance every day at school. They identify that kind of stuff with "nationalism", which is what the Americans tried to drive out of the Japanese after World War II (since it is, undeniably, one of the primary factors in their involvement in the war). Really, the only places in Japan I see Japanese flags hung are: the Tokyo Metropolitan government building, the Imperial Palace, and the Diet. Even Ward buildings and city halls don't have Japanese national flags if I remember correctly.
Real quick bvefore a meeting - I suspect the fact that we won WWII and the Japanese lost may have a LOT to do with our differing attitudes towards nationalism and the concept of "national pride" - the Japanese saw first hand how dangerous it was, while we saw first-hand how enpowering it was.

I'm not saying this like I think it's a good thing, either.

Oh, and the obligatory "America, .... yeah!"

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #55
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
Real quick bvefore a meeting - I suspect the fact that we won WWII and the Japanese lost may have a LOT to do with our differing attitudes towards nationalism and the concept of "national pride" - the Japanese saw first hand how dangerous it was, while we saw first-hand how enpowering it was.

I'm not saying this like I think it's a good thing, either.

Oh, and the obligatory "America, .... yeah!"
Ha ha. I just watched "Team America: World Police" and the songs in that movie... Ha ha.

Yeah, we definitely have different views on it. We view our own "national pride" (which is actually nationalism) as being empowering and helping us put down injustice, whereas the Japanese see their own nationalism during WW2 as well as the nationalism of their former allies, Germany and Italy, as having been bad. They oftentimes associate it with the strong-armed militarists of the time. They realized soon afterwards how dangerous it was. Of course, no one has conquered the US and said "Look at what you did because of your extreme nationalism"
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 06:25 PM   #56
*insert title here*

streathervsgodzilla will become famous soon enough
sadly the uk is getting worse with violent crime, despite what the government statistics say, me and a few of my friends have been victims of crime due to our musical tastes and lifestyle choices, usually muggings but a few of us have been beaten up by gangs, me included i spent 3 days in hospital after been hit in the face by a chav with a iron bar and it snapped my jaw neatly in 2 luckily everything got sorted in the hospital and im fine now but it could easily have been much worse,

luckily too some of my friends are chavs as well and they didnt take too kindly to me being jumped and returned the favour lol
streathervsgodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2006, 04:45 AM   #57
Comfortably Dumb

Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by streathervsgodzilla
sadly the uk is getting worse with violent crime, despite what the government statistics say, me and a few of my friends have been victims of crime due to our musical tastes and lifestyle choices, usually muggings but a few of us have been beaten up by gangs, me included i spent 3 days in hospital after been hit in the face by a chav with a iron bar and it snapped my jaw neatly in 2 luckily everything got sorted in the hospital and im fine now but it could easily have been much worse,

luckily too some of my friends are chavs as well and they didnt take too kindly to me being jumped and returned the favour lol
Normally I would say "returning the favour" would be morally wrong and stooping to their level, but still. Some people just don't understand any other language than Fisttothefaceian, especially those who use it to communicate with others..

Anyway, what the .... is up with those chavs? I've only heard bad things about them so far
Unread 09-02-2006, 05:57 AM   #58
Maiden England

2powern is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loomer
Anyway, what the .... is up with those chavs? I've only heard bad things about them so far

There's the rare one that's not an arse, but by-and-large they're utter dicks.
2powern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2006, 07:07 AM   #59
Comfortably Dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2powern
There's the rare one that's not an arse, but by-and-large they're utter dicks.
That doesn't sound very promising :/
Unread 09-02-2006, 10:03 AM   #60
NUDE MAN!

LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
That is just ....ing rediculous.

All you brits who want to move, come to Missouri! I need some metal friends, everybody here sucks!

www.bodenhamer-electronics.com

the official gain merchant of sevenstring.org.
LordOVchaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #61
Smokestack Lightning

telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Racism in the UK is definitely not as bad as the USA but we are getting there unfortunately.
Hold the phone there. Maybe a good 30 or 40 years ago racism was terrible in the United States, but we have deffinently made leaps and bounds to achieving equality. While there still is racism, it's nowhere near what it was.
telecaster90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2006, 12:05 PM   #62
Whoopsie Daisy!

DelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himself
Most chavs by themselves are pussies, take it from me they've tried mugging me enough times. They'll act all hard and start walking into you demanding shit off you, just nut em' and follow it up a nice elbow to the face...they'll still talk shit like "I'm going to get my crew, they're gonna deck ya'", bollocks will they.

