homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #26
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sted View Post
I'd have put that sucker straight on Ebay......in russia!
Actually, although this suggestion might have been made as a joke, this seems like a great idea.

One finds an object on one's private property, and claims ownership by right of eminent domain or some other principle.

One places said object on eBay, stating the possibility that the object was placed there by the FBI, but that there is no proof.

As bidding climbs, the FBI attempts to claim ownership.

The presumed owner and auction initiator asks for firm proof that the object belongs to the FBI, including any and all paperwork leading to said object being placed on private property. If the FBI refuses to supply not just the actual purchase records with the recorded serial number, but also the proof that the object wasn't surplused/sold, the object's auction continues.

"How do I know you still owned the object? Can you provide proof that you got a signed order to place it on my car? Provide all paperwork in support of your claim."

And, of course, make sure there is plenty of press coverage of the requests for paperwork, and of any refusal to provide such proof of ownership.

I do hope the ACLU does something creative along these lines, if they are getting involved.....

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #27
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
I haven't yet thought of any flaws in that plan, but that's a good one as far as I can tell.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #28

SD83 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Interesting plan. I'm not that much surprised by the actual "news". I guess if you got access to the amount of information that the FBI for example has, it's not that hard to spy on someone without being noticed.
To be honest, the entire story sounds a bit made up to me.

No one should be protected from the effects of their own stupidity.
SD83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #29
Redefining Sound

The Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Customisbetter View Post
Also there is no ....ing way I would give that device back to them.
"You put that device on my car?"

"Yeah, we did. We need it back, NAO."

"Finders keepers, losers weepers. Suck it."

This is how the conversation should have gone.

When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic. — Dresden James

Buy my album, My Titanic Grave, at whatever price you choose on Bandcamp!
SoundClick — MySpace — Twitter — Facebook — YouTube - My music, my Let's Plays, and my anarchist home build.
The Atomic Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #30
Redefining Sound

The Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
Who knows, we may even have enough anarchists on this forum to end up on a watch list or two ourselves.
Like me?

When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic. — Dresden James

SoundClick — MySpace — Twitter — Facebook — YouTube - My music, my Let's Plays, and my anarchist home build.
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #31
Redefining Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
I don't believe in 'big brother' or any conspiracy that has ever existed, and even I know this is just ....ing wrong and stupid. These agents deserve to be fired. Privacy before 'national security,' always. It's kinda sickening that they don't even give a .... about putting their prick noses into all of his affairs.. leave him alone, he didn't do shit.
But Big Brother loves you.

Unread 10-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #32
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I'd make a Sabrina Sabrok joke but that would be over the line.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote