homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
GE buys 25,000 electric cars to kick-start market.

All details here: BBC News - GE buys 25,000 electric cars to kick-start market
I find it odd GE in particular would do this. Coming from the company who spent more on legal fee's then it would of to clean up that mess they made a while ago.
GuitaristOfHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What mess did GE make?

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Didn't GE just get a government bailout?

I know that they had to sell off some of their branches last year.

Electric cars might be cool, though.

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Not sure about the bailout, but the last time I heard they did anything headline worthy was back in 09' when the SEC fined them.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Dammit. I has hoping it bought 25000 things other than the volt. Maybe this will give GM the resources to make another 100% electric vehicle.

Also with 25000 more (potentially) plug in cars driving around, businesses may start installing recharge stations in the parking lot. That would be awesome.

EDIT: Holy shit i didn't read the first paragraph until now and it reads exactly what i just posted. epic.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #6
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostjan View Post
Didn't GE just get a government bailout?

I know that they had to sell off some of their branches last year.

Electric cars might be cool, though.
I think you're thinking of GM. Lol
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
GE Should Cleanup Its Mess in the Hudson River - Sign the Petition | Change.org
I live in this area by the way.
Unread 11-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
As a resident of Schenectady, home of GE and the base for their new battery R&D facility, this pleases me.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #9
The Optimist Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
As a resident of Schenectady, home of GE and the base for their new battery R&D facility, this pleases me.
Same here, I'm not too far from Schenectady.
Unread 11-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
Banned

aslsmm is just really niceaslsmm is just really nice
i sold security systems for GE. everyone hated them for some reason. they kept saying that they were selling stuff to north korea or some thing to that effect.... any one care to explain that ordeal if they know any thing about it?
aslsmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #11
The DeRailer

silentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to all
You could probably sell them an entire nuke launch system, complete with warheads, and they'd find a way to .... that up. I wouldn't worry about some car alarms.
silentrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #12
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Who knows. A giant company like that is involved with crooked deals all over the board, I'm sure.

Argbadh - RHLC©
Unread 11-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #13
The Optimist Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentrage View Post
You could probably sell them an entire nuke launch system, complete with warheads, and they'd find a way to .... that up. I wouldn't worry about some car alarms.
Unread 11-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #14
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
GE bailout in 2008

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #15
Classy
Super Moderator

Why in the .... were all of these companies allowed to get into the lending industry? Why?

Argbadh - RHLC©
Unread 11-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #16
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Why in the .... were all of these companies allowed to get into the lending industry? Why?
Because they own our government.
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #17
Classy
Super Moderator

Argbadh - RHLC©
Unread 11-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #18
Banned

aslsmm is just really niceaslsmm is just really nice
like my sig says
A mass of promises
Begin to rupture
Like the pockets Of the new world kings
Like swollen stomachs In Appalachia
Like the priest that ....ed you As he whispered holy things

RATM for life bitches!!!!!!!!
aslsmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #19
Huge nerd

RenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'm curious if these will actually catch on at the consumer level. A $41,000 plug in econobox with a bowtie on it just does not compute for me.

Meanwhile, Ford brings the Fiesta stateside with a motor putting out hybrid-like performance with traditional gasoline at a price tag nearly any American can afford and it is overshadowed by the hype resulting from the unproven Volt.

However it did get the Motor Trend Car of the Year award, and I must give it to Chevy, they finally made a sedan that wasn't hideous to look at for the first time since probably the 60's.

"No it doesn't surprise me you know origami. You know origami and play speed metal on 7 string guitars."

- my former boss
RenegadeDave is offline   Reply With Quote