More words here is more words.
DelfinoPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #63
Wanker

Dormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
That hasn't happened for over 20 years. It is completely dispicable but it was pushed out of the game years ago. Anything you may have heard recently is just not true (I'm a massive football/soccer fan and this kind of stuff gets massive publicity here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster90
Hold the phone there. Maybe a good 30 or 40 years ago racism was terrible in the United States, but we have deffinently made leaps and bounds to achieving equality. While there still is racism, it's nowhere near what it was.
Having spent time in 15 different states in the last 10 years or so the little I saw in the short time I was there told me you still have a long way to go. Of course that is inevitable considering the massive nature of your population and variety of different subcultures within your society.

Anyway, I merely said it's not as bad here as it is over there - I didn't give a quantified or measured level of the atrocity of racism in the US!

Additionally, on the subject of chav's - I am really unhappy that the use of this term has become so widespread. All it does is further create subdivisions within society in the UK causing increased social disturbance. These 'chav's' you refer to used to just be 'people'. If you start labelling them it is as bad as them having a go at you for your differences. [/social rant]
Dormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2006, 12:07 PM   #64
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
That hasn't happened for over 20 years. It is completely dispicable but it was pushed out of the game years ago. Anything you may have heard recently is just not true (I'm a massive football/soccer fan and this kind of stuff gets massive publicity here).
this was on espn just a few months ago when the world cup was going on. They showed CURRENT players and teams and everything plus quotes/interview from world cup officials. So I think you either haven't heard of it or there is some denial going on in europe.

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Unread 09-03-2006, 01:10 PM   #65
Wanker

Dormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
this was on espn just a few months ago when the world cup was going on. They showed CURRENT players and teams and everything plus quotes/interview from world cup officials. So I think you either haven't heard of it or there is some denial going on in europe.
Europe? Do you have any more specific information? I initially thought you were referring to the UK. Europe is a big place and I am only really able to vouch for the UK game. Like I said any further information on this program would be much appreciated.
Dormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #66
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Im having trouble finding specifics..sorry

Gallagher
Unread 09-03-2006, 03:48 PM   #67
*insert title here*

streathervsgodzilla will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelfinoPie
Most chavs by themselves are pussies, take it from me they've tried mugging me enough times. They'll act all hard and start walking into you demanding shit off you, just nut em' and follow it up a nice elbow to the face...they'll still talk shit like "I'm going to get my crew, they're gonna deck ya'", bollocks will they.
lol its not crew its usually

"ohhh my brothers going knock you spark out annat"
streathervsgodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2006, 03:15 AM   #68
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Another reason why I'm doubting a proper punishment for the girl's responsible for the attack this thread's about is my girlfriend's experience. She was glassed (thankfully only leaving a small scar near her eye, it could have been a lot worse) back in January by a girl purely because she was a "goth". Actually she's a black metal loving biker chick, but whatever.

The girl responsible was arrested at the scene and has previous history of things like this, yet she's only just going to court this week, a whole 9 months after the attack, to decide if they're even going to bother prosecuting her! They have all the evidence they need that she is 100% guilty and a repeated offender and still they have to debate prosecuting her or not. Welcome to English justice.
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2006, 07:41 AM   #69
Lord Green Fingers

maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfiend666
Another reason why I'm doubting a proper punishment for the girl's responsible for the attack this thread's about is my girlfriend's experience. She was glassed (thankfully only leaving a small scar near her eye, it could have been a lot worse) back in January by a girl purely because she was a "goth". Actually she's a black metal loving biker chick, but whatever.

The girl responsible was arrested at the scene and has previous history of things like this, yet she's only just going to court this week, a whole 9 months after the attack, to decide if they're even going to bother prosecuting her! They have all the evidence they need that she is 100% guilty and a repeated offender and still they have to debate prosecuting her or not. Welcome to English justice.
9 months is relatively quick. I took over a year and a half for me to get my 'attacker' into court.
maliciousteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2006, 07:58 AM   #70
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Well this isn't even the hearing, this is just to decide if they'll prosecute. She was arrested at the scene and has previous, surely 9 months is taking the piss for that!
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #71
Comfortably Dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfiend666
Well this isn't even the hearing, this is just to decide if they'll prosecute. She was arrested at the scene and has previous, surely 9 months is taking the piss for that!
That's seriously as wrong as it gets.

If you commit a crime, punishment must be as quick and as effective as possible.